Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

For us, cutting the cord also means not paying for streaming services.  The only 1 we have is Amazon but only because it comes with Prime.  Should we stop needing Prime, that would be gone as well.
I guess this is easier for me since I do not give an F about sports
Pretty much every cell phone plan includes some kind of streaming service. Verizon gets Disney +, Hulu and ESPN. T-mobile/Sprint gets Netflix. AT&T gets HBOMax. Unless you are on a prepaid cellphone plan you surely get one of those for free each month as well.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Shortbus311 said:

Pretty much every cell phone plan includes some kind of streaming service. Verizon gets Disney +, Hulu and ESPN. T-mobile/Sprint gets Netflix. AT&T gets HBOMax. Unless you are on a prepaid cellphone plan you surely get one of those for free each month as well.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Hmm, I never checked my phone plan for free streaming. Mine is an old legacy plan, $40/mo for unlimited data.  

Hmm, I never checked my phone plan for free streaming. Mine is an old legacy plan, $40/mo for unlimited data.  

I also pay $40/mo for unlimited everything, including data & txt internationally (which is great because we travel to Europe regularly). T-Mobile Magenta One I think it’s called. Recently switched as I was on a legacy T-Mobile plan that basically offered the same for the same price, but had to make a change that forced me to a new plan.
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Phil B said:

I also pay $40/mo for unlimited everything, including data & txt internationally (which is great because we travel to Europe regularly). T-Mobile Magenta One I think it’s called. Recently switched as I was on a legacy T-Mobile plan that basically offered the same for the same price, but had to make a change that forced me to a new plan.

Time to shop around ;)

5 minutes ago, iahawks550 said:

T-Mobile gives us Netflix for free and $10 off month on YTTV. Plus, it's incredibly cheap for a five phone plan. Almost $100 cheaper/month than AT&T was. Although, coverage and reliability hasn't been as good.

Yeah, my wife makes me stick with Verizon for coverage. We do get free Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+, and Discovery+.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, exciter1 said:

Yeah, my wife makes me stick with Verizon for coverage. We do get free Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+, and Discovery+.

been in some pretty remote trails in the mountains and still had signal,  pretty amazing the coverage.  Main reason I dropped Tmobile years ago as parents had cabin in mountains and as soon as you turned off main road lost signal.  Verizon covered it all.

• Like 1

Hulu is owned by Disney? This all makes sense now. 

Yep. I sincerely doubt any sort of deal is gonna be reached anytime soon. It sucks because I hate Hulu Live’s interface vs YouTube Tv. I only upgrade to live streaming for Football and basketball and let it lapse for months. Disney is the death star killing machine at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 hours ago, iahawks550 said:

Thanks. That's probably what I'll do. I picked YTTV initially because it offered MLB Network.

Same here.  But then they dropped the SportsSouth channels and, with MLB stupid f'ing blackout rules, I can't watch the Braves play live on YTTV or the pay MLB TV.  I live 150 miles away.  I'm not cutting into their attendance.  MLB's blackout rules are so archaic.  Oh, but MLB can certainly tell if you are using a VPN and block you. 

Another thing about pay tv.  Years ago, you paid for TV to get away from commercials.  Now, I pay $135 a year for MLB TV and I have to not only put up with commercials but the same 2 or 3 over and over.  Same with all the other pay channels.  Thank god for TCM.

Edited by raindog
  • Like 3

On 12/18/2021 at 12:36 PM, Mark Twain said:

Yep. I sincerely doubt any sort of deal is gonna be reached anytime soon. It sucks because I hate Hulu Live’s interface vs YouTube Tv. I only upgrade to live streaming for Football and basketball and let it lapse for months. Disney is the death star killing machine at this point.

Deal has already been reached

https://sports.yahoo.com/disney-google-reach-deal-youtube-202634576.html

https://www.theverge.com/2021/12/19/22845373/youtube-tv-disney-espn-channel-fx-abc-restored

https://variety.com/2021/digital/news/disney-youtube-tv-renewal-1235138299/

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I can’t believe they went through this and reached a deal in under 24 hours. What was the point? Looks like YouTube will honor the $15 credit, too. I’m guessing they paid what Disney wanted.

• Like 3

Speaking of YouTube TV, why are they the only big player to charge extra for 4k?  Just stupid.  It's the only thing holding me back from signing up with them right now.  I know live content in 4k is fairly limited right now, but it doesn't appear that competitors like FuboTV or Hulu Live charge extra... they just include it.  We are in the market for streaming, but no one single offering seems to be able to check all the boxes.  I went to sign up for YouTube TV this evening, but got hung up when asked if I want to pay $10/month for 4k that will eventually be $20/month.  Now I'm leaning towards Fubo, but they are missing WarnerMedia channels (like TBS/TNT), but no charge for 4k.  

16 minutes ago, BRIX23 said:

Speaking of YouTube TV, why are they the only big player to charge extra for 4k?  Just stupid.  It's the only thing holding me back from signing up with them right now.  I know live content in 4k is fairly limited right now, but it doesn't appear that competitors like FuboTV or Hulu Live charge extra... they just include it.  We are in the market for streaming, but no one single offering seems to be able to check all the boxes.  I went to sign up for YouTube TV this evening, but got hung up when asked if I want to pay $10/month for 4k that will eventually be $20/month.  Now I'm leaning towards Fubo, but they are missing WarnerMedia channels (like TBS/TNT), but no charge for 4k.  

Netflix charges extra

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, BRIX23 said:

Some of the others charge for unlimited DVR usage, I noticed. I guess it's all what a person finds important. So little 4k stuff, it's just irrelevant for the most part. 

• Like 1

Anyone have any experience with Rakuten cash back being rejected?

I purchased the AT-AT on Black Friday.  Used a Lego $100 voucher and redeemed the Camera promo.

Everything showed recoded and pending then eventually it was rejected.  I contacted them, provided them with the proof of the transaction and purchase receipt and they rejected it again and gave me a bunch of possible reasons.  I assume it was one of the redemptions that kicked it, possibly the $$ voucher as the totals didn't line up.

22 minutes ago, scratchdesk said:

Anyone have any experience with Rakuten cash back being rejected?

I purchased the AT-AT on Black Friday.  Used a Lego $100 voucher and redeemed the Camera promo.

Everything showed recoded and pending then eventually it was rejected.  I contacted them, provided them with the proof of the transaction and purchase receipt and they rejected it again and gave me a bunch of possible reasons.  I assume it was one of the redemptions that kicked it, possibly the $$ voucher as the totals didn't line up.

I wonder if they saw that you used a coupon code (because that's how you redeem points items like the camera) and denied it on that technicality. That's crummy, sorry.