10224 - Town Hall

Ed Mack

What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?

• In 2014, tagged or labeled "retired"
    • In 2015 or later, tagged or labeled "retired"

Good to see that cheapest USD BL price is now 460 and in Euros we are almost at 350. Bad news is actual sales have slowed.

Has nothing to do with TH itself. Every LEGO set sale has slowed now because we have February. People had to pay for insurances and other things at the end of January so not much money has been left for LEGO and other pleasures...

Aah eBay...

My last purchase from a private seller was 7939 bundled with 7937. Boxes were taped together, wrapped in a layer of thin bubble wrap, packed in a freaking trash bag. End of packaging. Needless to say the boxes looked like ****. Tape tore off, ripped half the box open. But from the looks of it, the boxes were already in bad shape before they got sent. One seal was loose, think it even had some dog hair sticking to it.

The sad thing is, the bricks showed. Many tiny dents and marks all over them. Thought >500 straight positive ratings would mean something...

All sellers on ebay ought to adhere to the rule: "Package every sold item the way you would like to receive it yourself!". That's what I do. Always. No exceptions. Everything else would be unaccaptable for my personal understanding of social manners. Unfortunately, many other seller folks don't seem to have that kind of a "problem".

I mean if they package their stuff so badly, not having one bad feeling about it. Makes me wonder if some day some of them will start coming out asking buyers "Do you want me to send you the item with a real crappy packaging, so you can throw it away right after receiving it totally damaged - or should I put in in a garbage can right here at my place, which would save you the postage cost?"...

• Like 2

All sellers on ebay ought to adhere to the rule: "Package every sold item the way you would like to receive it yourself!". That's what I do. Always. No exceptions. Everything else would be unaccaptable for my personal understanding of social manners. Unfortunately, many other seller folks don't seem to have that kind of a "problem".

I mean if they package their stuff so badly, not having one bad feeling about it. Makes me wonder if some day some of them will start coming out asking buyers "Do you want me to send you the item with a real crappy packaging, so you can throw it away right after receiving it totally damaged - or should I put in in a garbage can right here at my place, which would save you the postage cost?"...

In the long run, we are all better off with sellers who might have a limited level of common sense.

Who else is gonna be selling $1,000 sets for $100? 

My local Fedex doesn't accept any packages that are wrapped in heavy brown shipping paper. Their reasoning is that the paper may tear from handling, which in turn could result in the shipping label coming off it and being lost.

I collect prop replicas, so when I sell something, I usually ship it in heavy brown shipping paper to protect the original shipping box. Prop collectors love having the original shipper. 

Classic supply and demand situation. Resellers think it will go X times MSRP so are buying them from other resellers thus pushing the price up further. We will see if they manage to create a bubble or if there is really a sustained genuine demand very soon.

Also if you see the full street built , it is the most commanding building and is a real centrepiece.

• Like 3

I am coming round to the idea that LEGO not officially retiring this and other products sooner is actually a good thing as some buyers will have held off believing it would come back. Usually they would surge to get one immediately on retirement and after the first big bump the price growth curve would flatten out e.***. Fire Brigade, SSD. With these ones, the rise is steadier but more consistent.

Am I reading too much into it or do you agree?

I think its going to sit at $500 for a little while...there's too many sellers on amazon with a lot of these at $500 still.

My guess is $600-650 at Christmas 2015.

Well... that is the funny thing I noticed... when the ebay value moves up, amazon moves along thus staying above the ebay value. Strange mechanism. 

I think it will be advertised at 800 by Xmas but that very few sales will take place. The 500/600 mark will be the key in/out point as resellers who missed their number stop buying and others who did and need capital (like me) start unloading and then the market should stabilise around real demand.

What has amazed me is the price that used ones have sold for recently, already wel above RRP.

I think it will be advertised at 800 by Xmas but that very few sales will take place. The 500/600 mark will be the key in/out point as resellers who missed their number stop buying and others who did and need capital (like me) start unloading and then the market should stabilise around real demand.

What has amazed me is the price that used ones have sold for recently, already wel above RRP.

In the case of GE you are right. But in the case of TH the soup will not be eaten as hot as when it was served. I mean... I do not believe there are that many in circulation. Most resellers are already cashing in cause they need the money. 

Just my 0.02