75059 - UCS: Sandcrawler

TheDarkness

1 hour ago, Haay said:

No need really to say "Germany" specifically since there is only one European stock. If it's TooS at LEGO Shop at Home Germany, it's also TooS at LEGO Shop at Home France, UK, Belgium, Spain, Netherlands, Denmark, Italy... :P  So next time, just say: TooS (or Call to Check, or Sold Out, or Retired) at LEGO LEGO Shop at Home Europe. :) 

I thought SaH UK can show different status sometimes. I was wrong than.

Thanks Haay!

• Like 1

On 12/1/2015 at 10:12 AM, hannibal said:

The SC is a great set! I'v got one here on display at work and enjoy playing around with it, its very versatile. I love how you can box it up so it's all closed and can be driven around or open the marketplace and start selling droids to the local farmers from Tatooine. I also have one for the personal collection and will build it up when I get tired of the Slave I and MKII. 

This one won't be around for too long. It's a fantastic set with 3000+ pieces and somehow it doesn't get the attention it deserves. However things will change once it disappears! It's almost the same piece count as 10221, but £100 less...so it's quite a bargain.

Don't judge by piece count. It is full of technic pins.... it is a great set, but making comparisons like this is not too legit.

By the way it is only Out of Stock now. If DS retires this would be the current flagship of SW, so retirement of both of these at the same time I think is quite unlikely. But who knows.

Edited by inversion

Newer folks should review my build post about this set. The set includes tons of technic and larger plates which are prob more expensive to make than common bricks like 2x2s.

I'm a big fan of 10144 but 75059 blows it away in every way. In my opinion, the only improvement by Lego could have been adding capes to the Jawas.

15 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

Newer folks should review my build post about this set. The set includes tons of technic and larger plates which are prob more expensive to make than common bricks like 2x2s.

I'm a big fan of 10144 but 75059 blows it away in every way. In my opinion, the only improvement by Lego could have been adding capes to the Jawas.

This set is way better than the previous one. Yes, I would prefer capes and more greebles on the rear instead of the stickers.

But piece wise... look at SOH. Price is lower and less pieces, still weighs 20% more than this one. I just like to remind folks that piece count is a bad metric. 

Edited by inversion

• 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, Calli said:

I got one for my birthday 2 weeks ago and finished it within a week. It was a very nice build and is an absolute eye catcher if put on display despite the fact it's not coming with the UCS badge. I might buy a couple as an investment in the following months.

Just grabbed one from WM - http://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Star-Wars-Sandcrawler-Play-Set/34976659. It looks like those come w/the UCS badge...Do you know if there's a difference (which I doubt, besides packaging)? Just curious...

Great looking SC btw.

13 minutes ago, midbenne said:

Just grabbed one from WM - http://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Star-Wars-Sandcrawler-Play-Set/34976659. It looks like those come w/the UCS badge...Do you know if there's a difference (which I doubt, besides packaging)? Just curious...

Great looking SC btw.

I think the PP set is an EU kit as it doesn't have the piece count. No difference in the build.

• Like 1

Loooove this set. I buy my builders from AWD. Managed to pick up SC and Slave 1 for a 20% discount. I think you convinced me to build the crawler first!

39 minutes ago, Calli said:

I got one for my birthday 2 weeks ago and finished it within a week. It was a very nice build and is an absolute eye catcher if put on display despite the fact it's not coming with the UCS badge. I might buy a couple as an investment in the following months.

• Like 1

I have a local guy trying to sell a used complete SC for $270, I tried to get him to go down to $200 and he said no lower than $225.00. I am not jumping out of my seat for it at that price, but I am contemplating. anyone want to chime in? It is on my buy list, just wasn't planning on it popping up so soon...

5 minutes ago, Deanfjr said:

I have a local guy trying to sell a used complete SC for $270, I tried to get him to go down to $200 and he said no lower than $225.00. I am not jumping out of my seat for it at that price, but I am contemplating. anyone want to chime in? It is on my buy list, just wasn't planning on it popping up so soon...

So, 25% off AND no tax isn't enough of a reason for you to buy an exclusive that you want for your collection?

20 minutes ago, Deanfjr said:

Well it is used, not new, I want one new to collect. as far as tax, my Target red card covers my sales tax.   

You didn't specify that you wanted a new one for your collection and in that case, you can simply ignore used listings from a collection standpoint.  However, most builders will immediately purchase the Sandcrawler at $225.

25 minutes ago, Deanfjr said:

Well it is used, not new, I want one new to collect. as far as tax, my Target red card covers my sales tax.   

So why are you asking us about a used one if you're after a new one? And if you are interested in a used one, it's a simple question for yourself isn't it? Is it worth that to YOU? Why does it matter what we think?

• Like 4

On 1/28/2016 at 1:34 PM, pete411 said:

Loooove this set. I buy my builders from AWD. Managed to pick up SC and Slave 1 for a 20% discount. I think you convinced me to build the crawler first!

Question, is there a way to get notifications from AWD if an item comes back into stock? Been looking on there for a SC but dont want to check every so often.

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 1:59 PM, Calli said:

what do you feed it and is it potty trained? oink

• Like 2

I recall seeing that a bunch of BPers got this in Nov of 2014 when amazon ran a deal where it was $200...Not looking for a crystal ball reading but thinking that during double points might be the best time to get this for at least some sort of discount....I have so far ordered 2 from walmart.com and BOTH have come shipped in no box besides the box for the set itself...SMH, what a bunch of garbage...then the store literally cut the seals, opened up the inside package and just destroyed the rest of it...it was hard to watch but I am still sans SC...(for now)

EDIT: SORRY THAT WAS FOR EV! My fault....NM! Question would still apply. 

Edited by midbenne

I bought this and Mos Eisley Cantina (for the speeder, Dewback, and moisturizer). It was used w/o stickers applied ($250) so the pieces were sorted by color, and I had limited space to spread the pieces out so finding brown bricks was a huge pain, and the treads would be pretty tedious regardless, but in spite of that I still enjoyed myself and really like the finished build.

What was the peak price for the original, before rumors of the UCS version even started? Seems like a relevant question for the potential of this set. I mean it looks a lot better but a couple of my friends have been like "What is it?" so the demand for an-already-$300-set definitely won't the same as a lot of other Star Wars sets.

8 minutes ago, Pedilego said:

What was the peak price for the original, before rumors of the UCS version even started? Seems like a relevant question for the potential of this set. I mean it looks a lot better but a couple of my friends have been like "What is it?" so the demand for an-already-$300-set definitely won't the same as a lot of other Star Wars sets.

This is why I have one for me and none for investment... yet. Maybe I'll change my mind, but the time-to-sale to double my investment on a $300 set is a lot longer than other opportunities. The Sandcrawler would have to hit $750 to even consider selling to double that initial capital, and I have to be realistic about my resources, this set's demand, and the bottom line.

16 hours ago, Pedilego said:

I bought this and Mos Eisley Cantina (for the speeder, Dewback, and moisturizer). It was used w/o stickers applied ($250) so the pieces were sorted by color, and I had limited space to spread the pieces out so finding brown bricks was a huge pain, and the treads would be pretty tedious regardless, but in spite of that I still enjoyed myself and really like the finished build.

I remember selling several used versions of the old Sandcrawler for around $290 each before the new one was announced. That's pretty much double MSRP Used, so you can bet New was selling for much more.

On 2/8/2016 at 1:55 PM, dcdfan said:

For those thinking this is going away, in addition to Lego & Walmart having stock, it's back in stock at Amazon...

I ordered one from Amazon and it arrived today -- 03R6. Looks like she does indeed have a little life left.

• Like 2