Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

8 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

sux...but some say getting it now (current strain not so bad for the vaccinated) will help your immunity in the future.

What symptoms are you feeling?  Is the no-taste/smell thing...still happening?

I'm still able to taste and smell things so far though it's a bit more muted. Some nasal and chest congestion. The coughing though is very discomforting and I've noticed it's starting to tire me out. I'm somewhat functional but lying in bed is my preferred method of transportation right now.

When I got it last month, I lost my sense of smell and taste for 10 days before I got them back at about 50%. Took another week to be back to fully normal with regards to smell and taste. I love to eat so those 17 days were excruciating. 

As for my other symptoms, stuffy/runny nose, coughing, and a low grade fever for a couple of days. As usual, the cough was the last thing to go away. 

When I got it last month, I lost my sense of smell and taste for 10 days before I got them back at about 50%. Took another week to be back to fully normal with regards to smell and taste. I love to eat so those 17 days were excruciating. 
As for my other symptoms, stuffy/runny nose, coughing, and a low grade fever for a couple of days. As usual, the cough was the last thing to go away. 

I tested positive yesterday and my doc didn’t recommend paxlovid and basically told me rest and take vitamins. I’m vaxxed and boosted so I guess that makes me low risk. My daughter is fine. Hyper and running around. I’m exhausted and couldn’t sleep because of the congestion and cough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Sad 1

Day 3 of Covid: Woke up this morning with a lot of aching. The coughing has decreased but each time I cough, it's become more severe and is hurting my chest. I am feeling more tired than yesterday despite sleeping in more. I'm experiencing some shortness of breath each time I go up the stairs, which is pretty aggravating as I'm in good shape. I looked at my vaccinations and saw that my last booster was 6 months ago so I wonder if the efficacy has that short of a window.

Took more sick days this week. It's not like I have much of a choice.

2 hours ago, TANV said:

Day 3 of Covid: Woke up this morning with a lot of aching. The coughing has decreased but each time I cough, it's become more severe and is hurting my chest. I am feeling more tired than yesterday despite sleeping in more. I'm experiencing some shortness of breath each time I go up the stairs, which is pretty aggravating as I'm in good shape. I looked at my vaccinations and saw that my last booster was 6 months ago so I wonder if the efficacy has that short of a window.

Took more sick days this week. It's not like I have much of a choice.

sorry to hear that.  From what i am reading the vaccinations/boosters are not effective in preventing catching the current strains (just does a good job of preventing "severe illness"   which I basically think just means no hospitalization).  So I agree that reports say there is definitely a "wearing off" aspect of vaccines (less effective); but in the case of current strains I think there's also the secondary issue that the vaccines are not good at preventing it anyway.  

That's not to say folks shouldn't get vaxxed and boostered...because "Severe illness" sux way worse.  Hope you feel better.

With cases going up seemingly, are hospitalizations also? It's obviously not much of a news item any more, so any real world knowledge about this?

Yes, all are up, but no where near as high as past waves. Mayo, John’s Hopkins, CDC still track. NYT’s Covid tracker also still functions. Looks like cases spiked in the Northeast then fell and now the rest of the country is getting hit by the wave.

My son tested positive last night. He’s the first one of us to develop a fever with it. My daughter is basically recovered on day five after testing positive. I’m on day three and can’t imagine feeling better that quickly, not with this cough. We haven’t worn masks since October or November last year after the kids got vaxxed.

• Like 1

Day 4 of Covid: Woke up with a lessened cough. Not as out of breath as before but a lot more congested. However, I'm a lot less fatigued and don't need to spend half the day in bed like yesterday. I had a call/interview this afternoon and managed it fine. I'm resuming work tomorrow but will not be going into the office until later next week. Sometimes I need to stop to regain my breath but I'm hopeful it'll pass in time. Wife and daughter still have that nasty cough but daughter is back to being super energetic and fast.

1 minute ago, TANV said:

So, I got fired today on Zoom while recovering from Covid. I had a feeling it was coming but still, a little bit harsh and not a good look.

