75059 - UCS: Sandcrawler

TheDarkness

5 hours ago, waddamon said:

Yes, but I called fed ex and they were left up some stairs on a deck of which I do not have, unit b.  Which I am at a house in the mountains.  Walmart refused to even call FedEx and find out and told me to file a police report due to the dollar amount, idiots.  Totally unwilling to help, Amazon wins hand down in customer service.

Ha! Now you gave it away. 

After some googling I now know where you live.

house.jpg

• Like 4

I have once (two years ago) been on the unexpected receiving end of such a misdelivery. Received 750 #0 padded envelopes and a gigantic roll of bubble-wrap via ebay ... this was before my reselling days (and partially inspired me later on to start). Called Ebay and the company who shipped it. They didn't seem to have a clue how it got to me (it was very clearly addressed to me though I never ordered it). Likely a mix-up in EBay's system. Left them all my contact details and asked them what to do .... but after a year I just accepted it as mine.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, waddamon said:

Amazon only lets you order one at a time.  Going to take two months to get my stock back where I wanted it.

Don't worry, the plug will not be pulled. This product just got another year of life extension from the rampant purchases in the last two weeks. All the big retailers scrambled to put in another huge purchase order to Lego.

Edited by tacsniper
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, kunfuzd said:

Professionally bubble-wrapped from Amazon...
Somebody's handiwork?

I'd be checking those thoroughly and would advise against selling them on Amazon in the future unless you open them to inspect the contents first. There was a warehouse issue for SC at Amazon (the usual commingled scam I am guessing) which is why you cannot send them in FBA right now. Those are some other sellers sets, not Amazon's stock direct from the manufacturer. It is anyone's guess as to what is inside the box. Just be careful with what is coming out of Amazon for this set right now. Stick to LEGO Shop at Home if you can.

Edited by asharerin

30 minutes ago, asharerin said:

I'd be checking those thoroughly and would advise against selling them on Amazon in the future unless you open them to inspect the contents first. There was a warehouse issue for SC at Amazon (the usual commingled scam I am guessing) which is why you cannot send them in FBA right now. Those are some other sellers sets, not Amazon's stock direct from the manufacturer. It is anyone's guess as to what is inside the box. Just be careful with what is coming out of Amazon for this set right now. Stick to LEGO Shop at Home if you can.

That was going to be my next question... Thanks for the heads up.

Update:  Unwrapped the bubbly exterior... ALL six seals are intact.  Nothing seems out of the ordinary.

Edited by kunfuzd

7 hours ago, tacsniper said:

Don't worry, the plug will not be pulled. This product just got another year of life extension from the rampant purchases in the last two weeks. All the big retailers scrambled to put in another huge purchase order to Lego.

Edited by Laudrup16

9 hours ago, tacsniper said:

maybe not.  other slow moving sets got huge sales from resellers and were still retired months later.

Haunted House, Fire Brigade 10221 SSD, etc...

Just now, fossilrock said:

I didn't realize amazon would dip into FBA stock.  Why?  Is this a common practice, and if that happens, how does the seller of that stock get reimbursed?

U get paid our asking practice and the customer get paid the Amazon price . It is not that common but it happens . Low stock , shipping charges factor in. . 

• Like 2