Australian General LEGO Update

BrickPick3r

Ouch, so much order carnage! So 2x Black Gate cancelled, 2x Santas Workshop cancelled. I still have a January 3 order of 2x Santas Workshop showing "waiting for new stock", however I'm sure it's only a matter of time until this order is cancelled as well.

I received a January 1 order for 1x Santas Worksho today, so at least I got 1. I think i might flip it, these look to be going for around $190 shipped at the moment.

I'll make a call to Lego and probably insist that they honour the sale price of the SW should it come back in time for next Christmas season, It's expected to do another round this Christmas I'm assuming should Lego follow the trend for Christmas sets?

All mine were cancelled around the same time, if you do call Lego, let us know how you go. It's pretty ordinary the way they handled things.

I would recommend a salter they are accurate and last a while. The model below takes up to 10 kilos. If you purchase a digital scale just make sure that the weigh table is large enough for you to place a big bowl on, otherwise you will find it difficult to read the scales and will have to keep moving the bowl. This is usually the case with scales that have a small weigh function. The model below is very useful in a kitchen setting as it also measures liquid. I have this one as I make large batches of pizza and pasta. I place in the flour, then change to ML function and then throw in the water without taking the bowl off the scales. Not sure if you need if for cooking, but it will weight a lot of lego and it can switch between metric and imperial. Good Luck. 

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Salter-Aquatronic-Stainless-Steel-Electronic-10kg-Scale-3013-SSSVDR-/261650333461

I know that fallingwater may be retired but is this the going price or have I had to much wine. Check the link.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/BRAND-NEW-LEGO-ARCHITECTURE-Fallingwater-21005-PRE-ORDER-/161439502622?pt=AU_LEGO&hash=item25968b511e

i have seen this seller before..i think he prices the sets that he doesnt have (or doesnt want to sell) at crazy prices. maybe to keep listing fees down?

he does have 100% feedback though.

i always wondered whether he might be a BP?

It's an appreciation tactic, one that I personally use although not to the crazy high levels of this. 

When listing items, especially HTF or recently retired items I generally list at a price that I would be happy to achieve regardless of the time it takes to appreciate. In fact I sold a HH today for $445 using this tactic :D.

Sad to see it leave, as it was my last one ;(

• Like 1

I noticed that sale when looking at the sold listings for the HH, congratulations! That's a nice profit right there. There only appears to be 4 sellers left in Australia now.

I'm holding out selling mine until the price hits $500 (inc. shipping), which shouldn't be too far away hopefully.

• Like 1

Mine was $463ish with shipping. I threw in $400 insurance and sign on delivery (unknown to the buyer) to cover myself in the case of it going "missing".

I pulled my personal set I pulled down shortly after Halloween last year, but after selling the last today I think that I might start on it again :)