Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

I've never set alerts on this thread for 8 years and I have zero issues keeping up with it. I don't have alerts on any threads. You can deal with it that way too.

This man churns his own butter, hitches his own wagon, and makes his own path in that sweet Amish paradise. Technology be damned!

giphy.gif

I also don’t use the alerts feature and don’t really feel like I’ve missed much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1

Lots of people do have alerts set up for this thread to keep up with deals. There are literally hundreds of other threads to hold conversations in why must conversations be held in this one? 

Also I don't mind MINIMUM discussions related to deals posted. Examples such as "Not really a great deal. Has been this price for months at x and y." Or "retail price is actually ___ so not a deal." Or even announcing that hard to find sets are back in stock (even if at regular retail price). 

Thank you to everyone that attempts to keep unrelated discussions to a minimum. Thank you to everyone that posts deals (even when people occasionally respond in a rude manner). And thank you mods

• Like 2

my two cents, Jeff tried different formats over the years to varying degrees of success ( honestly most didn't gain traction for one reason or the other), though keeping the DD in one thread instead of a new one every day was a great idea imo ( for those who go back that far). 

The DD is by far the most followed thread and it is inevitable that ppl will start chatting and talking and while I understand it is not ideal to everyone, it does keep the site relevant and going. 

Mods will take a harder stance come the holiday season when deals will be plentiful and restrict sideline chatter. And yes that will include the annual b****ching on CM deals or lack-of . 

• Like 5

Like many have said, I don't mind the occasional comments on deals such as "poof" or "my store isn't offering it at that price", etc... because at least those comments are informative. I don't even mind when the DD thread goes crazy for a day over a spectacular pricing glitch like it recently did with the Target fiasco. Because I know that if I have 20+ notifications over the course of a hour there is a great deal going on. It's the comments that add no value to the discussion of the deal that I would like to see stopped.

I do appreciate our community here and if I am in the minority on this then I will shut up and sit in the corner. I have been able to take advantage of many great deals simply because this community exists so I do try to add to it as much as possible. I haven't been here as long as a lot of the regular posters but I have been here a few years now. But just because I am newer to a community does that make my opinion less valuable? Without new people communities and websites die, I don't want to see that happen to Brickpicker and I doubt any of you would either.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

49 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

my two cents, Jeff tried different formats over the years to varying degrees of success ( honestly most didn't gain traction for one reason or the other), though keeping the DD in one thread instead of a new one every day was a great idea imo ( for those who go back that far). 

The DD is by far the most followed thread and it is inevitable that ppl will start chatting and talking and while I understand it is not ideal to everyone, it does keep the site relevant and going. 

Mods will take a harder stance come the holiday season when deals will be plentiful and restrict sideline chatter. And yes that will include the annual b****ching on CM deals or lack-of . 

some potential ideas to solve the problem not really : )

- rename it the 'LEGO Daily Deals thread sponsored by Meijer' Everyone was so upset at seeing deals they couldn't get that you all had to make a separate Meijer thread.  buy the way viva la Santa bucks

- unsubscribe everyone from the daily lego deals thread.  like when the system used to mess up and you all had to unsubscribe everyone as it was too stressed.  then everyone had to sign up again.  if you unsubscribe everyone perhaps that will slow the alerts down to be nothing and that would solve the problem

• Haha 1

Was thinking of posting about this issue then it got someone on the daily deals page...

Walmart trying to hide the seller is annoying and I don't know why they give this same scammer the buy box when Walmart is still selling the item

wally1.png

wall2.png

wally3.png

Edited by Steel6T

18 hours ago, Steel6T said:

Was thinking of posting about this issue then it got someone on the daily deals page...

Walmart trying to hide the seller is annoying and I don't know why they give this same scammer the buy box when Walmart is still selling the item

wally1.png

wall2.png

wally3.png

so technically, someone could steal a bunch of LEGO sets from Walmart and then sell it on Walmart's platform?

so then Walmart is an accomplice?

mind blown

https://wdwnt.com/2021/11/rumor-disney-possibly-revoking-annual-passes-issuing-trespasses-to-merchandise-resellers/

Looks like Disney is taking a more strong-arm approach to resellers.

