75059 - UCS: Sandcrawler

TheDarkness

10 minutes ago, gbg108 said:

I ordered one from Amazon and it arrived today -- 03R6. Looks like she does indeed have a little life left.

FWIW, I received one from Lego shop at home with the same seal codes.  It will be interesting to see if any newer codes pop up when the Sandcrawler approaches its 2-year anniversary of the May 4 release date.

35 minutes ago, joogle said:

I am debating to buy two of the Sandcrawler units or one Ewok and one Sandcrawler.  Mainly for investment purpose.

Any suggestions?  My other thought is buy one Sandcrawler and one Simpsons House.

Thanks

Sure.  Why not.  So what investing info are you using for buying the Sandcrawler set? 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

1 EV and 1 SC to get things going would be my choice. It is expected that the EV will retire before the SC but IMO the SC is the better set . 

Plus, it's a good idea to diversify. Would you be sad if you bought 2 sandcrawlers and watched Ewok Village retire and raise in price while Sandcrawlers were still readily available?

• Like 1

On 9 February 2016 at 9:14 PM, meowsmeowsmeows said:

FWIW, I received one from Lego shop at home with the same seal codes.  It will be interesting to see if any newer codes pop up when the Sandcrawler approaches its 2-year anniversary of the May 4 release date.

Saw one today in Lego Store with 06S6 seals.  I think we'll we have time on this one, hence I will probably focus EV during double VIP in March, and hold off on sand crawler till Star Wars event.  Another reason to focus on EV first is I can't see them having two SW playsets side by side, when Hoth arrives ahead of Star Wars event. 

• Like 1

On January 28, 2016 at 2:34 PM, pete411 said:

Loooove this set. I buy my builders from AWD. Managed to pick up SC and Slave 1 for a 20% discount. I think you convinced me to build the crawler first!

Yeah bought a like-new one from AWD and saved almost $50 from the price of it new.. Box was in really good shape with just a small crease in front and a 2x2' area of the back had some of the print removed (likely from tape). Seals were in tact and all. Picked up EV about a month ago with a near flawless box but broken seals that I verified all contents.. I search the warehouse store daily since

46 minutes ago, rmendol1 said:

Yeah bought a like-new one from AWD and saved almost $50 from the price of it new.. Box was in really good shape with just a small crease in front and a 2x2' area of the back had some of the print removed (likely from tape). Seals were in tact and all. Picked up EV about a month ago with a near flawless box but broken seals that I verified all contents.. I search the warehouse store daily since

Right on! I've purchased Pet Shop, Palace Cinema, Slave 1, Sandcrawler, Parisian Restaurant, Fairground Mixer, Tower Bridge, Ecto-1, and VW Camper builders all through AWD. I've passed on multiples of each one. It just takes a bit of dedication since they get snatched up extremely quickly but you just have to keep checking. Just make a shortcut for the search on your smartphone to make it easier.

• Like 2

On February 19, 2016 at 6:45 PM, LahH001 said:

Saw one today in Lego Store with 06S6 seals.  I think we'll we have time on this one, hence I will probably focus EV during double VIP in March, and hold off on sand crawler till Star Wars event.  Another reason to focus on EV first is I can't see them having two SW playsets side by side, when Hoth arrives ahead of Star Wars event. 

What do you mean "focusing on EV"...isn't it limit 1 on LEGO Shop at Home? Is there a way to buy more than 1 in double VIP without getting dinged?

14 minutes ago, uaford said:

What do you mean "focusing on EV"...isn't it limit 1 on LEGO Shop at Home? Is there a way to buy more than 1 in double VIP without getting dinged?

get your friends or relatives to open up an account and order the set for you.

or run the banhammer gauntlet but be cool, order 1 at a time, wait for it to ship before you go back for more. mix up your order history with smaller orders of other exclusives between the exclusive's that are limit 1. also  make sure you have multiple kids on your VIP account and then make sure that you order each duplicate set for a different kid - the triplets all love star wars these days.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, cladner said:

or run the banhammer gauntlet but be cool, order 1 at a time, wait for it to ship before you go back for more. mix up your order history with smaller orders of other exclusives between the exclusive's that are limit 1. also  make sure you have multiple kids on your VIP account and then make sure that you order each duplicate set for a different kid - the triplets all love star wars these days.

How do you get kids on your VIP account? I've gone into my VIP settings many times over the last months, made sure the "whom are you buying for" checkmarks include kids, then get to a screen that says "we'd like more details" but all it shows is the same checkmarks..... My kids each have LEGO club subscriptions so if LEGO does a search across their CRM database they should pop up, but I was expecting a more direct entry method in my VIP settings. Can you point me the way?

2 minutes ago, Phil B said:

How do you get kids on your VIP account? I've gone into my VIP settings many times over the last months, made sure the "whom are you buying for" checkmarks include kids, then get to a screen that says "we'd like more details" but all it shows is the same checkmarks..... My kids each have LEGO club subscriptions so if LEGO does a search across their CRM database they should pop up, but I was expecting a more direct entry method in my VIP settings. Can you point me the way?

VIP my account page  -> click on personal profile (tab next to account history) -> at the bottom  who are you shopping for -> edit - add the kids and grandkids other and add the VIP fans.  sign them up for the newletters catalogs and magazines so that you have 4 or 5 kids at the house eating drinking and pooping legos (ouch) and give yourself a reason to buy 6 figures from shop at home since 2009 and not get banned.

Edited by cladner

3 minutes ago, cladner said:

VIP my account page -> click on personal profile - who are you shopping for -> edit - add the kids and grandkids.

Weird - went through the same route and this time it worked ... I swear it didn't work for me between Dec and early Feb. They must have fixed a bug somewhere .....

14 minutes ago, cladner said:

tonight, i get to be the nerd to point out this isn't in the spring catalog. 

Honstly, I would care more if the set was actually in the catalog.  In past years, Lego put sets in the Spring catalog that ultimately sold-out w/o returning.  10221 is the best example.   Then again, using the catalog as a prediction cool is like playing black or red in roulette.  Catalog has worse odds.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, emmers said:

Where did you find the TB? I swept through the catalog and could only find the SOH. 

you're right it was not sorry about that. not sure what I was thinking of

On February 26, 2016 at 9:44 PM, cladner said:

Don't take this the wrong way, but if lego was going to run a sales report on all the addresses that received more than 1 Ewok Village, that could be done relatively quickly on most Point of Sales systems in today's retail world.  The only way to beat lego's rules would be to buy the limit online and stick with it, and buy in cash at a lego store.  That's simply it!

29 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

Don't take this the wrong way, but if lego was going to run a sales report on all the addresses that received more than 1 Ewok Village, that could be done relatively quickly on most Point of Sales systems in today's retail world.  The only way to beat lego's rules would be to buy the limit online and stick with it, and buy in cash at a lego store.  That's simply it!

i only report what has worked for me over the years and there is no guarantee that this will continue.  i do believe having children names on the account reduces the probability of your getting your account flagged. cash in store is always a great idea to get a few by the banhammer goalie.