Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

9 minutes ago, Mark Twain said:

Dollar Tree is officially raising their prices to $1.25. A 25% increase is a blow to a lot of low income folks who actually buy groceries there and likely a sign of price increases across the board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are they also changing their name to Dollar25 Tree?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Mark Twain said:

Dollar Tree is officially raising their prices to $1.25. A 25% increase is a blow to a lot of low income folks who actually buy groceries there and likely a sign of price increases across the board.

Part of it is an actual blow, part of it is a psychological blow. Some products are made specifically for dollar stores, with net contents gradually reduced to increase or just maintain the profit.

Edited by minicoopers11

15 minutes ago, minicoopers11 said:

with net contents gradually reduced to increase or just maintain the profit.

This is true for a lot of food products, not just in relation to dollar stores.  Lay's has been reducing the size of their potato chips bags every other year.  It used to be 9.5oz then 9oz and now it is only 8oz for the regular bag

1 hour ago, Mark Twain said:

Damn greedy corporations trying to milk every cent from the poor 😆

But seriously, no surprise. They made a financial decision:  They can’t really cut labor since that market is tight and They’re not Walmart where they can strong arm vendors into providing cheaper product. 

Politically speaking, I don’t think Democrats are sleeping well nowadays. What a cluster inflation will be for them in the upcoming elections. 

Edited by Mathew

15 minutes ago, Mathew said:

Damn greedy corporations trying to milk every cent from the poor 😆

But seriously, no surprise. They made a financial decision:  They can’t really cut labor since that market is tight and They’re not Walmart where they can strong arm vendors into providing cheaper product. 

Politically speaking, I don’t think Democrats are sleeping well nowadays. What a cluster inflation will be for them in the upcoming elections. 

Things have been $.50 at my Five & Dime for several years.

3 hours ago, TANV said:

The college football coaching carousel thunderdome. Seriously. Screw this arms race.

$10 million over 10 years is insane. Kelly hasn't even won a national championship and is going to garner more than Saban! LSU's entire endowment is only $550 million and their athletic program will now pay $100 million to a single person. Unreal. 

7 minutes ago, Mark Twain said:

$10 million over 10 years is insane. Kelly hasn't even won a national championship and is going to garner more than Saban! LSU's entire endowment is only $550 million and their athletic program will now pay $100 million to a single person. Unreal. 

Coaching at ND, he made A LOT of money. Going to LSU, he's going to make a f*ckt0n of money. As an ND alum, this just is blindsiding but I can't blame him. Personally, I blame MSU and their contract negotiating with Mel Tucker. That started the whole ball rolling...

Remember when Lincoln Riley bolting for USC was a nuke going off? I remember...

On 11/23/2021 at 4:26 PM, waxwing said:

Anybody ever get yelled at for being a reseller scumbag?   I did today.   Apparently I'm personally responsible for ruining Christmas for needy children, and should get a job, a life, and should cry myself to sleep from shame.   I'm not listing anything on F.B marketplace again.  😀

Yes, many times. But this one was my favorite. His math was wrong though as 3.5x $80 is $280, and I was only flipping them for $250. I assume the seething tears flowing down his face messed up his ability to do arithmetic. Moved all of them quickly without anyone else crying. 

On 3/28/2018 at 9:56 PM, brickvoyeur said:

Ladies and gentlemen, watch out when selling these Target price error sets. Your soul is on the line... if you still have one of course.

image.png.a3d6ccf8c84e315ae19e59f680fc30f2.png

4 minutes ago, brickvoyeur said:

Yes, many times. But this one was my favorite. His math was wrong though as 3.5x $80 is $280, and I was only flipping them for $250. I assume the seething tears flowing down his face messed up his ability to do arithmetic. Moved all of them quickly without anyone else crying. 

Karma bites douchebags in the @ss too.

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, raindog said:

F 'em!  What gets me is they whine about me sweeping the shelf in the clearance section when the LEGO set has been available for 6 months.  They are upset at me for trying to make a buck when they hesitated, trying to save a buck?!?  Even with new releases.  I don't get any early access, being a reseller.  They can drag their lazy ass off the couch and buy when the product is available, the same as me.  But no, they want their sleep AND still be able to whine about not getting the item.  And let's look at what they are whining about.  Is it needed medical supplies?  Is it food needed for subsistence?  No, it's a luxury item.  So their little Johnny or Jane won't have it under the tree this year.  Boo hoo.  So what?  Maybe it's time to teach the little heathen that: 1. They don't get everything that they want.  2. Life is about disappointments. 3. Your parents are lazy pricks that would rather blame me for their woes than to inconvenience themselves to buy the items when they are released.

I'm 60 years old and I find that, as I grow older, I hate people more and more.  F 'em! 

Oh, and karma is a made-up concept that some sad-sack invented to try to make a more motivated person feel bad.  If karma was real then how would you explain all the wealthy politicians in Washington?

PREACH!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Belac said:

I was watching those Ginger bread houses at Target, Just hoping for price to drop back to standard 99.99. They just raised it to 164.99. Lame

You think there's any remote chance that this gets reduced back to MSRP? Just wondering if a flip can be made and risk the chance for a Target holiday price match prior to 12/24 to recoup some monies.

hmmm...maybe not