Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

5 minutes ago, MarleyMoose said:

My Pittie Lily has had diarrhea now for @24 hrs. We've gone out about every 1 to 2 hours since last night. She's still a food ***** so that's a good sign. Cooking up chicken thighs and rice now. I'll add some canned pumpkin each serving.

Sorry to hear that.  Always sucks with the fur babies are sick.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MarleyMoose said:

My Pittie Lily has had diarrhea now for @24 hrs. We've gone out about every 1 to 2 hours since last night. She's still a food ***** so that's a good sign. Cooking up chicken thighs and rice now. I'll add some canned pumpkin each serving.

That sucks man. 

We made dog food for a couple of our dogs for the last several years of their lives.  Rice, hamburger, peas, carrots, peanut butter, eggs, and sometimes my wife would put pumpkin in it.  It didn't keep as well with the pumpkin, too much moisture would cause it start molding in the fridge.  Anyway, we left the kids with a babysitter and told her that there was food in the refrigerator for the kids.  Well, she ended up heating up the dog food and feeding it to everyone, including herself, until one of my children finally asks "Is this the dogfood?"  It was the version with pumpkin, so it probably tasted funny even if it wasn't rotten.  We got a text asking if we kept dog food in the refrigerator....we still get a pretty good laugh about that.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

On 2/9/2022 at 9:29 PM, Alpinemaps said:

My complaint is the way he died. Something so simple and mundane. It sucks that he just died by such a random accident.

Reading more on this makes me wonder. Multiple head fractures? A "very significant blow to the head" that would be consistent with a fall down a flight of stairs or a major car accident. Then he tucks himself into bed and goes to sleep? Where and when did this fall happen? I'm guessing there is more to this tragic story. Maybe not though.  Anyone else care to comment?

4 minutes ago, BRIX23 said:

All these restocks and attention 75251 is getting lately is going to rapidly take it from a hero to a zero in no time.  

yeah, i had 20 on order but cancelled after i saw how long its in stock. still, may be illusion of plentitude. Jury still out. But for the rest.....I dont recall retired stock of popular sets lingering well into february :(  amazon's hoarding of specific sets is my new pet worry, although vorys is currently #1

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Alright...I cleaned up this thread.  We're stopping now.  Don't make me lock this thread, because I'm busy for the next few days, and I'll just leave it locked, and none of us mods like doing work, so don't expect any of them to unlock it.

My horizon forbidden west should be delivered tomorrow , I will be MIA. @BrickLegacy got this under control 

• Like 1

It makes you realize how trivial most arguments are. People in the US argue about whether you can carry guns, or abortion, or schooling, COVID, or pick your polarizing issue. There are so many bigger issues in the world that your problem really isn't important.

I have no current connection to Ukraine, and have never been there. But one half of each side of my family emigrated from Ukraine to Canada around 1900 and some of them later served Canada in the Great War. It makes me happy for my current opportunities and sad for all of those who don't, and those who never will. Both in Ukraine and in other conflicts worldwide. I'm especially grateful that I have an infant that isn't in grave peril.

At least today gave me an excuse to pull out an old yellow Ukraine toque that I was going to donate because it was too small.

I think I'll build Lego tonight to cheer up a little. (-:

Yay LEGO!

• Like 4