Australian General LEGO Update

BrickPick3r

Olivia's House worth grabbing for $89 at K-Mart?

They seem to be selling for $120-$130 at the moment (inc. shipping), so after fees and shipping it's not really worth the effort, for me anyway. Unless of course you think these will appreciate well after EOL, but I just don't see it happening in Australia with the Friends theme. There are much safer places to invest your money.

I've just noticed that my 1x Elsa has moved from waiting to "in Warehouse" however, under my father's account the 2 I had ordered the same day are marked as "Please contact Customer Service", has anyone come across this? and generally what does it mean.

I can't call till Tuesday and the suspense is killing me lol.

Olivia's House worth grabbing for $89 at K-Mart?

I'm with jkaesler, however keep an eye on stock levels at Kmart, especially if your near a "country" one like I am/was. The price will continue to fall if no one are buying them to at least 60% off RRP. Personally, I've got a few that I'm watching and when they drop to 59/69 I'll pounce as it will compliment Emma's house, especially for new girls entering the market. 

Hope it makes sense, I'm slept deprived.

• Like 1

I've just noticed that my 1x Elsa has moved from waiting to "in Warehouse" however, under my father's account the 2 I had ordered the same day are marked as "Please contact Customer Service", has anyone come across this? and generally what does it mean.

I can't call till Tuesday and the suspense is killing me lol.

I don't want to raise too much concern, but I'm pretty sure in the US the "Please contact Customer Service" status is a pre-cursor to the ban hammer. You might want to raise this in the "My order status" thread and see what their take is on this. There's never been a report of a ban in EU / Asia so I wouldn't be too concerned.

Edited by jkaesler

Anyone else notice this seller being a real thorn in the side on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/avanco/m.html?item=121546701718&hash=item1c4cbf7b96&pt=AU_LEGO&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

He seems to have lots of every type of exclusive and is really controlling the price on the reseller market at the moment. He has 10+ Town Halls which is sure to limit the price on these at least in the short term.

Edited by jkaesler

I don't want to raise too much concern, but I'm pretty sure in the US the "Please contact Customer Service" status is a pre-cursor to the ban hammer. You might want to raise this in the "My order status" thread and see what their take is on this. There's never been a report of a ban in EU / Asia so I wouldn't be too concerned.

Have some lego sets been banned? Wow, I would think Elsa would be a popular set, I just guessing the 'please contact ' could mean that they could not fulfil the order and would like a second preference, otherwise a refund. 

They are a drop ship seller.

I ordered a set from them when eBay had their extra 20% off toys and it came direct from Myer with a receipt to me from Myer. 

Then a request came through saying they wanted to cancel the transaction and get their fees back. 

Ahh interesting. So how does that work with sets like Town Hall and Grand Emporium which aren't available anymore?

Have some lego sets been banned? Wow, I would think Elsa would be a popular set, I just guessing the 'please contact ' could mean that they could not fulfil the order and would like a second preference, otherwise a refund. 

Not lego sets, but customers do get banned, at least in the US, if Lego suspects them of reselling. Hence while you'll see all the US members on here get all excited if Amazon / Walmart / Target get exclusives in stock as this is the way to load up on a set without catching the attention of Lego. The ban from the Lego store has only ever applied in the US however.

Ahh interesting. So how does that work with sets like Town Hall and Grand Emporium which aren't available anymore?

They have to have some stock in hand, such as those discontinued items (41999 as well)

But Sandcrawler, Tumbler... you can only get from LEGO Shop at Home.

Free shipping is easy for those as it ships direct from lego

• Like 1

First comment here, just thought it's worth to share my experience.

Bought & paid for a Death Star thru eBay from an overseas seller for a very low price, but I received a super star destroyer from a Sydney shop.

Not that I mind the SSD, but I emailed the Sydney company. Then I found out, someone used stolen credit details. When they listed & sold on ebay, they use stolen credit card, order & pay for it from a shop (maybe even from Lego Hime). The item will be sent directly to the eBay buyer, like me.

Please be cautious.

Phew, so not banned hey? I can understand Lego would want to control the reselling factor as they make money from selling licences. However, I am wondering whether these guys are getting too big for their boots as they cannot handle the abundant online processes etc. I also deeply believe that the toy industry is also saturated by this stuff. I find that we need new concepts, we need to get rid of barbie and other stupid stuff and bring on another new long term concept that can compete with it. 

Phew, so not banned hey? I can understand Lego would want to control the reselling factor as they make money from selling licences. However, I am wondering whether these guys are getting too big for their boots as they cannot handle the abundant online processes etc. I also deeply believe that the toy industry is also saturated by this stuff. I find that we need new concepts, we need to get rid of barbie and other stupid stuff and bring on another new long term concept that can compete with it.

Haha no, although I am known as a silver tongue devil (partly where my username comes from), if they did try and ban me over the phone, I would probably be Lego's CEO by the time the call finished ;) Edited by Lucifersfury

Bought & paid for a Death Star thru eBay from an overseas seller for a very low price, but I received a super star destroyer from a Sydney shop.

Not that I mind the SSD, but I emailed the Sydney company. Then I found out, someone used stolen credit details. When they listed & sold on ebay, they use stolen credit card, order & pay for it from a shop (maybe even from Lego Hime). The item will be sent directly to the eBay buyer, like me.

Please be cautious.

Hi, thanks for the tip off. 

Haha no, although I am known as a silver tongue devil (partly where my username comes from), if they did try and ban me over the phone, I would probably be Lego's CEO by the time the call finished ;)

I am wondering whether lego have minions on this forum...if so. HI! I am a lego addict... and... would like to know where the closest mindstorm healing centre is located. Please help. You should take some responsibility.

Please be cautious.

Are you able to tell us the seller? 

Seller no longer registered. His/her background: very few feedback, les than 10, maybe just 1-2. Based in Vietnam

More interesting story, later I noticed a few more similar listings in eBay. Just for fun (I know I am covered by PayPal), so I tried to make a bid but I was blocked by seller to make a bid. The seller only has 2 feedback so I am sure I never deal with him/her before. That is, the same seller created another account & doing the same trick but blocked me

For the 1st purchase, I let the seller know the Sydney said stolen card details were used, so the seller was willing to refund.