"Back in August, most purchases of merchandise around the resort were limited to two per item per guest per day. With many resellers finding ways around these limits, such as using multiple passholders or buying the same item in multiple shops, it seems that Disney may finally be attempting to get rid of them once and for all by kicking them out of the parks, though no official statement has been made."

9 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

https://wdwnt.com/2021/11/rumor-disney-possibly-revoking-annual-passes-issuing-trespasses-to-merchandise-resellers/

Looks like Disney is taking a more strong-arm approach to resellers.

"Back in August, most purchases of merchandise around the resort were limited to two per item per guest per day. With many resellers finding ways around these limits, such as using multiple passholders or buying the same item in multiple shops, it seems that Disney may finally be attempting to get rid of them once and for all by kicking them out of the parks, though no official statement has been made."

My first reaction is Disney going to use this as 1 of the reasons to cancel the Annual Pass program altogether.

Moving

(Still)

Moving from California is a pain in the butt. No one wants to rent you anything that leaves and doesn’t come back.

Tried to rent an RV one way, no dice. U-Haul canceled my enclosed trailer even! Now I have to drive 4 hours out of state to find a trailer to bring back here, just to drive right back that way again. Stupid.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

Moving

(Still)

Moving from California is a pain in the butt. No one wants to rent you anything that leaves and doesn’t come back.

Tried to rent an RV one way, no dice. U-Haul canceled my enclosed trailer even! Now I have to drive 4 hours out of state to find a trailer to bring back here, just to drive right back that way again. Stupid.

easy solution...just buy all new stuff!

have you looked into just getting a used trailer off CL?  Then re-sale in FL. Might actually be cheaper than rentals (in the long run; assuming it sells)

• Like 1

easy solution...just buy all new stuff!

have you looked into just getting a used trailer off CL?  Then re-sale in FL. Might actually be cheaper than rentals (in the long run; assuming it sells)

I’m lol’ing because, since I’ve posted that, I’ve set up some looks at some trailers. Hopefully will pick one up tonight.

Can’t hurt. Even if I price it to sell in FL, I should still come out ahead of the cost of renting one for the trip.
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

I’m lol’ing because, since I’ve posted that, I’ve set up some looks at some trailers. Hopefully will pick one up tonight.

Can’t hurt. Even if I price it to sell in FL, I should still come out ahead of the cost of renting one for the trip.

reseller mentality...think alike

"Hey instead of paying money for something I need...how can I profit from it?"

...when I was "forced" to pay FULL rrp yesterday on Friends Advent...I ended up getting 3...because of the above mentality

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

reseller mentality...think alike

"Hey instead of paying money for something I need...how can I profit from it?"

...when I was "forced" to pay FULL rrp yesterday on Friends Advent...I ended up getting 3...because of the above mentality

You could have gotten 2 yesterday, pocket the $10 in Kohl's cash, and then today bought the third one "for you" for $29.99-$10 = $19.99 after Kohl's cash.

Then sell the other 2 locally for just over RRP ... there's your discount!

EDIT: $23.99 online available for shipping at JoAnn's - Shipping is $7.99 but NOV299SHIP makes that $2.99.

Edited by Phil B
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

People have actually been buying box trucks for longer moves and then reselling at their destination. Uhauls/Penske/Ryder/Budget truck rental costs are crazy right now, if you can find one.

But, in other areas of the country, people have been renting Uhaul trucks/vans to get somewhere because they can't find rental cars.

People have actually been buying box trucks for longer moves and then reselling at their destination. Uhauls/Penske/Ryder/Budget truck rental costs are crazy right now, if you can find one.

But, in other areas of the country, people have been renting Uhaul trucks/vans to get somewhere because they can't find rental cars.

That’s exactly the problem. No one wants to rent anything one way, west coast to east coast. At least, not at the price they charged me 6 weeks ago when I reserved it.

I’m sure they’d rent it to me if I paid the 2x greater price it is now.

Instead, I did end up buying a trailer today. If I decide to get rid of it in Florida, I’m certain I’ll still spend less than if I had rented one.

e0b74d4eb28dfa6ec4c1209ea6b6d836.jpeg
  • Like 6