Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

RIP Magawa

Magawa, the famous mine-clearing rat who was awarded a gold medal for his heroism, has died at the age of eight. In a five-year career, the rodent sniffed out over 100 landmines and other explosives in Cambodia.

The African giant pouch rat "passed away peacefully".

It said Magawa was in good health and "spent most of last week playing with his usual enthusiasm". But by the weekend "he started to slow down, napping more and showing less interest in food in his last days".

Magawa with his medal

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

Seems like a perfectly legit situation.

Dude didn’t want his music associated with something he finds repugnant, and he was willing to suffer the consequences of lost revenue.

Spotify had to choose between one and the other, and they chose.

it’s like the most free market thing ever… my complaint is that I LOVE the free market. I do. I really, really do.  

Edited by House Schubert
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, House Schubert said:

Seems like a perfectly legit situation.

Dude didn’t want his music associated with something he finds repugnant, and he was willing to suffer the consequences of lost revenue.

Spotify had to choose between one and the other, and they chose.

it’s like the most free market thing ever… my complaint is that I LOVE the free market. I do. I really, really do. 

Sure he can do whatever he wants, but there are musicians on Spotify that I would consider more repugnant than Rogan, that he hasn't taken a stand against, ie R Kelly.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

Spotify with the reverse cancel 

I'm a big Neil Young fan and I support the war that he has waged against commercialization of music.  With that being said, Spotify made the right decision.  Maybe for the wrong reason (cash vs freedom of speech) but I'm glad that it worked out as it did.  Neil Young used to be a radical.  Now's he's just a grumpy old man.  "You kids get off my Spotify!"

aaa.jpg.ef91068f82af0399fc1e203eeec8cc98.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

Sure he can do whatever he wants, but there are musicians on Spotify that I would consider more repugnant than Rogan, that he hasn't taken a stand against, ie R Kelly.

Neil Young had polio as a child, so he's a big proponent for vaccines. I'm assuming he didn't take aim at R Kelly because R Kelly doesn't have a podcast putting out misinformation that can harm people.  I don't listen to the JRP, or Neil Young, so it's all the same to me.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, lazuli16 said:

Neil Young had polio as a child, so he's a big proponent for vaccines. I'm assuming he didn't take aim at R Kelly because R Kelly doesn't have a podcast putting out misinformation that can harm people.  I don't listen to the JRP, or Neil Young, so it's all the same to me.

Yeah, the misinformation narrative it a little uninformed and he's just jumping on the bandwagon with the media narrative.

The media are scared to death of platforms like JRE, his viewership is much larger than traditional media these days.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Yeah, the misinformation narrative it a little uninformed and he's just jumping on the bandwagon with the media narrative.

"Joe Rogan has admitted he’s cringing after being fact-checked about Covid-19, having been proven wrong on his own podcast – admitting he was ‘winging it’ during the debate. 

It all started when the podcaster sat down with Australian broadcaster and fellow podcast host Josh Szeps for a recent episode of The Joe Rogan Experience.

Everything was going well until, Rogan began spouting some incorrect information about myocarditis.

Myocarditis is an inflammation of the heart muscles and can be a side effect of the Pfizer vaccine, but is much more commonly a result of contracting the Covid-19 virus.

Rogan boldly stated that myocarditis is a 'common' side effect in children who have had the vaccine, but Szeps cut him off quickly to point out that it isn't true.

Rogan then read aloud during the podcast episode: "[Males aged] 12 to 17, were [most] likely to develop myocarditis within three months of catching Covid at a rate of 450 cases per million infections. This compares to 67 cases of myocarditis per million of the same age following their second dose of Pfizer. 

Szeps then explained: "Yeah, so you're about eight times likelier to get myocarditis from getting Covid than from getting it from the vaccine.” 

Rogan seemed to move on fairly swiftly, saying the point was ‘interesting’ before going off on a tangent about fact-checking and finding information on the internet."

