10224 - Town Hall

Ed Mack

What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?

• In 2014, tagged or labeled "retired"
    • In 2015 or later, tagged or labeled "retired"

USD buyers definitely want to be looking at sourcing abroad as AUS and EUR  sales represent good value for money due to the strong dollar and the more contained prices in these countries.

Only 172 on BL worldwide now  and 35 sold this month- that

Edited by valenciaeric
  • Like 1

I think you'll be looking at about US$80 for shipping... keep us posted though.

he charged me 172$ usd shipping for 2 town halls... still its decent for 2 TH at 437$ each.  (from Australia New South Wales? I think to West Coast United States.)

Edited by vexxet
  • Like 1

I've been doing some looking into posting some sets over, for one its around $90(AUD) normal Air Mail (but I paid the extra for express which includes tracking and insurance - $122AUD).

For 2, I was told by the Post Office it would be around $200 but I figured out later that it included insurance (which I cover) so it worked out to be about $170ish AUD for the express option (3 - 7 days).

EDIT: I forgot to add that I weigh them at 4.5kg a piece as I suffocate them in bubble wrap.

Edited by Lucifersfury
  • Like 1

Thanks for the update, that sounds about right. Shipping is crazy expensive in Australia, it's about US$30 to send this set within just Australia!

thats about the cost to ship it inside US also... but im talking about max distance probably like Cali to New York or Miami or something.

Too bad everyone seems to have gotten rid of surface shipping.  I used to have big orders sent from AU to US by boat.  Took a few months, so I had to really trust the seller, but everything always made it intact and the rates were easy on the PayPal account.  Maybe when international cargo drone flights become commonplace, airmail will cheapen up a bit.

Too bad everyone seems to have gotten rid of surface shipping.  I used to have big orders sent from AU to US by boat.  Took a few months, so I had to really trust the seller, but everything always made it intact and the rates were easy on the PayPal account.  Maybe when international cargo drone flights become commonplace, airmail will cheapen up a bit.

I never thought of adding Sea Mail to my listings due to the fact I thought that the world had moved to a "Want it NOW" mentality, I suppose with the implementation of PayPal's 6 month "Safety Net" Sea Mail may become a more viable posting option.

Received a TH from eBay the other day. Can't believe they shipped it without a box. Ended up getting $50 off for the damage, so it wasn't too bad.attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBrickpicker Forum1423694701.250911.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByBrickpicker Forum1423694718.778780.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByBrickpicker Forum1423694745.470707.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByBrickpicker Forum1423694776.936827.jpg

HOLY CRAP please tell me that didnt come from Australia!

Received a TH from eBay the other day. Can't believe they shipped it without a box. Ended up getting $50 off for the damage, so it wasn't too bad.attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBrickpicker Forum1423694701.250911.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByBrickpicker Forum1423694718.778780.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByBrickpicker Forum1423694745.470707.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByBrickpicker Forum1423694776.936827.jpg

I buy at least a dozen items from eBay every week and I can say that about 10-20% of them arrive in brown paper and no outter box. Now as soon as purchase something I send the seller a message telling them to ship it in a box. Unfortunately some listen and some don't. Getting reimbursement for damaged items is a pain. Some sellers apologize and offer to cover return costs or offer a discount but more often than not they refuse to do anything about it. It makes buying on eBay more hassle than it is worth sometimes. There is nothing more discouraging than getting a great deal only to have to return the item because it wasn't packed/shipped good.

I buy at least a dozen items from eBay every week and I can say that about 10-20% of them arrive in brown paper and no outter box. Now as soon as purchase something I send the seller a message telling them to ship it in a box. Unfortunately some listen and some don't. Getting reimbursement for damaged items is a pain. Some sellers apologize and offer to cover return costs or offer a discount but more often than not they refuse to do anything about it. It makes buying on eBay more hassle than it is worth sometimes. There is nothing more discouraging than getting a great deal only to have to return the item because it wasn't packed/shipped good.

LOL!  i think I know who you are bro, you bought a Tie Fighter from me one time and sent me that message... i read it like... who the hell wouldnt do that,  haha!

• Like 1

Aah eBay...

My last purchase from a private seller was 7939 bundled with 7937. Boxes were taped together, wrapped in a layer of thin bubble wrap, packed in a freaking trash bag. End of packaging. Needless to say the boxes looked like ****. Tape tore off, ripped half the box open. But from the looks of it, the boxes were already in bad shape before they got sent. One seal was loose, think it even had some dog hair sticking to it.

The sad thing is, the bricks showed. Many tiny dents and marks all over them. Thought >500 straight positive ratings would mean something...