75059 - UCS: Sandcrawler

TheDarkness

1 hour ago, Alpinemaps said:

I married someone whose Venn diagram of interests with me doesn't have a huge overlap.

She watches the Bachelor and Dancing with the Stars and I watch Supergirl and the Flash. I listen to 80s music she's firmly in today. She just never had an interest in the good stuff. Lol

That's what happens when you marry someone ten years your junior. :derisive:    (my assumption at least, haha)

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

That's what happens when you marry someone ten years your junior. :derisive:    (my assumption at least, haha)

I have a similar Venn diagram with only a 5.5 year gap.  But she does watch GoT and is a bigger TWD fan than I am.  The only Star Wars she's watched was while my daughter and I were watching them and she only half watched while editing photos.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, thebrickdad said:

Which store, and did you buy?

15% off for a personal build seems OK.

Lego Glasgow

Didn't buy it as already got one. Also trying to save money as bought too much recently from tesco 3 for 2.

SC should do well once retired but I just don't like buying big exclusives as I have limited storage space. I also prefer to buy small - medium size sets instead of exclusives as prefer to sell after shorter period instead of long hold.

• Like 2

Alert! Alert!
The Sandcrawler has been 21% off at Amazon pretty much all week.

Pointless comment when the pic shows that the Lego store is in the UK.
Lego Glasgow
Didn't buy it as already got one. Also trying to save money as bought too much recently from tesco 3 for 2.
SC should do well once retired but I just don't like buying big exclusives as I have limited storage space. I also prefer to buy small - medium size sets instead of exclusives as prefer to sell after shorter period instead of long hold.

Thanks. Bit too far to drive from the smoke.

It's also about that the sales are accessable to anyone (amazon.uk for example). So it is not even worth to mention what you bought. We already know.

It used to be more fun to post something like: I found this set for this ridiculous price at a toyshop in my neck of the woods. 

Now it has become boring indeed.

10 hours ago, shortyz said:

i remember even 2 years ago sales were alot of fun on this forum. now its boringgggggg

This time 2 years ago alot of quality stuff was long gone and it was F5 time. Truly the peak. There was chaos, there were cryptic clues, and there was a ton of money to be made. Now it is TLG telling you what is retiring in the hopes you clear their massive oversupplies. Not quite the same thing.