21005 - Fallingwater

allen9917

It could be part of a lovely CID:

http://www.stltoday.com/business/local/pennies-add-up-as-special-taxing-districts-proliferate/article_95f59066-f923-11e1-a8aa-0019bb30f31a.html

You probably noticed the Lego store in WCM has an insanely high tax rate, like 8-9%.  That mall is in a CID that was justified as necessary to rebuild the land around it.

No. The lego store charges the regular tax. 8.613% B&****** is 9.613%. In fact, B&****** is the only store in the mall I have found that charges tax this high.

Well, as long as we're this off-topic...  I tried using a 30% Kids Club coupon yesterday on Ville Savoye and the system denied it.  I was going by the fact that the product page on BN.com reads "Kids' Club Eligible" but apparently that isn't accurate.  Must be the KC coupon has different exclusions than the ones that get emailed?  VS isn't shown in the explicit exclusions list.

Well, as long as we're this off-topic...  I tried using a 30% Kids Club coupon yesterday on Ville Savoye and the system denied it.  I was going by the fact that the product page on BN.com reads "Kids' Club Eligible" but apparently that isn't accurate.  Must be the KC coupon has different exclusions than the ones that get emailed?  VS isn't shown in the explicit exclusions list.

Kid's Club supposedly should work only on toys, and even there there are some restrictions. Not sure how POS are programmed, but yeah, eligibility is very different

Arguably the best display set in the theme? I'm definitely putting one of these on my desk. What's your take on the potential? Seeing the 2011 set robie house retiring makes me feel the falling water is not too far away. Lego online shop starts to show stock shortage. Stock up time?

Awesome display set. Very intricate. Finished this one yesterday along with another quality Architecture set, the UN. A must have for any Architecture fan.
  • Like 1

Awesome display set. Very intricate. Finished this one yesterday along with another quality Architecture set, the UN. A must have for any Architecture fan.

really liked how it slid together at the end.  

Agree on UN.  Probably my favorite so far.   Also like Trevi Fountain.  

• 3 weeks later...

How is Fallingwater stock in your neck of the woods?

North Carolina has a few in the far out places, but all the major areas, Raleigh/Durham/Charlotte are long sold out. I also searched South & Central Florida via the online search (i know its not always valid) and don't see any.

Already around 150 on Amazon, this one might be Robie-Housing as we speak.

• 1 month later...

Found an out-of-the-way Books-A-Million today that had 1 copy of Fallingwater - thoroughly dented up and pancaked - for list $100.  They also had a couple Farnsworth (in good condition) at $60.  I could use my 10% off, and a 10% off giftcard...  but should I buy the Fallingwater that badly damaged?   I'm new to architecture... aren't Architecture buyers a bit more OCD about the condition of the boxes?  In that state, I figure it would only fetch "used" value, don't you think?  Should I just buy the Farnsworth... or buy them both?

Found an out-of-the-way Books-A-Million today that had 1 copy of Fallingwater - thoroughly dented up and pancaked - for list $100.  They also had a couple Farnsworth (in good condition) at $60.  I could use my 10% off, and a 10% off giftcard...  but should I buy the Fallingwater that badly damaged?   I'm new to architecture... aren't Architecture buyers a bit more OCD about the condition of the boxes?  In that state, I figure it would only fetch "used" value, don't you think?  Should I just buy the Farnsworth... or buy them both?

​yes I would get it at 80.  Had one with a hole in it and crushed and got $130 easily so you won't have a problem making money on it down the road.

Pretty late to the game with this set but I was lucky... turned out that two B&N in town had one each so signed up for an B&N Membership for this. So after sales tax, minus 10% B&N discount minus gift cards at 15% off face value = $82.65

I am a bit tempted to open one, to be honest, to build it and put a LEGO Minecraft creeper on it.

• Like 1