9516 - Jabba's Palace

Brick625

Do you think it will hold til tomorrow? I want to have Target price match and get an additional 5% off.

Probably, but you never really know with Amazon pricing. It is very unpredictable and all over the place in my opinion. Jabba's Palace has been heavily discounted over the past month or so, and I would imagine it will be at this or around this price tomorrow as well.

Do you think it will hold til tomorrow? I want to have Target price match and get an additional 5% off.

It's essentially a $3.75 cent gamble. Target has it for $87.99 this week, so even if it isn't, it only cost you $3.75 for not jumping on it. Honestly, Amazon has been so terrible about packing my items safely here lately, I would almost rather spend more money just so I can pick out a good box in store and know it won't get here damaged.

Jabba's Palace is an interesting set in my opinion. After the problems with the muslims saying it resembles their monuments (Ayasofya isn't muslim btw since it was built by Byzantine Empire in 360 AD) I thought the Lego company was going to retire it which would make it's value skyrocket since it wasn't that long on the market. This was a possible scenario that didn't happen...

So tempted to pick up a few of these. Not a huge star wars fan and not overly familiar with the lego sets in this category, but this seems like it will be a winner later on and this seems like a great price.... ugh.. decisions decisions...

I get it that you aren't a SW fan.........but if you are a fan of making $$$$$$$ then you should pick a few up!

I get it that you aren't a SW fan.........but if you are a fan of making $$$$$$$ then you should pick a few up!

Lol thanks Stephen. I quickly came to my senses last night and grabbed the limit of 2. I figure this set is iconic enough that it will be a winner.

It's essentially a $3.75 cent gamble. Target has it for $87.99 this week, so even if it isn't, it only cost you $3.75 for not jumping on it. Honestly, Amazon has been so terrible about packing my items safely here lately, I would almost rather spend more money just so I can pick out a good box in store and know it won't get here damaged.

True. Although I will defenitely get a couple of these, every penny counts. Target Red Card for the win.

Wal-Mart has a price reduction on it to $95 here in central NY. They often drop prices as they shift inventory. Doesn't mean the kit is going into retirement, but slower movers don't get restocked onto the retailers' shelves as the newer sets become available.

I think you have plenty of time, prob at least until 2014. It's been heavily discounted on Amazon several times in the $80-$90 range, so I wouldn't pay more than that.

Ok good! I saw it on Amazon for $85 and thats what I was thinking about paying, wouldn't go higher than that.

I think it will be a pretty hot seller around the holidays. If we're lucky it could be scarce to find on shelves and out of stock online, and people who bought it for $85 could make a couple of quick flips at Christmas. I'm pretty confident it will come back into stock after the holidays, and you can replenish for the actual EOL. If I could, I would sell the few I have for profit in Nov./Dec. and be ready to reload next Feb./Mar.