75059 - UCS: Sandcrawler

TheDarkness

11 hours ago, pete411 said:

Taken a wash for every big box exclusive that I’ve purchased in the past 8 years. Never again.

Weird. You must have purchased some of the very few horrible sets that barely reached retail pricing again, and bought them at full cost. There were dozens of large sets that did extremely well, even when purchased at full retail.

Edited by iahawks550

4 hours ago, iahawks550 said:

Weird. You must have purchased some of the very few horrible sets that barely reached retail pricing again, and bought them at full cost. There were dozens of large sets that did extremely well, even when purchased at full retail.

Compared to any of my City, Ninjago, Technics, take your pick (except Star Wars) sets that I purchased for 40-75% off, exclusives have had a pitiful return. Which large exclusive sets have gone up even 2x retail in value? I can’t recall anything recently.

15 minutes ago, iahawks550 said:

I thought you were referring to all large "exclusives", not just Star Wars........or are you

Star Destroyer 10221 was 2-3x

Death Star 10188 gave nice returns if timed correctly

Imperial Shuttle 10212 retired in 2012, I think, and has done well.

off the top of my head.

I meant any large exclusive not just Star Wars. I remember Sea Cow shooting up to $600 at one point and that got everyone here in a tizzy. Too bad it’s back at close to retail now. I don’t think you can even time a good return on exclusives anymore. 

Edited by pete411

• 1 year later...
22 hours ago, dustyshelf said:

I was going through the storage room today and totally forgot about having one of these sealed up. Anyone else still holding? 

I bought one in 2015 thinking if it would become valuable in the future I'd sell it, and if not, I could still build it for myself. It's still sealed in my storage. :P