Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

I hate it when Bricklink stores just randomly decide to quit operating and don't even bother to fill the orders that they currently have.

On 24 August I made a order from Toy Brick Brigade (59766 feedback). On 2 September they created a shipping label and updated tracking in Bricklink. Now 2 weeks later and no scan from any post office and I just checked their store today and there is a screen up saying that the store was suspended yesterday due to not paying their fees. I understand that sometimes stuff happens and comes up, but with 59,766 feedback I don't believe that this is a "one man" operation, so something tragic happening to one person (if that's what even happened) shouldn't cause the entire store to shutdown.

This is the second time in 3 months now that something like this happened. First one was closed because of 3 or more NSS reports... it was also a larger store.

Are people just quitting their Bricklink stores more lately, or have just been having bad luck recently?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Shortbus311 said:

I hate it when Bricklink stores just randomly decide to quit operating and don't even bother to fill the orders that they currently have.

On 24 August I made a order from Toy Brick Brigade (59766 feedback). On 2 September they created a shipping label and updated tracking in Bricklink. Now 2 weeks later and no scan from any post office and I just checked their store today and there is a screen up saying that the store was suspended yesterday due to not paying their fees. I understand that sometimes stuff happens and comes up, but with 59,766 feedback I don't believe that this is a "one man" operation, so something tragic happening to one person (if that's what even happened) shouldn't cause the entire store to shutdown.

This is the second time in 3 months now that something like this happened. First one was closed because of 3 or more NSS reports... it was also a larger store.

Are people just quitting their Bricklink stores more lately, or have just been having bad luck recently?

I'm small scale and have seen my share of international shipping delays. The kind where any reasonable person would complain (say a 2-3 months for a first class package or so). So, if it's a larger store pumping out small orders with limited tracking...totally believable for that reason.

I'm small scale and have seen my share of international shipping delays. The kind where any reasonable person would complain (say a 2-3 months for a first class package or so). So, if it's a larger store pumping out small orders with limited tracking...totally believable for that reason.
That's why I hadn't really complained about it (other than in my head) yet. But now with the splash screen saying that the store is suspended for failure to pay fees, I doubt that I will ever get my order and will have to make a PayPal claim for a refund.

4 minutes ago, Shortbus311 said:

That's why I hadn't really complained about it (other than in my head) yet. But now with the splash screen saying that the store is suspended for failure to pay fees, I doubt that I will ever get my order and will have to make a PayPal claim for a refund.

Yeah, that's ridiculous. 

1 hour ago, Shortbus311 said:

Surprising this is happening with such an large established seller.

I would try to contact them (they have a website/facebook).

fba's payouts.

seems the more i sell the more my weekly payment goes down and reserve increases.

Yes, i know theres some method to the madness

yes, im too lazy to figure it out.

and yes x5 im convinced the reserve is a fig leaf cover for amazon earning interest on our $$$. I'd pay to see a line item broken out on amazons earnings showing Interest earned from sellers proceeds. IMO it's Criminal that they get to keep our interest.

2 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

fba's payouts.

seems the more i sell the more my weekly payment goes down and reserve increases.

Yes, i know theres some method to the madness

yes, im too lazy to figure it out.

and yes x5 im convinced the reserve is a fig leaf cover for amazon earning interest on our $$$. I'd pay to see a line item broken out on amazons earnings showing Interest earned from sellers proceeds. IMO it's Criminal that they get to keep our interest.

I know it's not the same thing, but it annoys me that when I buy a shipping label off eBay it is processed immediately, but my incoming payments are in processing for a couple days.

Why can't Ebay throw the error message at the buyer when they put too many characters in the address.  Don't wait until it's time for me to ship it to make it an issue.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Did a nuclear engineer really sell us all out for a 100k pittance. Are our schools and military really so pathetic that someone so stupid would be able to obtain the necessary degree and promotions to have access to such information. These people would really sell out their country and risk life imprisonments for less than a years combined wages. I honestly almost can’t believe two people with their education and positions could be this abjectly and deplorably stupid and backstabbing. Life imprisonment for peanuts, this gets my idiots of the generation award.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, junkrigger said:

Did a nuclear engineer really sell us all out for a 100k pittance. Are our schools and military really so pathetic that someone so stupid would be able to obtain the necessary degree and promotions to have access to such information. These people would really sell out their country and risk life imprisonments for less than a years combined wages. I honestly almost can’t believe two people with their education and positions could be this abjectly and deplorably stupid and backstabbing. Life imprisonment for peanuts, this gets my idiots of the generation award.

