Australian General LEGO Update

BrickPick3r

In addition to this. David Jones will take a further 20% off already reduced items when you spend $150 or more - online only.

I don't think that applies to Lego though.

Also apologies to my previous post. it is series 9 minifigs for $3 each. My K-Mart has it tagged differently, they really are useless

Hi, does any body know if price tags or the security stickers hurt the resell value of sets if they are left on? Thanks

I wouldn't leave price tags on, people get shirty when they see a cheaper price on it and can affect how they leave feedback (regardless of them agreeing to the price or not). I remove all security tags, you can use a hair dryer to help remove it but I generally dont have a problem with it at all. 

• Like 1

Hi, does any body know if price tags or the security stickers hurt the resell value of sets if they are left on? Thanks

I purchased some ninjago Light Temple from Kmart the other day that had security tags on them. I went through self serve so they weren't removed. I went to a couple of other stores afterwards and set off the security alarms several times both when I entered and exited. surprisingly no one cared at all!

A couple days afterwards I went to David Jones and purchased a set, after the sale assistant denied me the Lego discount, which I had to argue to get. She ripped the security label off taking a decent amount of box printing off. What I learnt from that was to go through self serve if possible. Then later you can remove any labels safely hopefully not taking part of the box with it. I don't recommend leaving the price tag visible and the security tag shouldn't really matter. If your worried just peal them off yourself but don't rush also a hair dryer helps.

• Like 1

I wouldn't leave price tags on, people get shirty when they see a cheaper price on it and can affect how they leave feedback (regardless of them agreeing to the price or not). I remove all security tags, you can use a hair dryer to help remove it but I generally dont have a problem with it at all.

Thanks, silly me never even thought of using a hair dryer.

I purchased some Nijango Light Temple from Kmart the other day that had security tags on them. I went through self serve so they weren't removed. I went to a couple of other stores afterwards and set off the security alarms several times both when I entered and exited. surprisingly no one cared at all!

A couple days afterwards I went to David Jones and purchased a set, after the sale assistant denied me the Lego discount, which I had to argue to get. She ripped the security label off taking a decent amount of box printing off. What I learnt from that was to go through self serve if possible. Then later you can remove any labels safely hopefully not taking part of the box with it. I don't recommend leaving the price tag visible and the security tag shouldn't really matter. If your worried just peal them off yourself but don't rush also a hair dryer helps.

I have had the same problem with the cashiers ripping off the security label and they think I am weird when I ask them to be careful lol, I will try a hair dryer from now on. Thanks

Just to add to my story, I went into K-Mart today as my kids had Christmas gift cards to spend and low and behold...... the Haunted House was $189!!!

I could only laugh....

Good to hear that they've finally come around. Hopefully everyone managed to get in on the action at that price.

Myer sale today online

LR Stagecoach 34.95

LR Colby City 44.95
LR Silver Mine Shootout 59.50
LR Commanche Camp 23.95 (odd that it isn't 50% off like the others)

No train or battle pack in stock, but train is listed at $69.50. It does say online only but someone may have some luck if they find it in store?

Limit of 2

Man of Steel Battle of Smallville 44.50
Super Heroes Batwing Battle over Gotham City 32.45

• Like 1

Myer prices are pretty good, just a little more than what I paid for these sets from my supplier. However I would not recommend anyone go out and buy them. Its clear that Myer is trying to clear LR stock. Myer have already had a 40% discount on LR sets. Also Amazon has had the Silver Mine Shootout on special at around $45 for about a week and still have stock. Anyone with some intelligence would know that retailers are tired of having theses sets on their selves and want to get rid of them even if profit margins are small. I've been trying to sell some of these LR sets (Silver Mine Shootout and Cobly CIty) because I'm just not confident about them any more. But no one is interested minimum views, no offers.

Buy these sets with caution 

• 2 weeks later...