Australian General LEGO Update

BrickPick3r

i just got a different email from lego that i had never seen before. i assumed this was due to an order of RI that i placed 30minutes or so before i got the email, but its possible it instead has to do with some backordered Santa's Workshop orders. suppose i have to wait till the specific orders are updated or additional emails sent out...

"A data error allowed some sets to show up on the LEGO

im sorry to say but it must be the SW set..as thats the only set that still hasn't shipped besides the RI's that i ordered today (and i guess you hadnt ordered RI's before those emails arrived?) and it make sense as they have since removed the product page from the site.

really bummed also as it was a great deal - 30% off a set that probably wont appear back in europe/australia until october/november!!

im sorry to say but it must be the SW set..as thats the only set that still hasn't shipped besides the RI's that i ordered today (and i guess you hadnt ordered RI's before those emails arrived?) and it make sense as they have since removed the product page from the site.

really bummed also as it was a great deal - 30% off a set that probably wont appear back in europe/australia until october/november!!

It was just a really great money spinner, plus I sold the set that I was going to build with the kids prior to the sale. Oh well, if need be, I'll order more later in the year.

I got the email as well about the cancelled order. I've got 4x SW backordered and 2x Black Gate, ordered on January 2 and 3. 1 of the Santa's Workshop that I ordered on January 1 has shipped, that was ordered back when it was limit of 1. I think they changed it to limit of 5 on January 2.

Wow add this to the already large list of January 1 screw ups by Lego! 

I guess on the flip side at least we still get our free flower carts.  :cheese:

I ordered 2 Santa Workshop and just got an email today that both got cancelled. Kinda disappointed as the price was really good. Am in the States now. Went to Lego store yesterday. All the 3 free gifts with purchase has been sold out too. Frozen set has been elusive. Been to 3 Targets and 2 Lego stores and can't find any. Very disappointing trip for me.

For those saying they didn't get cancellations, be sure to check your spam folder. I'm on gmail and the cancellation was sitting in spam.

Ouch. Yep checked my Spam and it was sitting in there. I only ordered the Santa Workshop so that's disappointing. At least I got the flower cart for nothing

Just to stray from the shitty processes of Lego I promised to speak to some lego licenced dealers at the brickvention in Melbourne. It turns out that no-one will know who get's what exclusive until March after the Toy Trade Fair in Melbourne. Now, I have a friend in the toy industry who goes to this every year which I think really is in Feb, I will kindly ask if she can speak to the lego rep's, however unless you have an account they will not do business as we found out a few years back. At that time lego said we had to spend around $100,000 dollars to be able to buy lego at wholesale, but at this price we could not have pick of the exclusives/hard to find.  Anyway, I will tell you that in the Arctic range the 60062 Ice Breaker is exclusive to Big W only as I found out from a competitor. Now, at the fair there was a sea of VW combi's, so many at below rrp, it made me consider that the market is truly flooded by these red beasts, and I checked ebay and there was over 40 listings at prices that were not worth the effort to pack and send. I will keep now only one, and I have one used/complete. I do hope that Lego quit this line. There was little architecture which was good to see from an investors point of view and what was there such as the Farnsworth, $200 was the going price. Little creator family houses, plenty of minecraft and friends which I'm sure sold well to all the kids that were there. Also to stray from weekends events, I am under the impression in the architecture range that also the white house and the space needle are on their way out as they are around the same period as Falling Water and both have expected late shipping dates, which I suspect until sold out, just as what happened to Fallingwater. All other archtecture sets on the Lego site are still available. 

I can tell you from experience that anytime there are sales on items, ebay gets flooded more. The Kombi has been discounted at TRU, DJs, Myer... anywhere. 
I have flipped this set since it first come out and I will tell you now it goes in spurts. Stores sell out, ebay stocks go down, people get more competitive for a dollar, prices drop.So many people said what a waste of time the fire brigade was and that was out for many years. It retires and look at prices now... $500+ already. Grab them, throw them in a cupboard and forget about them for awhile. 

• Like 1

Got the same email that you guys got this morning. Suspect that it will be the two workshops on back order but am holding out hope that my Black Gate gets through.

Happy that I at least got one workshop at the sale price (arrived yesterday) , believe it was from an order on the morning of Jan 1st.

I can tell you from experience that anytime there are sales on items, ebay gets flooded more. The Kombi has been discounted at TRU, DJs, Myer... anywhere. 

I have flipped this set since it first come out and I will tell you now it goes in spurts. Stores sell out, ebay stocks go down, people get more competitive for a dollar, prices drop.So many people said what a waste of time the fire brigade was and that was out for many years. It retires and look at prices now... $500+ already. Grab them, throw them in a cupboard and forget about them for awhile. 

Couldn't agree more, this set has always had strong demand on the secondary market even with it's widespread availability, I'm all in on this set.

A friend received the same email in regards to the RIs he bought (it is all he has outstanding).

This afternoon his RIs shipped. 

Lego doesn't know what they are doing. 

My additional 5 that I ordered today are still sitting in the Warehouse, not really phased if they ship or not.

Has anyone seen a specific cancellation email yet? I keep checking and my orders are still "active".