Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

4 hours ago, brickolodon said:

LOL on all of you...f Putin but what the difference? tell me at least 2.

https://www.amazon.com/Magazine-September-Bringing-Action-Ripken/dp/B000LEAO9C

Well for one, Cal RIpken Jr. was a good baseball player who played 2,632 games in a row. For two, I'm super unclear on what you're talking about. Something about Serbia? I was 11 years old in 1995.

Well, we saw three houses yesterday and made an offer one one of them. Our offer didn't get selected. There were eight offers, four of which were cash. It sold for less than our escalation so our agent says likely $500-$510K is her best guess. We had 20% down, $25K earnest money, and even waived the inspection and radon contingencies.

Out of the ten we've seen, this one was the one that I sorta fell in love with. They had a display of LEGO modular buildings across the TV console! Thought it was a sign of God.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Disney has done away with the mustache twirling bad guy, and instead gone to the non-villain model in their most recent movies. Moana and Frozen 2 had natural elements;  Encanto-family fracture brought on by forced migration; and in Turning Red …apparently it's puberty.

Disney has done away with the mustache twirling bad guy, and instead gone to the non-villain model in their most recent movies. Moana and Frozen 2 had natural elements;  Encanto-family fracture brought on by forced migration; and in Turning Red …apparently it's puberty.

Children going through puberty is certainly an enemy in my household these days…
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Lego Lass said:

lots of young boys asking why the mom was pushing boxes of "pads" and what's menstruations?

awkward questions for sure....when I was young I didn't know why Mom suddenly started to talk w my older sister behind closed doors.

its a coming of age movie that doesn't ignore the physical when dealing with the mental/social aspects typical of all the "male" centric versions in films.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Lego Lass said:

Inside Out, while not directly about puberty, did this well.  They've been going away from these villians for a long time, Toy Story didn't have a main bad guy either.  Bad guy movies are simple and I still like them, and I don't need to understand the bad guy's perspective either, sometime people are just a-holes.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

Inside Out, while not directly about puberty, did this well.  They've been going away from these villians for a long time, Toy Story didn't have a main bad guy either.  Bad guy movies are simple and I still like them, and I don't need to understand the bad guy's perspective either, sometime people are just a-holes.

It isn’t just about the puberty theme, the entire story is weak and there are too many “on the nose” themes that are sadly being forced down our throats regardless of whether I agree or disagree with the message. a lot of the plot doesn’t hold together even within the confines of its own universe. Seemed like a classic case of the plot doesn’t matter as long as we tell Whatever we want to tell you . 
There was a time when watching a movie with the kids was simple and the message was universal ( bad vs good , be kind , etc ..) 

• Like 2

On 3/14/2022 at 10:17 PM, Lego Lass said:

I have not seen Turning Red yet but sounds like it handles the topic of puberty better than Japan ....maybe.

On 3/15/2022 at 3:51 PM, minicoopers11 said:

Order a pallet of cardboard, get free quarterly books for life 

8035EB89-9F82-4A4F-9EE7-72EF21013444.jpeg

just want to add...does anyone get the Restoration Hardware annual catalog.  

Not only is it bulky and thick...but super dense.  Whereas the rest of the world looks to find better recycling options...RH apparently has a special spot in the rainforest and hunts to look for the rarest trees (preferably one that's hosting a cancer curing plant) to cut down for the paper used in their annual catalog.