9516 - Jabba's Palace

Brick625

I tried to cancel my existing order and get the new price. It had already shipped so I wasnt able to. I called them up and let them know, they sent me a refund for the difference. Good policy they have ... I told the lady it will cost them more in shipping if I refuse the package and send it back (like they recommend when they cannot cancel) and then order the new one.

Pretty good deal. This set should be a HUGE winner, especially if Jabba and/or the Palace pops up in the Boba Fett movie. Add on the Rancor Pit and I don't think you can lose. I think this set is more popular than people think... it's at #13 in Building Sets on Amazon. This set suffers the same as any Lego set that costs more than $50... Most parents don't want to drop that kind of cash on something for their kid. Works out for us, making sets like these rarer.

Damn you Amazon, I knew $99 a couple weeks ago was going to be too high. Oh well. With the $50 off by joining the rewards program, the sets were dirt cheap anyway. I really think this set is going to be a good one down the road, and it looks like eventually we will be able to pick it up in the $80 range at some point.

I'm hoping for a good sale price of about $75. I think we've still got some time before it's going EOL. I lucked out and found a resealed one (that ended up being complete) on clearance for $60 a couple months back. That one is going to be my builder once I get moved and have some more room. I love this set. The minifigs are awesome, and I love that they are building out Tatooine with the Rancor Pit, Desert Skiff, and Sail Barge. This will make for an awesome display once I get around to buying and building everything. Now give me a damn cantina!

The smart thing to do with good prices on Amazon is to purchase at Target with a price match. Then you have 90 days for the price to change. Take it back and order online at the lower price, or take it back and repurchase at the lower price match. Plus you get to inspect the box and choose the best one.

My local target only honors print ads (think sunday circular), and refused to honor amazon price. Did they recently change policy, or policy differs region to region?

Does anyone else find buying from bricklink.com a pain? If I don't know the exact shipping cost before paying, I'm not going to buy. And I really don't want to email a seller and ask about the shipping cost every single time I'm interested in an item.

Yes, Bricklink has its issues with speed and convenience, but you can get a good deal at times. I am so used to instant gratification that Bricklink can be annoying when waiting for a seller to email back an invoice., but to get such cheap commissions, something has to be sacrificed.

Does anyone else find buying from bricklink.com a pain? If I don't know the exact shipping cost before paying, I'm not going to buy. And I really don't want to email a seller and ask about the shipping cost every single time I'm interested in an item.

Bricklink is a complete pain in my opinion, i hate it, let me repeat, I HATE IT. As Ed stated, things are probably the way they are so that they can afford to get by without charging the higher commissions that Amazon and Ebay charge. However, I still can't stand using Bricklink. While the concept of Bricklink is a great idea the site still remains beyond outdated. It looks like a site from the mid 90s when most of use were using dial-up-internet. You don't know your shipping costs, and you sometimes have to wait quite awhile to hear back from sellers. You don't get the actual photos of what you're buying............I could rant forever. It is only a matter of time before someone comes along with a site that has the same great concept of Bricklink, but that is more modern, easier to use, requires actual photos of the Lego set or pieces you are purchasing, etc.

Bricklink is a complete pain in my opinion, i hate it, let me repeat, I HATE IT. As Ed stated, things are probably the way they are so that they can afford to get by without charging the higher commissions that Amazon and Ebay charge. However, I still can't stand using Bricklink. While the concept of Bricklink is a great idea the site still remains beyond outdated. It looks like a site from the mid 90s when most of use were using dial-up-internet. You don't know your shipping costs, and you sometimes have to wait quite awhile to hear back from sellers. You don't get the actual photos of what you're buying............I could rant forever. It is only a matter of time before someone comes along with a site that has the same great concept of Bricklink, but that is more modern, easier to use, requires actual photos of the Lego set or pieces you are purchasing, etc.

Amen. Even the forum is a pain.

Yes, Bricklink has its issues with speed and convenience, but you can get a good deal at times. I am so used to instant gratification that Bricklink can be annoying when waiting for a seller to email back an invoice., but to get such cheap commissions, something has to be sacrificed.

Their prices are generally quite a bit lower -- exactly. I have a store there and love their tiny fees. It almost seems free selling there compared to Ebay and Amazon.

Oh, and thanks for the tip about Jabba's Palace. 23% off isn't bad so i'll order at least one.