75059 - UCS: Sandcrawler

TheDarkness

• 2 weeks later...
Still available to order at SaH UK with a limit of 5 per customer.
.... and you get a free Snow Globe!

Snowglobe is done here (US), but do store purchase if that's your combo. Can't imagine you'll get an undamaged Snowglobe with an SC.

I was 2 for 4 globe damage with PS and ToA size sets when shipped. In-store you just don't need to trip on way back to car. :-)

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 4:49 PM, LegoBro said:

I received a 27R6 from amazon that was resealed on one side. They are sending me a replacement.

Thanks.  Do you remember if the Sandcrawler box you received was resealed with standard tape or official-looking Lego seals (with rounded corners and a black stripe in the middle)?

1 hour ago, GhostDad said:

Thanks.  Do you remember if the Sandcrawler box you received was resealed with standard tape or official-looking Lego seals (with rounded corners and a black stripe in the middle)?

From what I recall they were official looking seals, but were clearly misaligned with some bubbles underneath.  I guess I could have sold it open box down the line in retrospect.  I got mine from Amazon, so I'm weary of getting the ban hammer so not returning anything else for the next year or two. 

Unless it's just a great deal for me, I'm just not going to order any large exclusive from Amazon anymore.  I just have not had good experience getting large exclusives delivered. Would rather pay a bit more and get a nice box at a B&M.

Edited by LegoBro
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, LegoBro said:

From what I recall they were official looking seals, but were clearly misaligned with some bubbles underneath.  I guess I could have sold it open box down the line in retrospect.  I got mine from Amazon, so I'm weary of getting the ban hammer so not returning anything else for the next year or two. 

Unless it's just a great deal for me, I'm just not going to order any large exclusive from Amazon anymore.  I just have not had good experience getting large exclusives delivered. Would rather pay a bit more and get a nice box at a B&M.

Thanks again for the info.  I've been debating whether to return my resealed Sandcrawler.  In my case also, the seals look official and the weight matches to the nearest 1/10 ounce another Sandcrawler with the same seal code that was not resealed, so I'm thinking Lego resealed the box to correct some sort of factory mistake (when retailers reseal boxes, they usually just use transparent Scotch tape).  This does not appear to be common with 75059 though, hence the questions.

52 minutes ago, lego rules said:

IR receivers on the top look terrible.

I kind of like them, as they look like buggy frog eyes or pointy little cat ears, either of which adds to the impression of the Sandcrawler being a living beast, but you could paint them brown if they bug you.

Edit: I think the Volvo loader (part of yesterday's TRU sale) includes most of what you would need for this mod.

Edited by GhostDad

• 4 weeks later...

Need some advice BPs. As a newer SW collector, I'd like to pick this up before retirement. It seems like its not coming back into stock in most places and only one retailer has it in stock.

Should I just pull the trigger on this at RRP now before I'm paying $350 on eBay or BL?

Need some advice BPs. As a newer SW collector, I'd like to pick this up before retirement. It seems like its not coming back into stock in most places and only one retailer has it in stock.

Should I just pull the trigger on this at RRP now before I'm paying $350 on eBay or BL?

Yes
  • Like 3

42 minutes ago, amrandazz said:

You can often find it on eBay, MISB for ~$280 shipped.

52 minutes ago, amrandazz said:

Sandcrawler has actually been selling below RRP on Ebay lately, ever considering checking there first? Because you can get it between $260-$285 including shipping instead of paying $300 with the tax at the retailer. 

Edited by Leopard