Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

Anyone else experience the wonders of the Walmart app update?

I can't seem to check in store pricing at my local store even while in store. 

I used to make lists of clearance items that I was waiting on a price drop.  Now the app refers you to the actual website which doesn't show in store pricing.  Pretty sad if they removed the feature, especially when you can't even scan for prices while in store (self scan stations are basically non-existent around here).  

40 minutes ago, scratchdesk said:

Anyone else experience the wonders of the Walmart app update?

I can't seem to check in store pricing at my local store even while in store. 

I used to make lists of clearance items that I was waiting on a price drop.  Now the app refers you to the actual website which doesn't show in store pricing.  Pretty sad if they removed the feature, especially when you can't even scan for prices while in store (self scan stations are basically non-existent around here).  

This has been an ongoing discussion…Walmart definitely needs to fire a developer or two for this abomination of an update. What finally worked for me (after multiple attempts), was deleting the app from my iPhone, restarting said phone, and then re-installing the app. For awhile, I had to do this every single time I entered a different Walmart, but now, the older version seems to be sticking around on my phone (also, turn off automatic app updates or the whole process starts over again…) Good luck!

• Like 2

Finally sat down to list items on Amazon FBA again, after having started and stopped several times the last few weeks due to my ongoing family situation, only to find I need to reconfirm my credit card, my drivers license, bank statement just to reactivate my seller account ("due to inactivity"). Takes 2 business days. Sigh. Hope my LEGO selling status stays untouched ... fingers crossed.

UPDATE: Just received the following email:

Dear Seller,

Thanks for creating a Selling on Amazon account! We have completed verifying your identity. As next steps, please log into your Seller Central account to activate your account and check if any further action is needed.

Thank you for choosing to sell on Amazon and we’re here to help you succeed every step of the way.

Sincerely,
The Selling on Amazon team

However, I am still unable to add products as it says I need to reactivate my account, but when I click that it keeps asking me to change my charge method (which I have done several times in the last 15 mins to no avail). Anyone any tips?

Edited by Phil B
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Phil B said:

Finally sat down to list items on Amazon FBA again, after having started and stopped several times the last few weeks due to my ongoing family situation, only to find I need to reconfirm my credit card, my drivers license, bank statement just to reactivate my seller account ("due to inactivity"). Takes 2 business days. Sigh. Hope my LEGO selling status stays untouched ... fingers crossed.

UPDATE: Just received the following email:

Dear Seller,

Thanks for creating a Selling on Amazon account! We have completed verifying your identity. As next steps, please log into your Seller Central account to activate your account and check if any further action is needed.

Thank you for choosing to sell on Amazon and we’re here to help you succeed every step of the way.

Sincerely,
The Selling on Amazon team

However, I am still unable to add products as it says I need to reactivate my account, but when I click that it keeps asking me to change my charge method (which I have done several times in the last 15 mins to no avail). Anyone any tips?

Just in case, have you tried logging out from Sellercentral, clearing the cookies, and closing all browser windows ?

Also, did you actually see your new charge method listed in your account?

1 hour ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Just in case, have you tried logging out from Sellercentral, clearing the cookies, and closing all browser windows ?

Also, did you actually see your new charge method listed in your account?

I'm getting thrown in a never ending loop of: 

1. Change charging method -> done

2. Provide documents (drivers license + bank/cc statement) -> done and received "your account has been successfully reinstated" email

3. Still not able to list. Tells me I need to change charging method

4. Change charging method -> done, but sends "You need to verify your account by sending in drivers license + bank statement" emails immediately

5. ad infinitum

I have several cases open at this point, one because "there was an unknown error on your account that needs our attention" (hopeful on that one), one because the second time I submitted ID information it opened a case with a 7 day resolution window instead of approving me on the spot, and a third because I used the Open a Case functionality on this process. On the last one I receive templated responses either telling me to change charge method or to provide the documents, depending on where I am at in the above loop.

Fun times.

