Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

I am an operator at one of the big refineries out side of New Orleans. I actually make gasoline . We are making it as fast as we can.

I don’t think it’s lack of supply that’s keeping prices higher in certain areas. More likely stations don’t see an incentive to lower prices when the majority of stations charge a premium.

My contractor lives 30 miles south and never buys gas in my town because it’s always up sold. He told me it’s been that way for decades, but increasingly worse this past year. It used to be $0.5-$0.10 difference now $0.40-$0.50.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Mark Twain said:

I don’t think it’s lack of supply that’s keeping prices higher in certain areas. More likely stations don’t see an incentive to lower prices when the majority of stations charge a premium.

My contractor lives 30 miles south and never buys gas in my town because it’s always up sold. He told me it’s been that way for decades, but increasingly worse this past year. It used to be $0.5-$0.10 difference now $0.40-$0.50.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So it is supply and demand.  If the people in your town are ok with paying premium then there is no incentive for the gas station to lower their prices.  Kind of like LEGO with their price increase ;)

I'm buying a business and I searched for the perfect url. And found one for $19.98 that was AWESOME (has the 2 most searched words for this particular business in Google SEO).  I went back to buy it today and now its for sale for $890.  Other urls I searched were $9.99 and are now up to $2500. Kudos ******* for making the internet less searchable by seizing descriptive urls.

Edited by FM

Well I REALLY got burned this time by vipoutlet and some a-hole scammer!  Late last year I purchased the Lego Creator Haunted House NEW condition on sale for $203 for personal build.  Stupid me didn't open it immediately to check the contents and I'm finally getting around to building it now for Halloween.  My heart just sunk as I dumped the bags out of the box to find BRIGHT colored bricks in non-numbered bags.  Even the inner box was nicely sealed with more bright colored bricks... obviously not Haunted House!  Any money I thought I was saving by shopping with them was just pissed down the drain on this one set.  

IMG_7381.jpg

• Sad 8

54 minutes ago, BRIX23 said:

Well I REALLY got burned this time by vipoutlet and some a-hole scammer!  Late last year I purchased the Lego Creator Haunted House NEW condition on sale for $203 for personal build.  Stupid me didn't open it immediately to check the contents and I'm finally getting around to building it now for Halloween.  My heart just sunk as I dumped the bags out of the box to find BRIGHT colored bricks in non-numbered bags.  Even the inner box was nicely sealed with more bright colored bricks... obviously not Haunted House!  Any money I thought I was saving by shopping with them was just pissed down the drain on this one set.  

IMG_7381.jpg

not to make light of your situation but it was haunted after all.....

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BRIX23 said:

IMG_7381.jpg

I've started opening large sets as soon as I get them, even if I'm considering selling them. I figure the loss in value from selling them as 'New, opened box' is worth it to make sure I don't get someone else's dodgy return. The fact that LEGO seals the boxes with tape that can be easily opened and resealed doesn't help matters.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, spener90 said:

Interesting thing. I bought and built the new Camaro recently, and it uses the cardboard seals you need to break to open.

Unfortunately, those are what seems to me even more easily defeated. I built all of the Speed Champions that have the cardboard punch out seals and to keep the boxes in good shape all you have to do is run an exacto knife under them. I guess if you wanted to reseal the box a simple line of glue would make it look like it had never been open. 

7 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

Unfortunately, those are what seems to me even more easily defeated. I built all of the Speed Champions that have the cardboard punch out seals and to keep the boxes in good shape all you have to do is run an exacto knife under them. I guess if you wanted to reseal the box a simple line of glue would make it look like it had never been open. 

yes...I got a vintage Spiderman set (before seals); the one w/ subway car and Doc Oc...anyway I am always wondering if it was re-glued.  I wonder more as the price appreciates.

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Staples now charging handling fees for boxes, sometimes twice the amount of the bundles being purchased.

I did not see handling fees for my order last week.  But they cancelled that order saying item unavailable.  I would not be surprised they cancelled the order because it did not include handling fees.    Those boxes are still available online

15 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

I did not see handling fees for my order last week.  But they cancelled that order saying item unavailable.  I would not be surprised they cancelled the order because it did not include handling fees.    Those boxes are still available online

It's the first time I've seen it.

Started feeling under the weather during the weekend. Felt like the flu, but different. Knew immediately what it was. Took the test Monday. Boom. Covid.

Anyway... Thought I'd feel better enough today, but no. Had to sell my tickets for the Dodgers/Mets game this afternoon.. Argh!

Edited by KvHulk
  • Sad 2

19 minutes ago, KvHulk said:

Started feeling under the weather during the weekend. Felt like the flu, but different. Knew immediately what it was. Took the test Monday. Boom. Covid.

Anyway... Thought I'd feel better enough today, but no. Had to sell my tickets for the Dodgers/Mets game this afternoon.. Argh!

That stinks, get better soon!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, KvHulk said:

I feel you with this. Wife tested positive last Thursday. Knowing I won’t quarantine her off I went and bought a solid supply of groceries. I tested positive on Sunday afternoon. I was literally hitting range balls that morning feeling great, and I wouldn’t have believed it if you told me within 12 hours my fever would be 102 and me down for the count. I’m improving now, but only slowly getting my strength back. 

It sucks! Get better!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, spener90 said:

I feel you with this. Wife tested positive last Thursday. Knowing I won’t quarantine her off I went and bought a solid supply of groceries. I tested positive on Sunday afternoon. I was literally hitting range balls that morning feeling great, and I wouldn’t have believed it if you told me within 12 hours my fever would be 102 and me down for the count. I’m improving now, but only slowly getting my strength back. 

It sucks! Get better!

I think my 83 year old Mother may have had it the other day, but she didn't test or anything. She said she's been getting better all week. She works 4 days in a row over Labor Day Weekend, so I hope she's negative.