Australian General LEGO Update

BrickPick3r

Charlestown & Kotara (Newcastle) had a nice stash of R2-D2 (left them, Star Wars works against me :/).

On a side note, has anyone noticed a slow down on processing times on the LEGO website. I've had a few orders that were "Shipped" on the 04 November and I haven't seen much from the tracking side (Initiated & Picked-up). Only had these problems since the introduction of the new inventory system.

On a side note, has anyone noticed a slow down on processing times on the LEGO website. I've had a few orders that were "Shipped" on the 04 November and I haven't seen much from the tracking side (Initiated & Picked-up). Only had these problems since the introduction of the new inventory system.

I've always found Lego postage slow, usually 2+ weeks, stuff from Amazon in the US and UK even arrives a lot quicker.

I noticed Australia Post just opened up a freight forwarder in the US:

http://shopmate.auspost.com.au/?ilink=mm-shopmate.auspost.com.au-1

Rates looks quite reasonable.

That might be the case, but don't think we have any chances of buying from US lego LEGO Shop at Home. Their numerous barriers stop them from shipping to forwarder.

Maybe buying from the Walmart or Target stands a better chance?

I noticed Australia Post just opened up a freight forwarder in the US:

http://shopmate.auspost.com.au/?ilink=mm-shopmate.auspost.com.au-1

Rates looks quite reasonable.

24.95 + 5.95per 500g sounds good but weight is measured by cubic weight not the true weight of the item.

I don't think this form of measuring weight is ideal for lego boxes within brown packing boxes with bubble wrap and/or air pockets.

It's going to work out very very expensive.

Cubic weight is only calculated once the item surpasses 1kg (which would be all the sets that would be purchased). To put it in perspective, a Haunted House box is 6kg Cubic.

So by my calculations that makes it bloody expensive then! 

On another note, it looks like the Amazon US saga continues, nothing in my cart is shipping to Australia once again. This is a bummer ahead of the Black Friday / Cyber Monday deals. :fool:  

Edited by jkaesler

Just had a great experience at my local Myer. Went in store to see if they had Town Halls so I could take advantage of the instore buy 1 get the 2nd 50% off offer. Sadly they didn't have any. A member of staff piped up and said all stores can order the stock in and have it delivered to your house. The stores have ipads where they can log in to your myer one account, they select the items, the ipad brings up a bar code, they scan it and boom 50% off my second town hall. Happy days.

• Like 1