27 minutes ago, Phil B said:

I'm getting thrown in a never ending loop of: 

1. Change charging method -> done

2. Provide documents (drivers license + bank/cc statement) -> done and received "your account has been successfully reinstated" email

3. Still not able to list. Tells me I need to change charging method

4. Change charging method -> done, but sends "You need to verify your account by sending in drivers license + bank statement" emails immediately

5. ad infinitum

I have several cases open at this point, one because "there was an unknown error on your account that needs our attention" (hopeful on that one), one because the second time I submitted ID information it opened a case with a 7 day resolution window instead of approving me on the spot, and a third because I used the Open a Case functionality on this process. On the last one I receive templated responses either telling me to change charge method or to provide the documents, depending on where I am at in the above loop.

Fun times.

I think regardless of what Seller Central tells you, it might take two days (hopefully not business days) to reactivate the account. Did you verify your seller address back in May/June when they sent out the dumb verification notices in the mail? 

• Like 1

I think regardless of what Seller Central tells you, it might take two days (hopefully not business days) to reactivate the account. Did you verify your seller address back in May/June when they sent out the dumb verification notices in the mail? 
Yep i think you are right. Might just have to wait until after the weekend. And yes, I did jump all the hoops AMZ makes us jump through for their entertainment.

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Lego Lass said:

This has been an ongoing discussion…Walmart definitely needs to fire a developer or two for this abomination of an update. What finally worked for me (after multiple attempts), was deleting the app from my iPhone, restarting said phone, and then re-installing the app. For awhile, I had to do this every single time I entered a different Walmart, but now, the older version seems to be sticking around on my phone (also, turn off automatic app updates or the whole process starts over again…) Good luck!

I think I saw your frustration in July and panicked and quickly turned off automatic updates, with the last update for my android app being in June. In a store last week it wasn't RECOGNIZING some Lego UPCs for some reason, which was frustrating. I downloaded the beta app thinking ok maybe the old app is finally broken, and WOW is that hot garbage but it also wasn't recognizing the UPCs. Holy cow that is a bad update, though. How is that put out by a 400 billion dollar retailer?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, keymomachine said:

I think I saw your frustration in July and panicked and quickly turned off automatic updates, with the last update for my android app being in June. In a store last week it wasn't RECOGNIZING some Lego UPCs for some reason, which was frustrating. I downloaded the beta app thinking ok maybe the old app is finally broken, and WOW is that hot garbage but it also wasn't recognizing the UPCs. Holy cow that is a bad update, though. How is that put out by a 400 billion dollar retailer?

I was incredibly frustrated by this most of the summer…especially when it caused me to miss out on some epic deals. Like others have mentioned, WM spit this update out just as they phased out in store scanners at most of my nearby locations. If you're looking for some entertaining reading, go to the App Store, and click on most recent reviews…there are some brutally hilarious descriptions. One of may faves is, "My toddler could have s**t out a more functional update than your genius developers." (And yet, they keep trying to polish this turd with "stability fixes" every few days…which apparently only makes things worse. I was lucky to latch on to an older version, and I'll never update the WM app again!)

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Lego Lass said:

I was incredibly frustrated by this most of the summer…especially when it caused me to miss out on some epic deals. Like others have mentioned, WM spit this update out just as they phased out in store scanners at most of my nearby locations. If you're looking for some entertaining reading, go to the App Store, and click on most recent reviews…there are some brutally hilarious descriptions. One of may faves is, "My toddler could have s**t out a more functional update than your genius developers." (And yet, they keep trying to polish this turd with "stability fixes" every few days…which apparently only makes things worse. I was lucky to latch on to an older version, and I'll never update the WM app again!)

I've had to redownload the app a bunch of times now.  It seems that once I log in and close out of the app it will update me to the new version.  Even if I have updates turned off.   (iOS)

So now I have to leave myself logged out.  Will keep trying different things and see if I can get logged in and access my lists.

It is bad... really bad.

