21005 - Fallingwater

allen9917

According to recent annual reports and quarterly earnings announcements from Barnes & Noble, one of BN's top earnings drivers is revenues from higher margin products (toys & games). My local BN stores have become more reluctant to accept coupons on the sale of Lego products because they don't want to jeopardize their relationship with Lego, according to one BN manager I spoke to.

You might recall that the recent BOGO 50% sale at BN.com allowed customers to buy 60052. I was told by one BN manager that 60052 should not have been included on the sale. As a result, BN can no longer sell 60052. Please take this info with a grain of salt as I heard this from only one BN manager.

Well, it's sad that they would have to use word of mouth and employees to enforce a coupon use. Seems much more efficient to go into their POS database and disable the coupon for architecture sets.

But they probably outsourced the coupon DB entry to the same company that Kmart uses.

Fallingwater nominated for UNESCO world heritage site!

http://www.post-gazette.com/ae/art-architecture/2015/01/30/Frank-Lloyd-Wright-s-Fallingwater-Laurel-Highlands-nominated-inclusion-World-Heritage-List/stories/201501300216

I hope this doesn't push out retirement.

I'm bummed since I bought quite a few when it was sold out on SAH a few months ago, and now it's back to available.

So to recap.

• call to check at shop at home US (has anyone called?)
  • gone from shop at home for the rest of the world. no web page available
  • Amazon was sold out for awhile and had 1400 last time I could see the stock levels. currently in stock
  • OOS at B&****** web
  • Gone from BAM web
  • Has been switching tags all over the place the past few months from "sold out" to "30 days"
  • None in the Downtown Disney Lego store I went to last weekend.

Its all speculation, but I'd say there are some signs there. 

• Like 2

So to recap.

• call to check at shop at home US (has anyone called?)
  • gone from shop at home for the rest of the world. no web page available
  • Amazon was sold out for awhile and had 1400 last time I could see the stock levels. currently in stock
  • OOS at B&****** web
  • Gone from BAM web
  • Has been switching tags all over the place the past few months from "sold out" to "30 days"
  • None in the Downtown Disney Lego store I went to last weekend.
Its all speculation, but I'd say there are some signs there.

I realllly hope you're right.

In the style of Jeff Foxworthy:

If your Barnes & Nobles were full of Fallingwater sets last week but had none this week...

.. you might be surrounded by Brickpickers

If your local Craigslist is nothing but adds for retired sets and bulk LEGO for $10 per pound...

You might be surrounded by Brickpickers.

I smell a new thread coming.

• Like 1

Ones around me got some more 21005's in last week, also still sitting on stacks of Farnsworth.

I would not let Farnsworth go by. 

I sold 28 of them in the last 60 days at $75 (paid $40 on them during the BAM BOGO and coupon stack).  It is a very popular set.

but I stil buy them at the $54 when I see them and save those for down the road.  If it sells that well while being in stock on B&****** website it will jump when they are gone.

Falling Water is great as well just wouldn't skip over Farnsworth.

• Like 1

I would not let Farnsworth go by.

I sold 28 of them in the last 60 days at $75 (paid $40 on them during the BAM BOGO and coupon stack). It is a very popular set.

but I stil buy them at the $54 when I see them and save those for down the road. If it sells that well while being in stock on B&****** website it will jump when they are gone.

Falling Water is great as well just wouldn't skip over Farnsworth.

I hear ya, I'm hoping the last until my house is done and I'm out of this teeny, tiny apartment. Also B&****** around me will not take coupons on lego so full MSRP stings a bit.
  • Like 1

I hear ya, I'm hoping the last until my house is done and I'm out of this teeny, tiny apartment. Also B&****** around me will not take coupons on lego so full MSRP stings a bit.

same here they are pretty tough but at least the membership is 10% off.  Very rarely get coupons done at B&****** here either.  BAM is a different story.  They bend over backwards to make sure you got the best price.

Hear ya on the tiny apt.  I'm still in the same place from when I moved up from Orlando.  I had a house at the time in Orlando and just got a small place here to see how things went.  3 years later and have 3 warehouses now but still in the same tiny apt lol.