21005 - Fallingwater

allen9917

I have heard that some Targets do have Architecture sets, but they are usually not located in the toy section. My best bet has been Amazon price drops (got two at $75 each) or BN BOGOs/member coupons.

Some Targets do carry the Architecture line, only the smaller sets. Under $35 or so. They will be on the game wall in the toy section if a particular store carries them. I'm not sure what voodoo Target uses to pick which stores carry it, I've never been able to make sense of it.

My Target carries Arch sets most expensive one I have seen is the White House. They are near the floor in the puzzle section and usually in a mess.

OP if you are using the BN coupon I would stock up on White House at only $31.50 I have sold them for up to $69 on eBay while they are still in stock at multiple major retailers.

As far as Robie I am hoping that FAO has finally stopped selling them on eBay for $200 looks like they ran out this weekend and we may see prices rise

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Just noticed we didn't have a thread for this set.

More info =

http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set.cfm?set=21005-1

So I finally built my first Architecture set, Fallingwater. The build and outcome was alright. Too bad it doesn't have the black outer border like the latest sets (uses nearly 100% of the 16x32 dark gray base) The only change I might recommend is using a translucent bluish tile for the water instead of all clear.

Since my set was made in 2010, it was cool seeing the postcard-sized ad for Lego's Design By Me. Wish Lego still offered it despite the high cost.

Since I have the connection to the actual building, I'll prob sell it down the road if it appreciates. Too bad Fallingwater (Mill Creek. PA) 280 miles from me because it would make a wonderful outing with the kids and wife. Just csn't justify that long drive with 2 and 5 year olds.

Big fan of this one. If this is really gone, it is going to be a big gainer this year IMO. FLW is just so iconic for architecture fans. My dad is an architect so I am a bit biased on how popular it might be, but I think this can outperform Robie House long term - not just ROI but actual sale price. 

We, and by we I mean my son, while my dad and I watched and sorted pieces, built this during Thanksgiving. Very clever design although I agree with your points above on some of the colors. My son is 6 1/2, I was surprised he had the patience to complete it by himself.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Big fan of this one. If this is really gone, it is going to be a big gainer this year IMO. FLW is just so iconic for architecture fans. My dad is an architect so I am a bit biased on how popular it might be, but I think this can outperform Robie House long term - not just ROI but actual sale price. 

We, and by we I mean my son, while my dad and I watched and sorted pieces, built this during Thanksgiving. Very clever design although I agree with your points above on some of the colors. My son is 6 1/2, I was surprised he had the patience to complete it by himself.

The solid color was my issue with the set.  If the ground had been a different color from the house, I would have liked this set more, but I still think it is an excellent set.  I agree this is one of the most iconic pieces of architecture.

definitely not....Fallingwater is out since 2009 !

Hmm... The Death Star has been out since 2008, and it's still available. It really doesn't matter how long the set has been out to determine if it will go EOL or not. Some sets only lasted for six months, while others are still available after seven years.

Weird. Figured they would discount it. O just got a 51r4 from sah. Wonder how long they last at b&******

I was with you. I started watching it flip from 'sold out' to 'ships in 30 days' to 'ships Jan 15th' and thought those were signs of it possibly being done. But then when it didn't get the discount like all the other ones (GE, HH, TH, architecture SOH and ES), I thought we may still have some time left. 

Now I'm not so sure again. Guess time will tell if it comes back or not.