Similar topic: is there any way to get the Target app to show in store price (even in store)?  I don't get to Target too often but I hate having to trek back and forth to the self scanner to get prices.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, scratchdesk said:

I've had to redownload the app a bunch of times now.  It seems that once I log in and close out of the app it will update me to the new version.  Even if I have updates turned off.   (iOS)

So now I have to leave myself logged out.  Will keep trying different things and see if I can get logged in and access my lists.

It is bad... really bad.

Similar topic: is there any way to get the Target app to show in store price (even in store)?  I don't get to Target too often but I hate having to trek back and forth to the self scanner to get prices.

I never created any lists on the WM app, so I've found that not logging in has allowed me to continue using the older version. I know I fiddled with it a bunch until I found a workaround…what I described in my earlier post is what worked for my iPhone 12/iOS 14.7.1. And as far as the Target app goes, I don't even bother using that for price checks, since it just seems to give the online price. At least the Target in store scanners generally work!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, scratchdesk said:

The Target app used to be AWESOME and save you from having to find the working scanner nearby. You could quickly find the unmarked in-store clearance. But people complained that it was showing the in-store price and not the online price which was possibly lower (notably it wasn't impossible to see the online price, just trickier?). So they nerfed it because people are dumb and thought Target was trying to scam them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, keymomachine said:

The Target app used to be AWESOME and save you from having to find the working scanner nearby. You could quickly find the unmarked in-store clearance. But people complained that it was showing the in-store price and not the online price which was possibly lower (notably it wasn't impossible to see the online price, just trickier?). So they nerfed it because people are dumb and thought Target was trying to scam them.

What phone do you have? If you have an Android, you can just find the old APK and download it. It may still work if the API is the same on the back end. 

• Thanks 1

What is up with all the new ads on BPer it is getting to be almost as bad as Brickset. I am signed into my account and on the paid version with secret backdoor access to the brickfolio ;) 

It used to be if you weren’t sIgned in you got the ads, or so I thought. Any Pro-Tips to make them go away on an iPad using safari. 

B6BD0E29-20B1-47C5-B9D0-D643C04EBD8A.png

What is this secret back door brickfolio you talk about? Or are you just messing with us? 

but regardless, the ads on brick set are so bad they make the site unusable. Please, please Brickpicker don’t do that to this site. 
If you create a account on Brickset and stay signed in you see virtually no ads. The ads only show up when you aren't signed in... I just learned this like a month ago. Makes the site much better.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

What is up with all the new ads on BPer it is getting to be almost as bad as Brickset. I am signed into my account and on the paid version with secret backdoor access to the brickfolio  
It used to be if you weren’t sIgned in you got the ads, or so I thought. Any Pro-Tips to make them go away on an iPad using safari. 
http://bp-forum.s3.amazonaws.com/monthly_2021_09/B6BD0E29-20B1-47C5-B9D0-D643C04EBD8A.thumb.png.81b9c944da8970656971b70b4a91a18e.png
Is the Tapatalk app on the Apple store? That is what I use on Android... still some annoying video ads, but not horrible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gonkalin said:

What is this secret back door brickfolio you talk about? Or are you just messing with us? 

but regardless, the ads on brick set are so bad they make the site unusable. Please, please Brickpicker don’t do that to this site. 

lol. Brickset is indeed unusable. Freezes my browser every time. What an awful experience. 

lol. Brickset is indeed unusable. Freezes my browser every time. What an awful experience. 

Interesting. Never have had an issue with Brickset across iPad Chrome, iPad Safari, iPad Brave, Android Chrome, Brave on Windows, Chrome on Windows and Chromium on Linux. Use the site daily. I am typically signed in, though occasionally signed out and even then it works fine, albeit plastered with ads.

29 minutes ago, Shortbus311 said:

If you create a account on Brickset and stay signed in you see virtually no ads. The ads only show up when you aren't signed in... I just learned this like a month ago. Makes the site much better.

Ha, never knew that.  Guess its a different username than the forums as my old one did not work.