Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

1 hour ago, HollyS said:

If it is the one in Alabama, it is the busiest and most claustrophobic inside and outside - parking lot.

Which one are you talking about?  I live about 25 miles from the one in Leeds on I-20, and that can get extremely crowded at times due to it being about a mile from the Barbers Motorsports Track and Museum.  The other is near my father's house in Gulf Shores, right off of I-10.  Again, it comes in waves due to the time of year (snowbirds and spring-breakers.)  Both have excellent Brisket sandwiches!  BTW, Buc-ee's just had a groundbreaking in Athens, AL and are scheduled to break ground in Auburn in about a year.  Soon, these will be the gas station equivalent of WalMart.  Who knows, maybe in 2-3 years we will be talking about LEGO deals at Buc-ee's.  

14 minutes ago, raindog said:

Which one are you talking about?  I live about 25 miles from the one in Leeds on I-20, and that can get extremely crowded at times due to it being about a mile from the Barbers Motorsports Track and Museum.  The other is near my father's house in Gulf Shores, right off of I-10.  Again, it comes in waves due to the time of year (snowbirds and spring-breakers.)  Both have excellent Brisket sandwiches!  BTW, Buc-ee's just had a groundbreaking in Athens, AL and are scheduled to break ground in Auburn in about a year.  Soon, these will be the gas station equivalent of WalMart.  Who knows, maybe in 2-3 years we will be talking about LEGO deals at Buc-ee's.  

I am referring to the Buc-ee's in Alabama off 1-10 which has only been there for the past 5 years (ish)? The two times I have been there the parking lot was a complete cluster.

• Like 1

Anybody ever get yelled at for being a reseller scumbag?   I did today.   Apparently I'm personally responsible for ruining Christmas for needy children, and should get a job, a life, and should cry myself to sleep from shame.   I'm not listing anything on F.B marketplace again.  😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, waxwing said:

Anybody ever get yelled at for being a reseller scumbag?   I did today.   Apparently I'm personally responsible for ruining Christmas for needy children, and should get a job, a life, and should cry myself to sleep from shame.   I'm not listing anything on F.B marketplace again.  😀

Scumbag GIFs | Tenor

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

No reseller scum issues, just issues with mail carriers as usual.

I work out of a small warehouse now and USPS refuses to deliver to the location. 
"There is no signage it could be anyone here"
"There is no name on a mail box"

The last two days I've been at the warehouse all day and keep getting "business wasn't open"...

Scheduled a pickup with UPS they never showed up. Scheduled another delivery, they were 2 hours late.

• Sad 4

1 hour ago, waxwing said:

Just curious what you were selling. The local PS5 and Xbox resellers get nailed with comments on FB.  Just be honest with yourself:  It’s kind of a scummy side hustle. Especially around the holidays. I pretty much only do it to pay for my hobbies. 

Edited by Mathew

1 hour ago, waxwing said:

Any time someone "yelled" at me about such things, I apologized for selling it but that I needed the money.  If they would like to donate to me without buying it, that would be a huge help.  They usually go away after that.  Of course, I don't tell them my "reseller fund" is what I'm funding at the moment... lol.

Edited by exracer327
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mathew said:

Just curious what you were selling. The local PS5 and Xbox resellers get nailed with comments on FB.  Just be honest with yourself:  It’s kind of a scummy side hustle. Especially around the holidays. I pretty much only do it to pay for my hobbies. 

my take is that resellers using bots is really unfair because that's not an even playing field. THEY are scum, IMO because they are truly ruining the retail experience.  If everyone has the same opportunities to purchase something...and certain folks makes it a higher priority than others...then folks need to live by their choices.  In terms of buying more than one...that's on manufacturer or primary retailer...its their call to impose limits.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, waxwing said:

FB marketplace is the lowest of the low , block and move on. I get called worse on a daily basis. 

1 hour ago, Mathew said:

I was trying to move those big $20 city and friends walmart sets from a month ago or so.  Can't recall the set numbers at the moment.  The ones that are too big to store or ship for what they'll fetch in long storage.  Figured I could flip them locally.  Anywho.  I'm done trying to sell locally.  No questions asked on AMZ.  

1 hour ago, Mathew said:

Yep.  It is a scummy side hustle.  One that I LOVE.  I'm just not selling locally anymore.  My wife and I both own local businesses, too easy to get a bad name over nothing these days.