Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

I did LA -> Flagstaff -> Albuquerque -> OKC -> Memphis this summer in a Tesla Model 3 SR+. Long drives each day. Would totally do it again though. Beautiful country.

Oh it is. I’m just exhausted from getting us packed and out. Plus, I’m dressed for warm weather. And at the moment I’m Out walking the dog in 36° weather in shorts because that’s all I packed for the road trip
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

18 hours ago, jaybinx73 said:

where do i buy?  lol

Everything there is stock LEGO cmf parts.  For example, the torso is The Batman Tiger Tuxedo turned backwards and, of course, reversing the arms.  Face is from the GCPD Officer 2 (sh401) and the hair is from the series 15 Wrestling Champ (col15-14.)  Legs are from Monster Rocker (col222.)  Hope that helps.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

How long it takes to drive across the country.

I've driven the entire length of I-10, From Jacksonville, FL to LA.  About 2400 miles.  This was in 1990 so some things may have changed.  When I drove it, it got super boring right after clearing San Antonio, TX to almost Phoenix but you can make great time.

2 minutes ago, raindog said:

I've driven the entire length of I-10, From Jacksonville, FL to LA.  About 2400 miles.  This was in 1990 so some things may have changed.  When I drove it, it got super boring right after clearing San Antonio, TX to almost Phoenix but you can make great time.

Totally agree.  I bought a vehicle in Dallas a few years ago and drove it back to California.  Worse drive of my life.

1 hour ago, gmpirate said:

Totally agree.  I bought a vehicle in Dallas a few years ago and drove it back to California.  Worse drive of my life.

I did San Antonio to Los Angeles last year...the only interesting part to me was El Paso where you are right up against Juarez...I was that driver looking left getting a view of Mexico while somehow avoiding getting in a wreck

5 minutes ago, minicoopers11 said:

I did San Antonio to Los Angeles last year...the only interesting part to me was El Paso where you are right up against Juarez...I was that driver looking left getting a view of Mexico while somehow avoiding getting in a wreck

I remember that part.  I was coming in late at night.  Was pretty nervous at the time

4 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

I've covered the full I-80 from SF to New Jersey span (not in one trip); about 2 times in a 3 year span.

there's a reason many of these states are referred to as "fly over" states

[and why exciter gets the deals he does]

if you get off the interstate you'll discover some pretty cool things in the Midwest.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

I've covered the full I-80 from SF to New Jersey span (not in one trip); about 2 times in a 3 year span.

there's a reason many of these states are referred to as "fly over" states

[and why exciter gets the deals he does]

Fly Over territory is where it’s at.  I can’t imagine living on the west or NE coasts. The draconian mandates and exorbitant cost of living is enough to push most rational, family oriented people out. 

• Like 2

must be in Texas today

Actually New Mexico this morning. Just hit Texas at noontime.

FFS. That the wife I’m doing today - New Mexico/El Paso east to San Antonio.

[/quote

Oh man.

Fly Over territory is where it’s at.  I can’t imagine living on the west or NE coasts. The draconian mandates and exorbitant cost of living is enough to push most rational, family oriented people out. 

High cost of living in California has finally caused me to leave the state. Hence the move to Florida.

Is it a straight up drive or are you planning to sightsee ?  There is a LEGO store in San Antonio and a Legoland by the Alamo

I would have loved to have taken the opportunity to take my time and see the country without being on a schedule but wife just wanted to get there.

Playing it totally safe but I am exhausted. Yep he never drank so many Bangs in my life!

6 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

I would have loved to have taken the opportunity to take my time and see the country without being on a schedule but wife just wanted to get there.

Playing it totally safe but I am exhausted. Yep he never drank so many Bangs in my life!

Ah too bad.  At least stop at a Buc-ee's to fill up your gas.  They are technically gas station chain, but their convenience stores are bigger than most supermarkets in SF. 

Good bbq sandwich too

• Like 1