9516 - Jabba's Palace

Brick625

At 30% off though I think it would be kinda silly not to get at least one now.

Agreed, but if he is saving money to get only 1 set for investment purposes, then I think there are better choices that will allow him to turn that original amount into more money sooner. Now, if he wants it for actually building it, then its a different story of course!

Agreed, but if he is saving money to get only 1 set for investment purposes, then I think there are better choices that will allow him to turn that original amount into more money sooner. Now, if he wants it for actually building it, then its a different story of course!

True DAT! I sometimes forget that some people have more disposable income that others.

True DAT! I sometimes forget that some people have more disposable income that others.

That's been my situation for a while. I would love to be able to buy a bunch of sets and the great prices I see some days and hold them until I can make a nice amount of profit. Unfortunately, its just not possible right now so I have been focusing on relatively short time flips as a way to grow capital, while at the same time trying to get very targeted "long term investment" purchases that I hope will go EOL relatively soon.

Wow, what's this world coming to. Soon we'll not be able to open our mouths without being called racist or insensitive.

Probably. This makes me think of the thing that happened with the video that the president (of the USA) said caused the terrorist attack in benghazi... 'm only 15 but have a strange interest in politics. :-/

From an investment standpoint I guess this is good news but I hate seeing a company get bullied like this. Even though I own some of these set and would like for them to retire sooner than later, I don't really want it under these terms. I kind of hope Lego waits until December 31st 2014 to retire the set. That would be awesome on so many levels..... Except the investing one lol

Probably. This makes me think of the thing that happened with the video that the president (of the USA) said caused the terrorist attack in benghazi... 'm only 15 but have a strange interest in politics. :-/

I wish more young people were as interested in it as you quite honestly.

Also as someone said before, this would be good news from an investment standpoint IF and LEGO's original plans were not to retire it next year anyway. If that was the plan all along the I guess the only really good thing is that they finally told us when they are retiring a set after all this years! (at least the year lol)

Pretty ridiculous if you ask me!!

It is ridiculous. It was ridiculous to start with and it's still ridiculous now. My biggest worry with this scenario is when a company like Lego caves in to so much as one demand from someone or some group of people, it won't take long before another demand is made, and then another, and then another, and then another and another and so on and so forth. Until it gets to the point where god forbid you do anything that doesn't piss off somebody for no real reason at all and that somebody gets a buir up their ass and decide to bully the company just for the hell of it.

A number of TV shows have been cancelled or taken off the air because of stunts like this. They let just one complaint get an episode removed because it offended someone and the next thing you know all of a sudden everybody has some kind of complaint and eventually the whole thing gets taken off the air from all that bullying. Remember the whole thing with South Park and Muhammad? My point exactly.

How'd my Grandpa say it....

"Give 'em an inch, and they'll take the whole damn yardstick."

It is ridiculous. It was ridiculous to start with and it's still ridiculous now. My biggest worry with this scenario is when a company like Lego caves in to so much as one demand from someone or some group of people, it won't take long before another demand is made, and then another, and then another, and then another and another and so on and so forth. Until it gets to the point where god forbid you do anything that doesn't piss off somebody for no real reason at all and that somebody gets a buir up their ass and decide to bully the company just for the hell of it.

A number of TV shows have been cancelled or taken off the air because of stunts like this. They let just one complaint get an episode removed because it offended someone and the next thing you know all of a sudden everybody has some kind of complaint and eventually the whole thing gets taken off the air from all that bullying. Remember the whole thing with South Park and Muhammad? My point exactly.

How'd my Grandpa say it....

"Give 'em an inch, and they'll take the whole damn yardstick."

Yeah its totally crazy!! I wonder if ebay and Amazon, and other big retailers for that matter, will be stopped from selling Jabbas Places? If that happens then hopefully we can still sell them on Brick Classifieds prior to someone telling Brickpicker they're not allowed to be sold here either lol

LEGO is just mocking them by saying they are going to stop making the set in 2014, that is when they would stop

making the set anyway. It they were really giving in to them they would have ceased production immediately. That would have been hilarious watching everyone here try to scoop one up if they stopped producing it.

That's true, Lego probably had planned to end production next year anyways......

LEGO is just mocking them by saying they are going to stop making the set in 2014, that is when they would stop

making the set anyway. It they were really giving in to them they would have ceased production immediately. That would have been hilarious watching everyone here try to scoop one up if they stopped producing it.

It was hilarious picking that up. So we all know we have all of this year to get copies of the set.

Listening to the depiction of the scenes, what a joke.

As a displaced Alderaanian refugee, I find the 10188 Death Star to be in extremely poor taste. I've sent a letter to Lego asking them to pull this set from the shelves by the end of the year.

They have not written back.

I think this quote is the only thing on this site that has ever made me laugh.

• Like 1