Sorry to hear that. On the upside, you'll qualify for more unemployment money from the government because it was Covid related. Make sure you look into that program. Unfortunately, I forgot what it was called. Maybe "PUA" benefits from the Covid era.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear that. On the upside, you'll qualify for more unemployment money from the government because it was Covid related. Make sure you look into that program. Unfortunately, I forgot what it was called. Maybe "PUA" benefits from the Covid era.
Pretty sure those extra benefits ended a while ago. But worth a shot to check of course
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Captain_Obvious said:

It is something to look into but my termination letter indicates that it's productivity related. Covid just conveniently timed itself at the end of my job.

• 4 weeks later...

That stupid PSA about parenting is bothering me...

"You don't have to be perfect to be a perfect parent."

Yes. Yes, you do. If you want to be perfect you have to be perfect.

What the PSA should try to get across is, "You don't have to be perfect to be a good parent."

Edited by KvHulk
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Mark Twain said:

Cheapest gas in my town is $3.89. I drove 19 miles away to check on clearance at a Walmart and saw that the Murphy’s there was $3.35 and used my Walmart + to get it down $.010 to $3.25.

WTH is with these massive price differences?

In town station bought their stock when the price was higher a month ago.  because they haven't dropped their price they still haven't sold the gas at the price they bought it at and don't want to cut the price to lose money.  until the restock at the lower price, u won't see a cheaper price since to do so would require them to lose money on the gas they already bought.

murphy at walmart sells TONS of gas and therefore restocks their supply more often and the price has come down on what they are refilling with - u get a better deal.

no one is buying supposed clearance lego at the first round prices in my zone.  hoping to see some action coming up this week with all the new sets and old stock piling up.

Edited by cladner

In town station bought their stock when the price was higher a month ago.  because they haven't dropped their price they still haven't sold the gas at the price they bought it at and don't want to cut the price to lose money.  until the restock at the lower price, u won't see a cheaper price since to do so would require them to lose money on the gas they already bought.
murphy at walmart sells TONS of gas and therefore restocks their supply more often and the price has come down on what they are refilling with - u get a better deal.
no one is buying supposed clearance lego at the first round prices in my zone.  hoping to see some action coming up this week with all the new sets and old stock piling up.

Dude, the $3.79 is at the Murphys in my city and we have x2 as many people and go through x2 as much has. It’s $3.79 or $3.99 at over a dozen gas stations in my town and $3.35-$3.37 in at least six stations in this town a few miles over.

3 hours ago, Mark Twain said:

Dude, the $3.79 is at the Murphys in my city and we have x2 as many people and go through x2 as much has. It’s $3.79 or $3.99 at over a dozen gas stations in my town and $3.35-$3.37 in at least six stations in this town a few miles over.

its either the individual station dealer paid too much for gas they have or they have zero competition and can charge more. 

Edited by cladner

8 hours ago, cladner said:

its either the individual station dealer paid too much for gas they have or they have zero competition and can charge more. 

Just like everything else, the market will try to charge you as much as you are willing to pay.

It's why when the corporate tax cuts were significantly slashed a few years back came down, prices were not changed in any meaningful way. The same reason why if corporate taxes are raised, the prices won't change in any meaningful way. 

Everyone prices the same way we do. We will take the maximum people are willing to pay, everything on top of our cost basis is profit and we like profit. 

• Like 2

On 6/27/2022 at 2:53 PM, TANV said:

Finally joined the covid club! Started feeling off Saturday, then symptoms on Sunday and more severe today. Fully vaccinated and boosted too. I was going for a fourth shot soon but not right now obviously.

Not a fun feeling right now. emoji40.pngb9f2860157bc268126ff89fead0a9342.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear .... virus gonna virus

12 hours ago, Mark Twain said:

Not too uncommon.  Perhaps 1 city is farther from the gas supplier than the other, making it more expensive to deliver gas there.  Those tanker trucks need fuel too.

most stations are getting a new load of fuel every 36-48 hours.  So the turnover of product is pretty quick,  I've noticed that our prices here in the suburbs are about 20 cents higher the 20 minutes away out in the country.  It seems to take about 2 weeks for our price to drop to what they were.