Australian General LEGO Update

BrickPick3r

That's if the target stores & target online has any stock left of the Ewok Village & UCS R2-D2

If they're in the catalogue then you'd think they'd have a decent amount of stock in, still you'll probably have to act fast. I'm going to go nuts on the R2-D2's, they're a sure winner for investment.

I saw R2D2 and Ewok Village (lots of them) at my local Target today and I think the in store sale starts 23-Jul14.

Start saving!

According to Target Australia on Facebook that is correct. 23 July in store and 18 July online. Not sure if I'll go nuts on the R2's or not. They'll definitely be a winner investment wise, but my money will be tied up for an easy two years if it retires mid-late next year. Since it's a Target exclusive who knows if they'll reappear after this sale, haven't seen Batman Arkham Asylum (10937) for an easy six months and that's meant to be a Target exclusive.

what would be a good price to grab R2D2 at?

does anyone know how long the TRU buy 1 get 1 half off  on selected lego is on for?

Starts 16th July ends 29th July but it was already working on the website on the 15th. Not much star wars stuff on the website though.

http://catalogues.toysrus.com.au/offer/building-sets-model-supplies/lego-brands/4z7wc5nb8.html

And I'm a bit skeptical about the 9516 Jabba's Palace & 7879 Hoth Echo Base stock, perhaps they have some in their east coast warehouse.

Target Australia Toy Sale Catalogue is up with 20% off all lego (see pages 28 & 29)

http://catalogues.target.com.au/catalogue/target-catalogue--the-greatest-toy-sale-on-earth/14046939147712.html

Ewok Village is $309

UCS R2-D2 is $199

Starts instore on 23rd

Website looks like it's being updated as i type this.

I doubt we'll see the above 2 sets any cheaper in Australian Bricks & Mortar stores.

Ewok Village is a beautiful set but at AUD 309 no bargain. Amazon delivers this set to Australia for AUD 302. The only advantage I can see is the fact that you can pick your box and make sure it is not damaged. Getting one for yourself seems reasonable but I do not see any investment potential at this stage. In regards to the R2D2, this is the third time that Target Australia sell this set and it makes you wonder how many are out there...A while ago Target sold Hobbit sets at 50% off. That was an opportunity. Since then I have not bought much there.

Toys R US Australia is having BOGO 50% off

http://www.toysrus.com.au/www/732/1001127/search.asp?frombox=true&searchstring=35960&selecttype=2&utm_source=eDM&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=[%20WK24_ROTO_1507_NONVIP]

on Star Wars, Creator, Chima & Duplo range

Stores have a much better selection than online.

In addition to my post above I saw recently that SSD's are definitely part of the promotion.

So two SSD's for $1049 ($524.50 each) if you can find a store with two or more that is.

In addition to my post above I saw recently that SSD's are definitely part of the promotion.

So two SSD's for $1049 ($524.50 each) if you can find a store with two or more that is.

That is a good price no doubt, but I don't have a spare $1049 just lying around! :-)

What baffles me is no new wave Lego Movie sets have hit any shops in Australia at all.

The movie is already out on Blu-Ray and DVD and we pay some of the highest prices in the world for Lego.

The only recently released sets I've seen is the Arctic Ice-Breaker in the BigW sale.

Seems mighty silly for Lego to hold off giving stock as kids will be wanting these sets after watching the movie.