Australian General LEGO Update

BrickPick3r

Every time I placed a product code into the lego site search bar the page would out, or take me back to the home page to show me they had a sale. Did not have a chance to buy anything. Really disappointed. In addition some of the new stuff I discovered yesterday was already gone. With our dollar today at it's lowest it has been in a long time (80 cent to a US dollar)  we will also barely save anything from purchasing from overseas. I hope there are much better sales in store here during the year to make up for all of this. 

Nope, it is something I hadn't thought of previously. It was mentioned on the Mars Rover site by an Australian, and I was in the midst of sorting out a phone order due to a screw up of theirs. By the time the lady confirmed what I wanted the next day, all were wiped out from international buyers. Their 100 or so inventory, all gone. 

Nope, it is something I hadn't thought of previously. It was mentioned on the Mars Rover site by an Australian, and I was in the midst of sorting out a phone order due to a screw up of theirs. By the time the lady confirmed what I wanted the next day, all were wiped out from international buyers. Their 100 or so inventory, all gone. 

Ooops that would have been me. To be fair these had always been available for $10 above MSRP at Mr Toys, i wasn't exactly tipping anyone off on a deal, just that there were some available. I was also able to find these at 2 other Australian online stores at MSRP after the Mr Toys stock was cleared out, so they were still available to Australians to find and buy.

I think it would be very rare for anyone international to buy from an Australian retail outlet, as the retail prices here are some of the most expensive in the world even with the current dip in exchange rate. The exception to this is if a set is still available here which has been retired or sold out in other places in the world. Case in point is the Mars Rovers, it could also potentially happen with the Sopwith Camel with the prices climbing in the US, however this is definitely the exception than the rule.

The exchange rate does make many of the international retailers less appealing to buy from, in future we'll most likely have to rely more heavily on domestic deals offered to get the margins we desire.

You would be surprised in the chaos internationals buyers have done to our other domestic markets. Traditional furniture auction rooms have been invaded and driving the real hard working antiques hunters out of business especially since most are live online. I have seen it and experienced first hand. many times. They don't care even if they are paying stupid amounts for an antique reproduction that is only worth a couple of hundred bucks.  In real estate  welllll we all know too well what is happening there. Anyway food for thought. 

Ooops that would have been me. To be fair these had always been available for $10 above MSRP at Mr Toys, i wasn't exactly tipping anyone off on a deal, just that there were some available. I was also able to find these at 2 other Australian online stores at MSRP after the Mr Toys stock was cleared out, so they were still available to Australians to find and buy.

Yeah you just did it a day too early though. I bought them at the higher rate then they dropped it. I asked to refund the balance and they said they would just give me free shipping if I bought more @$50.The lady and I were trading emails and she would process the order in the morning. Then overnight bang they get all these international orders. I get a phone call in the morning saying sorry too bad and they can't do anything, plus I agreed to the original price anyway when I purchased so pretty much stiff luck.

I think I have a smashed up winter village on my floor along with 20+ other sets that were given to me to try and rebuild and see if parts are missing. In this is also the (horror) tower bridge and VW van. Managed to find all the bits to the tower bridge except one piece. The VW may be a complete loss. Anyway, what does everyone think about the flash being released in two sets in Australia (riddler chase and Gorilla Godd goes Bananas).  I am wondering if I should try and buy a few. I gave the riddler chase away as a gift and cannot find any at the moment. Is this perhaps a good thing?