21005 - Fallingwater

allen9917

11 minutes ago, mudcatsfan said:

MISSED-THE-TRAIN-24919148664.jpg?token=Y

Seriously though, try the store locator on B&N.com you might get lucky. 

Bon Chance!

yes thanks for the graphic. Def needed to be told ...again....that I missed the train.... :wink:

I found a Robie house in a B&N months after it retired. I was shocked when I saw it, but it can happen. Oh the optimism. I guess I'll just wait for Amazon to get a random shipment in. :victory:

1 hour ago, pstebbing said:

yes thanks for the graphic. Def needed to be told ...again....that I missed the train.... :wink:

I found a Robie house in a B&N months after it retired. I was shocked when I saw it, but it can happen. Oh the optimism. I guess I'll just wait for Amazon to get a random shipment in. :victory:

Just messin with ya 

Seriously though try the B&N store lookup, I have found it QUITE reliable and what's best, they hold it, and you buy it in person so you still get your 10% discount (which you don't get online)

Just messin with ya 

Seriously though try the B&N store lookup, I have found it QUITE reliable and what's best, they hold it, and you buy it in person so you still get your 10% discount (which you don't get online)

You'll have to school me via pm. I don't see an option for that.

• 3 weeks later...

Guys, not sure if this would be the right theme to ask, but.. Ordered FW online for 84€ (90usd) from a local toy shop. It was the last they had.
However, after receiving it today I noticed there's a large punch hole on the box cover.

Really not sure what to do - to keep it, return it?? What could be the impact on the price eventually?

20160105_115310.jpg

20160105_115210.jpg

Guys, not sure if this would be the right theme to ask, but.. Ordered FW online for 84€ (90usd) from a local toy shop. It was the last they had.

However, after receiving it today I noticed there's a large punch hole on the box cover.

Really not sure what to do - to keep it, return it?? What could be the impact on the price eventually?

20160105_115310.thumb.jpg.b7ed11d1e5816729563cf0d4f1f31833.jpg

20160105_115210.thumb.jpg.b20e86da8c5b450cd5690e7c7e091bf6.jpg

Some will say "return" & some will say "keep." I would keep it. Absolutely. I've sold a lot of damaged boxes. Yes, it will fetch less but not enough for me to care. I'd rather sell a damaged than not get the opportunity to sell it at all. This is part of the problem with purchasing after the fact & online. It's always better to purchase what you'd like when it's readily available...

• Like 1

Keep it and be clear to display an actual photo when you sell it.  Some people will not mind provided the price is lower than MISB sets.

Absolutely! Anyone trying to offer something damaged as something else, rather than detailing issues, is asking for trouble...

• Like 2

There will always be buyers looking to purchase who do not care about box quality. Just be clear when listing the set and you'll still get a good price. Being that the Architecture boxes are matt black they are prone to scuffs and marks so you won't be the only person offering items in less than perfect condition.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, bricklues said:

Impact is about $10 - but with rising prices, that becomes somewhat irrelevant.

On the plus side, your lower price will have a quicker sale. I actually enjoy a variety of conditions, as it creates multiple selling options.

• Like 1

That's a common type of damage for Lego boxes. I believe it is the result of grabbing the box and squeezing too hard when picking it up and pushing your thumb through.

• 4 months later...
7 minutes ago, Brian92007 said:

I bought this set 21005 falling water. At my local swap meet, I pay 30.00. The guy told me is complete. It looks complete to me what you guys think.  Was it a good buy. The box and instruction booklet looks in a good condition.  

image.jpeg

There's no way to tell that it's complete just by that photo.  For a set, that is going for well over 200.00, you are currently 170.00 ahead of the game. So, take 20 minutes, sort the pieces, and match them up with the parts list on the back of the instruction panel to make sure it's complete, if you are not in it for the build.  That's the only way to know for sure.

• Like 2