Too many people take what Joe Rogan says as fact. He is an entertainer. He is no

different than Rowdy Roddy Piper in that sense.  He is paid to entertain.

I stand with Neil Young on this one. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BricksBrotha said:

"Joe Rogan has admitted he’s cringing after being fact-checked about Covid-19, having been proven wrong on his own podcast – admitting he was ‘winging it’ during the debate. 

It all started when the podcaster sat down with Australian broadcaster and fellow podcast host Josh Szeps for a recent episode of The Joe Rogan Experience.

Everything was going well until, Rogan began spouting some incorrect information about myocarditis.

Myocarditis is an inflammation of the heart muscles and can be a side effect of the Pfizer vaccine, but is much more commonly a result of contracting the Covid-19 virus.

Rogan boldly stated that myocarditis is a 'common' side effect in children who have had the vaccine, but Szeps cut him off quickly to point out that it isn't true.

Rogan then read aloud during the podcast episode: "[Males aged] 12 to 17, were [most] likely to develop myocarditis within three months of catching Covid at a rate of 450 cases per million infections. This compares to 67 cases of myocarditis per million of the same age following their second dose of Pfizer. 

Szeps then explained: "Yeah, so you're about eight times likelier to get myocarditis from getting Covid than from getting it from the vaccine.” 

Rogan seemed to move on fairly swiftly, saying the point was ‘interesting’ before going off on a tangent about fact-checking and finding information on the internet."

Too many people take what Joe Rogan says as fact. He is an entertainer. He is no

different than Rowdy Roddy Piper in that sense.  He is paid to entertain.

I stand with Neil Young on this one. 

That was one instance out of 100s of hours of his show on this topic.  Again, it's a bandwagon narrative.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

That was one instance out of 100s of hours of his show on this topic.  Again, it's a bandwagon narrative.

Exactly!!!  So when he was caught this one time 'winging it" about scientific facts, just think how many times in those 100s of hours he was 'winging it' or better yet, pandering...I'd say 100% of the time. 

He claimed he wasnt scared of covid, but when he contracted covid he spent more than $50K throwing every known and experimental treatment on himself.  Not something your average joe could access. 

Very strange 'bandwagon' people are choosing to hitch too.  He stirs the pot for entertainment using religion, science and politics which he is educated in Zero of them. And people cite him or quote him as a reference. This is were entertainment is dancing a fine line of becoming misinformation. Especially knowing this...

53 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

his viewership is much larger than traditional media these days.

Edited by BricksBrotha
typo

Yet, Joe Rogan has actually gotten what he's wanted, attention, coverage, and listens. The people that have taken a stance against him didn't listen in the first place.

It's no different than inflammatory headlines on news sites, or "first reports" that are wrong on Twitter. It's all about the clicks and generating revenue.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, lazuli16 said:

Taking a stand against a convicted child molester should be an easy and popular choice for anyone.

10 minutes ago, BricksBrotha said:

Exactly!!!  So when he was caught this one time 'winging it" about scientific facts, just think how many times in those 100s of hours he was 'winging it'...I'd say 100% of the time.   

Very strange 'bandwagon' people are choosing to hitch too.  He stirs the pot for entertainment using religion, science and politics which he is educated in Zero of them. And people cite him or quote him as a reference. This is were entertainment is dancing a fine line of becoming misinformation. Especially know thing...

Say what you will about Rogan, some of his guests are way more interesting and entertaining than anything traditional news is doing.  Keep in mind that people reporting on such things aren't experts either, but they are gatekeepers of what they choose to share when presenting the "news".  At least in longer discussions, you get a fuller picture of someone's perspective and not cherry picked soundbites.

• Like 3

Not true, I was an occasional listener on certain topics that piqued my interest. Not any more. There are so many more forms of entertainment that are thought provoking. 

His dishonest has completely turned me off.  And for people to double down and follow him more blindly, to me that just says a whole lot about the 'general population'.