I think the goal was a lot more than that. $100k was to prove "seriousness" in their naive hope for more.

13 hours ago, junkrigger said:

Dumb dumb dumb.  They should have sent their son(s) to handle deals with foreign entities. :drag:

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2021/10/12/hunter-biden-corruption-515583

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, minicoopers11 said:

I think the goal was a lot more than that. $100k was to prove "seriousness" in their naive hope for more.

The news reports over the last few years really have brought to light how advanced the espionage rings both China and Russia developed in the US truly are.  It looks like both countries built fighter jets using reversed engineered tech stolen from us and China just successfully field tested a hypersonic glide vehicle that can evade our missile defense systems, which they likely got at least some of the tech know-how from us. To be sure, they're likely spending hundreds of millions on espionage each year, but what they are getting in the end is the product of hundreds of billions in US R&D. 

https://www.popularmechanics.com/military/aviation/g23303922/china-copycat-air-force/

https://www.reuters.com/world/china/us-watching-chinas-weapons-development-austin-says-after-hypersonic-missile-2021-10-18/

https://defence-blog.com/russias-new-checkmate-ripped-from-northrops-low-cost-fighter-concept/

The news reports over the last few years really have brought to light how advanced the espionage rings both China and Russia developed in the US truly are.  It looks like both countries built fighter jets using reversed engineered tech stolen from us and China just successfully field tested a hypersonic glide vehicle that can evade our missile defense systems, which they likely got at least some of the tech know-how from us. To be sure, they're likely spending hundreds of millions on espionage each year, but what they are getting in the end is the product of hundreds of billions in US R&D. 
https://www.popularmechanics.com/military/aviation/g23303922/china-copycat-air-force/
https://www.reuters.com/world/china/us-watching-chinas-weapons-development-austin-says-after-hypersonic-missile-2021-10-18/
https://defence-blog.com/russias-new-checkmate-ripped-from-northrops-low-cost-fighter-concept/

There is nothing that pisses me off quite as much as Chinese and Russian espionage and thievery, besides of course the obvious worst things people do. It has altered the way I interact with other researchers even on my rather unmilitarizable stuff. Have a friend who solved a 200 year old physics problem but opted not to publish it for similar reasons. Sad to have to suspect your colleagues ambiguously in the interests of democracy preservation.

• Like 1

Oh really 

Do you know anything about stress energy tensor? Can it be negative, positive, what does either of those values mean. Searching Wikipedia for some plagiaristic words is not going to work as most folks with even an undergrad degree in physics can’t say anything intelligent about this topic. For a real test explain the stress energy tensors relevance to the radiation reaction problem of Maxwell-Lorentz theory of electromagnetism. Or for an easier challenge how about an explanation of how Cantor’s pairing function is used in GPU allocation.

6 hours ago, Mark Twain said:

It reminded me of that suspected Chinese spy who befriended ;);) a US Congressman.  Despite advancement in technology, it shows how much espionage still relies on old school social engineering.
https://www.axios.com/china-spy-california-politicians-9d2dfb99-f839-4e00-8bd8-59dec0daf589.html

Do you know anything about stress energy tensor? Can it be negative, positive, what does either of those values mean. Searching Wikipedia for some plagiaristic words is not going to work as most folks with even an undergrad degree in physics can’t say anything intelligent about this topic. For a real test explain the stress energy tensors relevance to the radiation reaction problem of Maxwell-Lorentz theory of electromagnetism. Or for an easier challenge how about an explanation of how Cantor’s pairing function is used in GPU allocation.

Dude, we get it... you're like wicked smart and stuff. Why do you insist on showing off like a giant ****** every chance you get?

• Confused 1

Dude, we get it... you're like wicked smart and stuff. Why do you insist on showing off like a giant ****** every chance you get?

I made an off the cuff remark about a friend of mine and someone rudely questioned how my friend could be that smart. I was simply mentioning that sometimes if you know enough you meet people who unlike me truly are genius level crazy smart and do things unexpected in the interest of preserving our human society.