Australian General LEGO Update

BrickPick3r

Went to my local TRU and they had all the new Minecraft in a nice big display. My last batch from Lego arrived yesterday and I listed them straight away but so far none have sold, and I'm the cheapest on Ebay, so looks like the ship has well and truly sailed on these.

In other news they had about 20 of the Bricktober sets on the shelves at $14.99. I picked up 3, but unfortunately they didn't have any Fire Station left, so I couldn't complete the set. I'm tempted to clean them out of the remaining ones, but looking at Ebay the interest in these seems to have died down.

I was looking around and I realised that the prices of the Lego Star Wars micro fighters and battle packs are the same as in the USA. This is a first for me finding out  we have the same price of a set as them.

I don't think they are, well not the current series anyway. RRP of US$10 for the microfighters compared to AU$16... not sure on the battle packs though.

I've seen the Micro fighters on clearance at Kmart for $10 each, but I'm starting to move away from the smaller sets as they are mass produced and easier to come by compared to the bigger sets. I've moved my focus to the sets starting from $35 RRP as they seem to be the ones that are easily flippable.

Yeah, I'm getting prices from Kmart. They have had them for $10 for almost half the year and I think they're going to stay like that.

Yeah, I'm getting prices from Kmart. They have had them for $10 for almost half the year and I think they're going to stay like that.

The problem with these sets for resale is postage. After Ebay fees and postage costs taken into consideration, you need to be selling for $25+ to make these even remotely worthwhile... money is better spent elsewhere.

I really like these sets, and I have a few in my study at home, but for resale I'm giving these a miss.

• Like 1

Myer will be having a BOGO60% off the second "Toy" on Boxing day. Offer is only available in store.

Might fight the crowds to pick up a PC and/or PR.

My local Myer was stocked up with Simpsons Houses on Friday last week so hopefully they have some of these left, all other exclusive were well gone. I'm not too much of a fan of these but to get 2 at the equivalent of 30% off is too good to pass up!

Edited by jkaesler

I already have 2 Simpsons houses already, 1x build (I'm a mad Simpsons fan) and 1x investment. I can't see this taking off post EOL due to the limited fan base and the price point. 

My local was out also, hoping that they have restocked prior to the sale to clear out their remaining inventory, I ordered 2x PC this week (20% off) and both were loose sealed (taped over them) and one had retail damage rip on to of the box, still undecided to return or to build.

Not overly sure on the Mixer, I bought one for a quick flip when they first launched and was lucky to break even. I've had one on eBay for a couple of months ranging from $200 - $250 (later with free shipping) but haven't had a bite. I think that this set falls down is with the exposure (only at DJ) and where it fits in? Modulars, WVM?

Depends if you want to drop $150 on that, or put it against something like a PC, etc.

• Like 1

Not overly sure on the Mixer, I bought one for a quick flip when they first launched and was lucky to break even. I've had one on eBay for a couple of months ranging from $200 - $250 (later with free shipping) but haven't had a bite. I think that this set falls down is with the exposure (only at DJ) and where it fits in? Modulars, WVM?

Depends if you want to drop $150 on that, or put it against something like a PC, etc.

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Fairground mixer only $149 at DJ. Do you guys think it's a good deal?

For personal collection, you're not going to get a better price than that, so go for it.

For investment, the set has only been out 6 months, so it's likely going to be around another 18 months (which is the trend with most exclusives) - your money would be better spent elsewhere.

• Like 1

On a side note, has anyone else found the "Creator Family House" to be rare as hen's teeth? I had a couple earlier on and thought that they would be a dud and got rid of them at cost. My wife has recently told me that she would like to build one and for the life of me I couldn't find one since Mid-Oct. Have these become a less-exclusive exclusive ~ TRU, Toy World, DJ.

For personal collection, you're not going to get a better price than that, so go for it.

For investment, the set has only been out 6 months, so it's likely going to be around another 18 months (which is the trend with most exclusives) - your money would be better spent elsewhere.

Thank you.