Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

Hiding things from/for my kids and forgetting where I put it, when it comes time to give it to them. 
This is me every Christmas and every August for my daughter's birthday. I found a couple birthday gifts I forgot to give her this year just a couple days ago... they are now going to be a couple Christmas gifts haha

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Shortbus311 said:

This is me every Christmas and every August for my daughter's birthday. I found a couple birthday gifts I forgot to give her this year just a couple days ago... they are now going to be a couple Christmas gifts haha

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

I usually find them once the fad passes. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, lazuli16 said:

Hiding things from/for my kids and forgetting where I put it, when it comes time to give it to them. 

I keep a stash of presents for both children, young adults and old adults.  When I find something on sell that is a possible gift, I buy it.  Come Christmas, I'll dig in and find gifts for my daughter, granddaughter, 80 year old mother and father and girlfriend.  I might not even have to buy a present (but I usually do.)  Same with cards.  I can send out a birthday or Christmas card at a moment's notice.  I'm kinda weird about Christmas shopping.  I usually have all my presents to give by October 1st.  I hate crowds and this works for me.  My daughter is getting Airpods Plus that I bought on sale for $128 for this Christmas.  That sure beats today's price.

• Like 1

Getting old. Yesterday I played my 1st flag football game in 6 years. I had been getting the itch again so I let the guys know I'd be willing to come back part time to give someone a break here and there. Well, half the guys didn't show for week 1 and I was forced to play iron man 7v7. I was happy I held my own against kids more than half my age but now I'm loaded up on advil and can barely move. Sucks getting old. Plus we lost 42-20.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, MarleyMoose said:

Getting old. Yesterday I played my 1st flag football game in 6 years. I had been getting the itch again so I let the guys know I'd be willing to come back part time to give someone a break here and there. Well, half the guys didn't show for week 1 and I was forced to play iron man 7v7. I was happy I held my own against kids more than half my age but now I'm loaded up on advil and can barely move. Sucks getting old. Plus we lost 42-20.

So, when I played softball, old guys would routinely use Tiger Balm pain relieving ointment. Smelled so strong. Made fun of it.

Went backpacking recently. Painful. Bought some when I got back home. Wish I brought that stuff with me. AMAZING.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, minicoopers11 said:

So, when I played softball, old guys would routinely use Tiger Balm pain relieving ointment. Smelled so strong. Made fun of it.

Went backpacking recently. Painful. Bought some when I got back home. Wish I brought that stuff with me. AMAZING.

I'm retired, but I do miss it. Golf isn't the same as a good softball game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, minicoopers11 said:

wait till you start using "Salon Pas" or Shaq's version (Icy Hot patches)

I was incredibly frustrated by this most of the summer…especially when it caused me to miss out on some epic deals. Like others have mentioned, WM spit this update out just as they phased out in store scanners at most of my nearby locations. If you're looking for some entertaining reading, go to the App Store, and click on most recent reviews…there are some brutally hilarious descriptions. One of may faves is, "My toddler could have s**t out a more functional update than your genius developers." (And yet, they keep trying to polish this turd with "stability fixes" every few days…which apparently only makes things worse. I was lucky to latch on to an older version, and I'll never update the WM app again!)

WM just rolled their new auto update and nerfed the app. How are we supposed to search through different store clearance prices now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, Mark Twain said:

WM just rolled their new auto update and nerfed the app. How are we supposed to search through different store clearance prices now?

I'd love to know the same.  I know you can use *bwicksqeek* and type out a sku number but that is super tedious while I'm hunting for deals.

I was able to workaround the issue by deleting and re-installing the app and staying logged out.  But it appears they put the kibosh on that too now.

Edited by scratchdesk

11 hours ago, Mark Twain said:

they also revamped their website.  there used to be a way to pull up  a list of stores surrounding a zip code, select an individual store and search LEGO for just that store and about 50% of the clearance  prices would show up just using that.  i'm not seeing any way to search individual stores stock on the new site which sucks. 

Edited by cladner
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, cladner said:

they also revamped their website.  there used to be a way to pull up  a list of stores surrounding a zip code, select an individual store and search LEGO for just that store and about 50% of the clearance  prices would show up just using that.  i'm not seeing any way to search individual stores stock on the new site which sucks. 

Not that it helps much, or for long.  But if I remove the app and reinstall it I can use the old site until I close the app again or it times out.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

Why can't Ebay have a simple Cost + Shipping (if any) total that can be filtered/sorted?

Can you be more specific? Ebay does allow you to sort by cost + shipping. Unless I'm misunderstanding exactly what you're asking for.

For example. If you search for a Legos set #XXXXX and then go to advanced filter. I am usually trying to find the cost of sold sets. So I filter buy it now, New, and Sold. It then lists all sets that fit this criteria. Then at the top of the list there is a pull down menu where you can sort by cost + shipping (highest or lowest). 

Edited by Gonkalin

11 minutes ago, Gonkalin said:

Can you be more specific? Ebay does allow you to sort by cost + shipping. Unless I'm misunderstanding exactly what you're asking for.

For example. If you search for a Legos set #XXXXX and then go to advanced filter. I am usually trying to find the cost of sold sets. So I filter buy it now, New, and Sold. It then lists all sets that fit this criteria. Then at the top of the list there is a pull down menu where you can sort by cost + shipping (highest or lowest). 

ah...then my complaint is Ebay does a poor job of describing such (BASIC) available functions (seriously like 5 different parts of the page to make a setting)

Thanks bro...you saved me a ton of time now and future

Edited by $20 on joe vs dan

11 hours ago, cladner said:

Hmmm....might be time to look into getting an app listed in the App Store.  If WM doesn't get their @#$! together, I might be able to make a penny or two.

• Like 1