Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

Funny you mention Target .  Im new to lego investing.   Been ordering stuff on sale from walmart , amazon , target , etc.      Target has by far been the worst when it comes to packaging.  Same problem.  Way oversized boxes and minimal to NO packing material .      The amount of returns from online orders is starting to take its toll on me .....     infact i have a target box sitting on my porch right now.   a 76239 mini tumbler .    wouldnt you know the box is gigantic ?   flip a coin if shes a keeper or not...   /shakes head 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, RDales said:

Funny you mention Target .  Im new to lego investing.   Been ordering stuff on sale from walmart , amazon , target , etc.      Target has by far been the worst when it comes to packaging.  Same problem.  Way oversized boxes and minimal to NO packing material .      The amount of returns from online orders is starting to take its toll on me .....     infact i have a target box sitting on my porch right now.   a 76239 mini tumbler .    wouldnt you know the box is gigantic ?   flip a coin if shes a keeper or not...   /shakes head 

keep in mind that if you return too many items (regardless of reason) you may get permabanned without any warning...same for all other retailers...I heard the Amazon ban is especially brutal...you are dead to them forever

• Like 1

Ah, so this is where our pillows went and why boxes have been getting banged up.

I'm cool with the internal paper packaging instead of the plastic wrap, but man am I going to miss those pillows (they were kinda rare to see anyways).

https://www.lego.com/cdn/cs/aboutus/assets/blt15f6010332752196/The_LEGO_Group_SustainabilityProgressReport2021.pdf

image.png.3ca86be4ca93b4343d9d3f6da791b6e1.png

Edited by Captain_Obvious

2 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

China

first they "stand" w/ the west and the oil sanctions...

now they are "negotiating" crude supplies w/ Russia...now that Russia is desperate and prices are at all time high

Shred?

ruthless?

or utter disregard for the rest of the world?

Sounds like a great trading partner for the US :drag:

• Sad 1

You know how great it is out there when you sold $7 item for $5 FBM (lower than Amzn's price baby!) and buyer opened a return request stated "no longer needed" :drag:

ETA: The above was part 2 of this:

On 5/16/2022 at 2:19 PM, Darth_Raichu said:

I learned how easy it was to sell on Amazon when item was priced to lose money.

Also, to make sure the price was set correctly before pressing the OK button.

:drag:

Woodchucks nested under my shed and my incredibly lazy and borderline senile dog finally found them and has been digging holes and giving herself a heart attack chasing them. I’ve got one live trap out now, baited with cantaloupe. We’ll see how crazy this gets.

a58235c8fc98f43ba761cf800fb60ea9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, iahawks550 said:

Life is too short working a job you hate. The hardest part is deciding it's time to move on.

Yeah, I agree. I've been in this job for 4 months. Not a good fit. I'm already reaching out to other places and setting up calls and conversations. Just want to do one last push for a project here.

60hrs and counting without internet service at my house after the thunderstorms that ravaged our area on Monday evening. Spectrum says 3 nodes down. There are still businesses and traffic lights without power as well.

Have been using my cellphone hotspot for 3 days to be able to work, which has its own issues.

Called Spectrum's competitor Altafiber today and the best they can offer is a 30Mbps connection to my house. No fiber yet. So we're stuck waiting for Spectrum to fix their stuff. Smh.

Sent from my SM-A326U1 using Tapatalk

• Sad 1

44 minutes ago, Phil B said:

60hrs and counting without internet service at my house after the thunderstorms that ravaged our area on Monday evening. Spectrum says 3 nodes down. There are still businesses and traffic lights without power as well.

Have been using my cellphone hotspot for 3 days to be able to work, which has its own issues.

Called Spectrum's competitor Altafiber today and the best they can offer is a 30Mbps connection to my house. No fiber yet. So we're stuck waiting for Spectrum to fix their stuff. Smh.

We've been dealing with ongoing issues here up the river. I saw where parts of Columbus were hit hard too.

My sister in law in rural PA bit the bullet and ordered Starlink from Musk. $499 set up that you own plus $99 per month for 100 mbs, but it’s mobile so they’ve already moved the dish to their rental while renovating their farmhouse. If you think about it, most places charge $100+ for installation plus equipment rental fees, so it isn’t that bad.

• Like 1

My internet provider went to outage earlier and when that happened my Win10 PC rebooted itself.  I was in the middle of long process of copying large amount of files from PC to a backup drive via USB (not over my network).   It was strange to see the PC blipped like that when internet went down.

Now I have to re-copy all files since some files might not be copied correctly when the PC reset.

• Sad 2

My 11 month old kid has COVID. And my wife is feeling sick now though still negative...
NOOOOOO!

I don’t know what’s going on. My brother’s family in KC just had it, my father-in-law got it last week, and my daughter just came home from day camp with a fever and tested positive. This is our first rodeo with Covid for all I’ve mentioned above.

5 hours ago, Mark Twain said:

I don’t know what’s going on. My brother’s family in KC just had it, my father-in-law got it last week, and my daughter just came home from day camp with a fever and tested positive. This is our first rodeo with Covid for all I’ve mentioned above.

I think a couple of things are in play. People are getting tired of masking up/staying home and being overly cautious and people who have been boosted or double boosted feel invincible. The latter was the reason why our family got it last month. My wife got double boosted and went on a 5-day cruise with her best friend. She felt super-protected, so she didn't wear a mask at all when inside the ship, so she caught it and brought it home. On the flip side, we went on a 14-day family Disney cruise in March and didn't catch it because Disney required everyone to wear a mask indoors. 

We have to understand that the vaccination does not prevent us from getting Covid. It only prevents us from having severe symptoms that require hospitalization and death. 

With that said, I think we're at a point where Covid is going to be endemic and we're just going to have to live with it. I don't think we (Americans) have the patience and tolerance to wear a mask indoors for the next few years. I've been guilty of walking into a store not wearing a mask if I'm only in there for less than five minutes. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mark Twain said:

I know someone vaxxed and boosted and she's had it 3 times.  Many folks are getting it for a second time. Our family has been lucky so far, but we pretty much haven't taken any precautions ever since our first vaccinations.  I have the single booster, but probably won't bother with anymore. I do still find myself using sanitizer and using my shirt on door handles.

It's still the wild west out there with mixed information and protocols everywhere.

• Like 1

Finally joined the covid club! Started feeling off Saturday, then symptoms on Sunday and more severe today. Fully vaccinated and boosted too. I was going for a fourth shot soon but not right now obviously.

Not a fun feeling right now. b9f2860157bc268126ff89fead0a9342.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

• Sad 2

30 minutes ago, TANV said:

Finally joined the covid club! Started feeling off Saturday, then symptoms on Sunday and more severe today. Fully vaccinated and boosted too. I was going for a fourth shot soon but not right now obviously.

Not a fun feeling right now. emoji40.pngb9f2860157bc268126ff89fead0a9342.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

sux...but some say getting it now (current strain not so bad for the vaccinated) will help your immunity in the future.

What symptoms are you feeling?  Is the no-taste/smell thing...still happening?