10224 - Town Hall

Ed Mack

What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?

• In 2014, tagged or labeled "retired"
    • In 2015 or later, tagged or labeled "retired"

At the same time, a huge box really denotes 'awesome' to some (many?) consumers.

Day before Thanksgiving, I was at LEGOLAND and bought an SSD. It was the end of the night and it was crowd in the shop. The amount of stares and "oh my God that is awesome!" I got couldn't be counted. Everyone was in awe of this huge box that I was carrying to the register.

Day before Thanksgiving, I was at LEGOLAND and bought an SSD. It was the end of the night and it was crowd in the shop. The amount of stares and "oh my God that is awesome!" I got couldn't be counted. Everyone was in awe of this huge box that I was carrying to the register.

I agree I love big boxes.  Says the guy admiring his Helicarrier box. :)

Day before Thanksgiving? 2014? I think people were more like: "Look! That guy is carrying the last and final Super Star Destroyer to the register."

• Like 1

At the same time, a huge box really denotes 'awesome' to some (many?) consumers. I admit I kinda like have a few massive boxes for my biggest sets, and I think the Red-5 box, for example, is a little wimpy for a set that costs $250 CAD. It doesn't look like a $250 set to me. The TH looks like a premium set, so I think perceived value to the consumer must be balanced with shipping/packaging costs.

That means: When selling sets over the internet after EOL, no one will care about small or big boxes because buyers just don't see them live in front of them. Good thing for Red 5.

Edited by rfish

Guest TabbyBoy

Thanks for the videos. I remember Fischer Technik from years ago which was also a quality product. Did you know it was the same company that made the well known window fixings and wall plugs?

• 2 weeks later...