21005 - Fallingwater

allen9917

It is on the way out. It will hang around in B&****** for a year or maybe more. You can STILL get Farnsworth and Rockefeller at B&****** 1+ years later. SOH and ESB are all over B&****** as well.

negative. It's not available within any Barnes and nobles within 4 States of me, yes States . I did go to many lego stores and Barnes and nobles this weekend. :)

In my honest opinion, this is the best investment set on the table. for many factors other then the obvious. Easy to ship easy to store etc etc.

Coupons? I'm trading ucs sets for more fw and buying above msrp. That's how high I am on it.

If Amazon didn't have limits I'd have over 100.

Edited by hxckid88
  • Like 2

negative. It's not available within any Barnes and nobles within 4 States, yes States if me. I did go too many lego stores and Barnes and nobles this weekend. :)

In my honest opinion, this is the best investment set on table thier is for many factors other then the obvious. Easy to ship easy to store etc etc.

Coupons? I'm trading ucs sets for more fw and buying above msrp. That's how high I am on it.

You mind taking a southern road trip? Still a few by me and I'm tapped out.

negative. It's not available within any Barnes and nobles within 4 States, yes States if me. I did go too many lego stores and Barnes and nobles this weekend. :)

In my honest opinion, this is the best investment set on table thier is for many factors other then the obvious. Easy to ship easy to store etc etc.

I agree. I have 24 at the moment and would gladly pick up more if I find them. There is a B&****** here with 1 left on the shelf but the box is damaged. I might even grab that one if another 20% off coupon is available soon.

I should mention though that I visited 3 B&****** stores that showed 0 in stock and all 3 had some. So it is worth checking even if the online tracker says they are OOS.

Edited by Legodog

There are 2 FW listings on B&******.com so make sure you are checking the right one.  

This one shows no stock for my area:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/p/toys-games-lego-architecture-fallingwater/25237977?ean=673419132466

But this one shows in stock for a few stores:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/p/toys-games-lego-2011-architecture-fallingwater/25238049?ean=673419160131

• Like 2

I can't believe there are B&****** with Farnsworth and Rockefellers out there.  I say we get a brickpicker uhaul and travel the country, cleaning out every B&****** coast to coast.  100, wow.

big-time-rush-big-time-rush-300x300.jpg

• Like 1

I am not waiting on coupons here since my B&****** stores just flat out refuse them.  I had success using them on LEGO until last fall.  Still a good deal if you can score some discounted gift cards and have the 10% member discount.

This. Waste of time fighting with lowly clerks with a chip on their shoulder, who can't understand that the puzzle section is not the toy section, and oh my god would  you just f-ing scan it and see that it works??!?!!??

10% member discount plus 20% off gcs are good enough for me to get these for under 80 after tax.

Cleaned out one of the local B&Ns of their FW. Come on STL Brickpickers, help me clean out the rest. There are still plenty of them in the area. And Farnsworth Houses too, get rid of those.

Farnsworth is already officially retired and by amazon price already seems to be profitable flipping immediately. Shocked you leave any behind.

I am not waiting on coupons here since my B&****** stores just flat out refuse them.  I had success using them on LEGO until last fall.  Still a good deal if you can score some discounted gift cards and have the 10% member discount.

This. Waste of time fighting with lowly clerks with a chip on their shoulder, who can't understand that the puzzle section is not the toy section, and oh my god would  you just f-ing scan it and see that it works??!?!!??

10% member discount plus 20% off gcs are good enough for me to get these for under 80 after tax.

If your store refuses the coupon, don't bother arguing. Just buy the cheapest thing you can find along with the falling water, say a pack of gum, or a book mark.

Hand them the coupon, if they say it doesn't work on lego, say fine its for the gum.

They scan it, the system WILL allow it for the highest price item in your transaction because the coupon does work for lego OTHER THAN LEGO IN THE TOYS & GAMES dept. IE: architecture (other than studio, mindstorms, DS, R2-D2).

The cashier will make a funny face IF they notice, and you walk out with your item.

Return or enjoy the gum as befits your gum preferences.

When you speak of me,,,,,speak kindly.

****also note, this is not a hack, this is not cheating, this is how to get around a B&****** employee, whose misunderstanding of corp policy prevents you from using the coupon the way its intended to work. In their defense, their boss probably said, hey no coupons on lego anymore. They didnt read/understand their own fine print. 

Edited by mudcatsfan
  • Like 3

Farnsworth is already officially retired and by amazon price already seems to be profitable flipping immediately. Shocked you leave any behind.

If your store refuses the coupon, don't bother arguing. Just buy the cheapest thing you can find along with the falling water, say a pack of gum, or a book mark.

Hand them the coupon, if they say it doesn't work on lego, say fine its for the gum.

They scan it, the system WILL allow it for the highest price item in your transaction because the coupon does work for lego OTHER THAN LEGO IN THE TOYS & GAMES dept. IE: architecture (other than studio, mindstorms, DS, R2-D2).

The cashier will make a funny face IF they notice, and you walk out with your item.

****also note, this is not a hack, this is not cheating, this is how to get around a B&****** employee, whose misunderstanding of corp policy prevents you from using the coupon the way its intended to work. In their defense, their boss probably said, hey no coupons on lego anymore. They didnt read/understand their own fine print. 

I already have a ton of Farnsworth and I don't sell on Amazon. They don't move on Ebay at any value that makes it worth my time to sell them.

ummm why did you leave them?

Because I didn't want them? $90 isn't that great? I don't invest in Chima? There is no profit to be mad flipping them at that price and I don't want to hold them? I could go on and on. They are sitting there in Wood River, IL. All yours.

BTW, in my closest BN store, POS registers still don't care what section Lego is from. 20% off coupon worked fine on Republic Gunship couple of weeks ago

BTW, in my closest BN store, POS registers still don't care what section Lego is from. 20% off coupon worked fine on Republic Gunship couple of weeks ago

You would think they could just update the system so that your use of the coupon isn't dependent on which cashier you get at checkout. I find that most still don't know or care about the restrictions. I never say anything I just put the coupon on top of the set I am purchasing and most times they scan it without even looking at what it is.

I'm trying to figure out why the B&****** I went to yesterday charges 1% higher tax than the city rate and every other store in the mall.

It could be part of a lovely CID:

http://www.stltoday.com/business/local/pennies-add-up-as-special-taxing-districts-proliferate/article_95f59066-f923-11e1-a8aa-0019bb30f31a.html

You probably noticed the Lego store in WCM has an insanely high tax rate, like 8-9%.  That mall is in a CID that was justified as necessary to rebuild the land around it.