9516 - Jabba's Palace

Brick625

I like this set as an investment, but remember investors, to make top dollar from this set, you need to pair it with 75005, Rancor's Pit, to maximize value. For every Jabba's Palace you buy, you need to buy a Rancor's pit.

I think this will be the same between the 9496 Desert Skiff and the 75020 Jabba's Sail Barge. You're going to need both if you're going to recreate that scene. This will also increase the value of these sets.

I do think that bundling it will get more bang for the buck out of it. I don't know how well it will perform. People will start forgetting about some of the older stuff (not the iconic things) when the new movies come out. Unless they do a good enough job revisiting some of the older places. I'd love for it to do well but I'd wait until it gets majorly discounted at walmart or amazon before purchasing a lot of them. Maybe the 75 dollar range each?

I do think that bundling it will get more bang for the buck out of it. I don't know how well it will perform. People will start forgetting about some of the older stuff (not the iconic things) when the new movies come out. Unless they do a good enough job revisiting some of the older places. I'd love for it to do well but I'd wait until it gets majorly discounted at walmart or amazon before purchasing a lot of them. Maybe the 75 dollar range each?

I am looking at this long term...not a year or two. Bundling these sets for STAR WARS fans of the future(3+ years) will be very attractive to potential buyers. It will be hard enough to find these sets in 5 years. There will be no more Jabba's Palaces made with the new movies being released. This is the second version and I can't see another remake with all the new characters and vehicles of the new movie in 2015. Jabba is dead and won't be back either...

Endor and home one were poor preformers all had the same peice count and close to price. Do you feel jabbas palace will do the same .17 a brick is costly for a Lego

You bring up a great point here Starpod, and this is why I haven't pulled the trigger on this set yet. While I'm reasonably certain that this isn't another stinker like Home One, there are only 717 pieces in this set and its sticker price is

$119.99. That's pretty steep. I'd feel so much better paying .10 a brick for it, but that would knock the price all the way down to the low 70s and I'm just not sure it will ever get down that low. For comparison, if you find the Vampyre Castle below 90 you're getting it below .10 a brick and running away with it, and that's not been difficult to do.

Ed makes a great point about pairing this up with the Rancor pit. If you're serious about investing these two are screaming to be sold side by side. I'm usually against listing items bundled together, but at least you should list them at the same time and reference them in each other's listings to try and generate additional sales. There might be plenty of collectors who would pass on these sets, but it would be a rare collector who would only be interested in having one and not the other.

I am looking at this long term...not a year or two. Bundling these sets for STAR WARS fans of the future(3+ years) will be very attractive to potential buyers. It will be hard enough to find these sets in 5 years. There will be no more Jabba's Palaces made with the new movies being released. This is the second version and I can't see another remake with all the new characters and vehicles of the new movie in 2015. Jabba is dead and won't be back either...

Jabba could pop up in a Bounty Hunter or Han Solo movie...

Jabba could pop up in a Bounty Hunter or Han Solo movie...

Yes, but would he have as major a role in any of the new movies? I doubt it. He could be a minor background character that is known of, but not much more. Bounty Hunter one maybe a role, but I don't think extremely major.

I really enjoy Jabbas Palace and agree with comments as far as having a one to one ratio on Jabba's Palace and Rancor sets. I never had the original Jabba's palace so when the opportunity to get it came around again it was a must have for my personal collection. The Boussh minifigure has to be one of my all-time Star Wars favorites. The detailing with the helmet is incredible. I combined it with the Rancor set the other night and it looks brilliant. I also own and enjoy Home One, but I think play value and minifigure value Jabba's Palace is top notch.

Just in case someone is local or interested in this deal. If you want to shell out the dough for shipping, it still comes out to around $10 below Amazon.com. Jabba's Palace - $64.89 http://saturdayliquidation.3dcartstores.com/LEGO-Star-Wars-9516-Jabbas-Palace_p_22373.html