75059 - UCS: Sandcrawler

TheDarkness

9 hours ago, LegoBro said:

Did this just go poof on Amazon?  $399 price tag 3p seller

well poof is probably not the word

1 hour ago, waddamon said:

Sure did.  I almost bought more, just wasn't enticing after toys r us.  Which I missed by half a day.

How about the fact that the lowest amazon is currently 435 shipped, and you only have to go to the 11th price point (1st offer on page 2) to hit 499.99 or 2 HUNDRED dollars over retail.

This one is BLAZING out of the gates. Love it.

How are European markets reacting to this one. Is it totally dried up for you guys? How is demand?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mudcatsfan said:

How about the fact that the lowest amazon is currently 435 shipped, and you only have to go to the 11th price point (1st offer on page 2) to hit 499.99 or 2 HUNDRED dollars over retail.

How are European markets reacting to this one. Is it totally dried up for you guys? How is demand?

The only depressing thing about this is that I didn't buy any of those 5 $250 SCs from eBay just 3 days ago!

42 minutes ago, mudcatsfan said:

36 minutes ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

Let me guess....it's a turd.

Well... the colour is promising no good.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, BrickLegacy said:

Anyone else having trouble listing this ASIN on Amazon (B00JZMYOOC)?

"You need approval to list this ASIN."

The ASIN for Sandcrawler was gated a month or two ago. If you had it listed you are grandfathered in (just don't delete the listing).

No FBA allowed on the main listing tho for anyone.

5 minutes ago, asharerin said:

The ASIN for Sandcrawler was gated a month or two ago. If you had it listed you are grandfathered in (just don't delete the listing).

Well this sucks. Is this a new approach to proactively combat the bogus "I was sent a fake" A-Z claims? Do we need to start creating listings for anything we plan to sell somewhere down the line?

7 minutes ago, HappyHawkeye said:

Well this sucks. Is this a new approach to proactively combat the bogus "I was sent a fake" A-Z claims? Do we need to start creating listings for anything we plan to sell somewhere down the line?

It was genius resellers complaining about damaged boxes that got them to ban FBA for the listing a while back and I imagine eventually got the ASIN gated due to the number of complaints. Why these morons can't just stick to ebay with pics of every angle is beyond me. Hopefully Amazon blacklisted them all.

We create listings for any item, brand and category we may even think about selling in the future. Some may not feel comfortable doing this as you may get wrapped up in a request proving authenticity but we have never ran into this problem (could be the aged accounts with good metrics). 

An alt listing may pop up but obviously prices will tank on Amazon once it is open for all.

12 minutes ago, HappyHawkeye said:

19 minutes ago, asharerin said:

Wondering if this was because they wanted to burn threw their own stock with out fighting discount. Given that it was available under $200 for a bit, they may have just wanted to avoid competition and new they had a ton of extra stock to burn through.

will have to wait and see if it opens up, or how alternate listings perform.

Going to be hard to get an alt listing up as they check GS1 database for UPC codes now. It won't match Lego. If someone uses a different brand and UPC then you are leaving yourself open to an IP claim from the bots and the end of your amazon selling career.

16 minutes ago, jay4e said:

Wondering if this was because they wanted to burn threw their own stock with out fighting discount. Given that it was available under $200 for a bit, they may have just wanted to avoid competition and new they had a ton of extra stock to burn through.

It was complaints about box condition.

4 hours ago, asharerin said:

It was genius resellers complaining about damaged boxes that got them to ban FBA for the listing a while back and I imagine eventually got the ASIN gated due to the number of complaints. Why these morons can't just stick to ebay with pics of every angle is beyond me. Hopefully Amazon blacklisted them all.

We create listings for any item, brand and category we may even think about selling in the future. Some may not feel comfortable doing this as you may get wrapped up in a request proving authenticity but we have never ran into this problem (could be the aged accounts with good metrics). 

An alt listing may pop up but obviously prices will tank on Amazon once it is open for all.

Another fascinating turn in this hobby (business?) of ours.

Are you saying this is a permanent situation, or are you saying that eventually if there are few enough sellers, Amazon would un-gate the item to do more business?

Guest TabbyBoy

Figures mean nothing unless there's proof of sales at that price. If you factor in fees/packing/postage/time from what I see so far, it's not looking too good yet, is it? I'm so glad that I left the lastest UCS sets alone. BTW... Sell as soon as you see a good profit (if it does appreciate) as it'll likely drop in price like other UCS sets have. Don't get too greedy otherwise you'll be stuck with them like I was with the Red 5.

$445 cheapest on Amazon USA. Considering it was easily had at $180-$200 instant winner. Ewok Village, PS and Opera House also giving instant massive returns on Amazon USA. I am holding onto the SC for a long time. Unlike Red 5 there won't be another remake for a very long time (if ever). Droid escape showing great gains too. I guess people love their Jawas and OT. 

Given how long the 2016 exclusives took to sell out in the USA I think alot of resellers who were stuck with piles of ToO, Red 5 and Tumbler at retail didn't have the capital or space to go deep on the new retirees. 2016 is going to be another banner vintage.

2 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

Figures mean nothing unless there's proof of sales at that price. If you factor in fees/packing/postage/time from what I see so far, it's not looking too good yet, is it? I'm so glad that I left the lastest UCS sets alone. BTW... Sell as soon as you see a good profit (if it does appreciate) as it'll likely drop in price like other UCS sets have. Don't get too greedy otherwise you'll be stuck with them like I was with the Red 5.

It would seem that the US is still enjoying price bumps on retirement of exclusives. Different markets, changing times as we had these sets available for a lot longer. Let´s wait 2 months and see how figures are over here.

3 hours ago, legomark3 said:

Great to see this set jumping in price right out the gate :) Wish I would have picked up a few more

Same thing happened with Tumbler and Sea Cow in USA eBay and Amazon and neither Set has recovered to that price point. Most likely resellers buying up stock once sets went EOL.  Can you sell the Sandcrawler on Amazon USA then it should be a winner unless it gets ungated. Currently there is a $75 difference with eBay being lower. 

@TabbyBoy @asharerin and even @Val-E all make good points. 

2 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

Sorry Tabby, but Red 5 have been selling at 300 euros (quite a few) for the last two months, which is a decent profit if you bought it below RRP, well in France at least.

Edited by Pako

13 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

Same thing happened with Tumbler and Sea Cow in USA eBay and Amazon and neither Set has recovered to that price point. Most likely resellers buying up stock once sets went EOL.  Can you sell the Sandcrawler on Amazon USA then it should be a winner unless it gets ungated. Currently there is a $75 difference with eBay being lower. 

@TabbyBoy @asharerin and even @Val-E all make good points. 

Facts vs golden age talk .. what to believe...decisions decisions