75059 - UCS: Sandcrawler

TheDarkness

TRU burned through their stock in less than a week.  gift cards .

amazon and target are out.  no product under review tags or anything on amazon.

down to shop at home and walmart and i've done my part to take out walmart's stock.

Edited by cladner

i only do site-to store with walmart because of what you describe plus i live 5 minutes from a tax free state where i pick it up so i save another 6%.  i've ordered 6 now site-to store orders of 2 they have come 2 to a sealed lego carton in pristine condition spread out over the last 2 weeks.  it does seem improbable that sandcrawler is going anywhere. must be something in the water around here... maybe its selling out at these places because its actually popular.  imagine.

Edited by cladner

3 minutes ago, cladner said:

i only do site-to store with walmart because of what you describe plus i live 5 minutes from a tax free state where i pick it up so i save another 6%.  i've ordered 6 now site-to store orders of 2 they have come 2 to a sealed lego carton in pristine condition spread out over the last 2 weeks.  it does seem improbable that sandcrawler is going anywhere. must be something in the water around here... maybe its selling out at these places because its actually popular.  imagine.

So what do you do when you do site to store and then you show up and there is a line of 15 mouth breathers returning their stolen merch or making another $10 payment on that Visio TV in layaway? My most valuable thing is my time and that has always been my issue with site to store. Not to mention the employees doing it always act like this is the first time they have ever done site to store and can never figure it out somehow.

22 minutes ago, MarxMarvelous said:

So what do you do when you do site to store and then you show up and there is a line of 15 mouth breathers returning their stolen merch or making another $10 payment on that Visio TV in layaway? My most valuable thing is my time and that has always been my issue with site to store. Not to mention the employees doing it always act like this is the first time they have ever done site to store and can never figure it out somehow.

depends on the walmart.  have to find one where the site-to store is separate from customer service.  the walmart i frequent site-to-store is done by the photo printing counter which is next to the nitemare customer service line you are describing.  i had to stand in a few of those lines during the at-at sweep.

12 minutes ago, Miami Bomb Squad said:

He's saving 6% or $18 driving 5 miles.  
That's Like Uber rates. 

i order them 2-4 at a time.  so $36 or $72.  and no deposit on any bottles i might pick up.

Edited by cladner

55 minutes ago, cladner said:

TRU burned through their stock in less than a week.  gift cards .

amazon and target are out.  no product under review tags or anything on amazon.

down to shop at home and walmart and i've done my part to take out walmart's stock.

Since there's already been confirmed 2016 seal codes and this just came back in stock I was surprised the one I got yesterday from TRU was 49R4. Not sure where they found this old batch.

Although after seeing Red5 and ToO come in stock at TRU the past couple days maybe it just take them 8 months to process new inventory.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, gbg108 said:

Since there's already been confirmed 2016 seal codes and this just came back in stock I was surprised the one I got yesterday from TRU was 49R4. Not sure where they found this old batch.

Although after seeing Red5 and ToO come in stock at TRU the past couple days maybe it just take them 8 months to process new inventory.

i have seen many topic appears "ToO", what is this?

17 hours ago, cladner said:

the walmart i frequent site-to-store is done by the photo printing counter which is next to the nitemare customer service line you are describing. 

That sounds magical. I wish some of the Walmarts by me did that. Pretty sure they are all in the CS/layaway section.

So took advantage of double vip promo and bought a Sandcrawler. Arrived and box was creased and bashed. They were very good and offered to do an exchange but I made point that their couriers here in Uk are not great and this is a reason why Lego is changing their main courier. They then offered to give me 600 additional VIP points on top of the 500 that they've already given so we're now looking at a 22% discount. Thoughts on whether to take it or leave it considering that this will hit resell value when this retires. If I was building it, it would be a no brainier but it just doesn't interest me. Waiting ultimately for the new UCS snow speeder

58 minutes ago, LahH001 said:

So took advantage of double vip promo and bought a Sandcrawler. Arrived and box was creased and bashed. They were very good and offered to do an exchange but I made point that their couriers here in Uk are not great and this is a reason why Lego is changing their main courier. They then offered to give me 600 additional VIP points on top of the 500 that they've already given so we're now looking at a 22% discount. Thoughts on whether to take it or leave it considering that this will hit resell value when this retires. If I was building it, it would be a no brainier but it just doesn't interest me. Waiting ultimately for the new UCS snow speeder

I'd push for more VIP points, I received a Wall-e a few months ago, the box was also damaged, sent Lego a few pictures and they quickly offered me 500 VIP points, which compared to the original price of the set seemed like a deal and I bit their hand off!!! But due to the fact the SC is 6 times the price, I think there maybe room for negotiation...

Edited by Manse1001

5 minutes ago, Manse1001 said:

I'd push for more VIP points, I received a Wall-e a few months ago, the box was also damaged, sent Lego a few pictures and they quickly offered me 500 VIP points, which compared to the original price of the set seemed like a deal and I bite their hand off!!! But due to the fact the SC is 6 times the price, I think there maybe room for negotiation...

YMMV. At my local LEGO store, they offered me 1000 bonus points for a damaged box set at the same RRP (299.99 USD). I am not sure how much flexibility individual location managers have vs. LEGO Shop at Home, but I too would expect a bit more. I received 500 bonus points on two sets this weekend with RRP of 199.99 USD (Simpson's House) and 239.99 USD (Tower Bridge).

3 minutes ago, Deadfraggle said:

YMMV. At my local LEGO store, they offered me 1000 bonus points for a damaged box set at the same RRP (299.99 USD). I am not sure how much flexibility individual location managers have vs. LEGO Shop at Home, but I too would expect a bit more. I received 500 bonus points on two sets this weekend with RRP of 199.99 USD (Simpson's House) and 239.99 USD (Tower Bridge).

1000 points would be more like what I would expect, in all honesty I thought 500 points was high for a £40 set, I was expecting more like 200 max! But yes, I'd ask for a 1000 points, and based on that figure I'd probably keep the set.

43 minutes ago, dcdfan said:
And nobody thinks that their VIP accounts are reviewed after these calls... Interesting...

Reviewed in what way?? If you can send photos of the damaged box as per their request, what is to be reviewed? No one is going to keep a damaged box without compensation right?

Edited by Manse1001

6 minutes ago, Manse1001 said:

Reviewed in what way?? If you can send photos of the damaged box as per their request, what is to be reviewed? No one is going to keep a damaged box with compensation right?

What normal LEGO enthusiast cares about box condition?  That's a gotcha right there.  Damaging boxes before shipment is a trap. ;)

• Like 3

What normal LEGO enthusiast cares about box condition?  That's a gotcha right there.  Damaging boxes before shipment is a trap.

Oooooooh I see!! :o) but begs to ask the question why do they offer discount in the shop? At the weekend my local Lego store had a TB discounted by 20% due to a damaged box! Even for the sets I open and build I always make sure the boxes are kept and stored in mint condition!