Australian General LEGO Update

BrickPick3r

Crap, it seems that fallingwater may be retired after all for the Australian market. Bloody thing on lego website yesterday said that it will ship in 30 days. Now it said sold out with no expected shipping date. 

Funny you mention this, I bought 2 earlier in the week when it was "30 days.." but I received a shipping advisement about 20 mins later and currently tracking them online :D.

I'm starting to appreciate the architecture line a bit more now (after our discussion), however i'm only interested in the larger sets - Falling Water, Imperial Hotel, etc. Thinking of picking up an architecture book as I like your suggestion of a coffee table book, seen them at Costco for $29ish.

I thought I might be able to sneak in another Minecraft run of sales, however the stock still hasn't arrived yet, so I'll be sitting on 4x Cave and 1x Mine to offload. Prices on Ebay are still decent at this point in time so I should hopefully be able to at least get my money back after shipping & fees.

I think the days of getting 200% of MSRP are now over , however if stores sell out their allocation in a hurry and Lego are slow at providing new stock, there may still be some opportunity for flipping, it's just difficult to predict at this stage. 

Funny you mention this, I bought 2 earlier in the week when it was "30 days.." but I received a shipping advisement about 20 mins later and currently tracking them online :D.

I'm starting to appreciate the architecture line a bit more now (after our discussion), however i'm only interested in the larger sets - Falling Water, Imperial Hotel, etc. Thinking of picking up an architecture book as I like your suggestion of a coffee table book, seen them at Costco for $29ish.

This is where Australia has a minor advantage.

When TH was marked as call for availability in the US just before it sold out at LEGO Shop at Home US, it was at ships in 30 days for AU but you could still push the order button, which I did & it was shipped in the same time frame as a standard order & I got one more before it went to sold out status.

Same for FW, just ordered 2 & was shipped straight away, then a few days later went to sold out.

Lesson, if the chatter on Brickpicker is that LEGO Shop at Home US is call for availability on a set that is rumored EOL and LEGO Shop at Home AU is ships in 30 days or gives a date and you can order, do it. You will probably get the set just before EOL.

A A has some design faults guys. Check the brick show they reveal this. I have stayed away from this as I have already experienced bad designs such as the back to the future set. In saying that it looks great when making short stop motion films with this hooked up to the Town Hall.

In respects to the AA being an exclusive to target here in Australia it may be on it's way out as it has been not been in store for 12 months our way, but only online. It has however been on sale a number of times and I think they are just making way for the next big exclusive, maybe the tumbler or new millenium falcon later this year. Remember they need a big new item for the toy sales. I wouldn't be surprised if they have the Ewok Village again as it was their exclusive last year. I have yet to work out who has the licence for the other products. In fact, it may be that Target may have the exclusive rights to star wars going on for the last couple of years, remember R2D2, they had that as well.   

In respects to the AA being an exclusive to target here in Australia it may be on it's way out as it has been not been in store for 12 months our way, but only online. It has however been on sale a number of times and I think they are just making way for the next big exclusive, maybe the tumbler or new millenium falcon later this year. Remember they need a big new item for the toy sales. I wouldn't be surprised if they have the Ewok Village again as it was their exclusive last year. I have yet to work out who has the licence for the other products. In fact, it may be that Target may have the exclusive rights to star wars going on for the last couple of years, remember R2D2, they had that as well.

Death Star was/is an exclusive to Big W, and so is the Sandcrawler? So may be a bidding war?

It isn't on the way out until they seriously start discounting it further than the generic sales they have. 

Target don't have exclusive rights to Star Wars

Edited by TheDarkness

Oh, when I say exclusive rights, I meant in the hard to find items. Not that target can only sell the star wars lego. I just find that there is a pattern. 

DS & SC are both hard to find items as well. I'd be quite curious to see who holds the power in relation to the distribution of exclusives, if it is the retailers sucking up to LEGO or vice versa.

On a side note, for those selling flower carts, how are you sending them? I normally send the poly bag promotions in padded bags with 2x 70c stamps, but since I'm moving I have my parents doing my dispatches :D

Death Star was/is an exclusive to Big W, and so is the Sandcrawler? So may be a bidding war?

Yes, that is right. Big W also had the Imperial Star thingy that darth vader fles a few years back, it is just target had had two large exclusive star wars lego sets for two years. However, news is that target US has the tumbler, so it could be that they may go this way. 

I hope so, I returned a Tumbler in November last year because of a massive gash it received to the front of the box (shipping), I asked them to replace (as it was for my personal collection). Long story short they lost it, and after chasing up 20xxxx times they gave me a refund and told me to buy another one - yes at $50 dearer :/

I didn't have much luck with Lego last year.
They managed to lose 5 Research Institutes, 1 Tumbler and a Maersk Triple E...
Crazy.

Hopefully a store gets the Tumbler and puts it back to the $280 price to start with. LEGO Shop at Home used to sell the RGS at $179 and then dropped the price to $159 when store were selling it at the same price. 

• Like 1