10220 - Volkswagen T1 Camper Van

odenisblazin

but it was ferdinand porsche who created the beetle, not hitler. 

While the design was stolen from the Jewish Joseph Ganz, who was conveniently (for Hitler and Porsche) almost completely erased from history!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2086663/Hitler-copied-idea-iconic-Volkswagen-Beetle-Jewish-engineer-historian-claims.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josef_Ganz

I can see where this is going but the point I wanted to make is that the folk who think it is so bad to cheat the emissions rules and that TLG should have nothing to do with them should perhaps try to put things in context - VW has never been a whiter than white company and the car industry is not a good example of ethical business practices any more than fashion, IT, banking etc etc are.

That does not mean what they did is ok or that they should not be punished but in the scheme of things it will have washed over in a few years time like previous scandals have. If TLG were to end every alliance they made due to unethical practices the list of companies they could work with would be pretty short and who is to say what skeletons TLG have in their own closet?

I doubt if an article from the daily mail and wikipedia hold much clout in proving anything. IMO the designs of Ganz have more in common with the 2CV, the cabriolet just looks more like the F1 cars of that era too. 

I agree with Valen on this too, what happened upto and during WWII cannot be justified. I shall leave history to the historians

I agree with Valen on this too, what happened upto and during WWII cannot be justified. I shall leave history to the historians

And I think we should all leave these posts about Hitler and WWII as history too. I understand the potential relevance to the VW brand, but it's not the appropriate place to discuss here in this thread.

The VW scandal is an interesting development for sure (and disappointing for those that own them for sure) but the reality is that the T1 is iconic. I don't see why LEGO would change their plans for a set that is already long in the tooth due to a scandal involving modern day VWs. Most people don't look at "old cars" with the same appreciation or dislike as "new cars" (or vice versa) anyways.

• Like 2

The only wrong doing VW committed was not contributing enough $$$ to Obama's Presidential campaign.  They need to hire better lobbyists and all will be well again.

This one Dodge truck dumps more emissions into the atmosphere idling at a stoplight than 5000 Jetta TDI's.  This whole media farce is so transparently political....

rollin-coal-pics-page-2-dodge-cummins-diesel-forum1.jpg

The only wrong doing VW committed was not contributing enough $$$ to Obama's Presidential campaign.  They need to hire better lobbyists and all will be well again.

This one Dodge truck dumps more emissions into the atmosphere idling at a stoplight than 5000 Jetta TDI's.  This whole media farce is so transparently political....

So you found one picture taken somewhere in the world of a pickup truck with tons of after market modifications and an obvious emissions issue ...and that relates to VW selling 500,000 new cars after cheating on standardized emissions tests how?

But yeah, Obama's fault I guess...

• Like 1

LEGO Shop at Home EU: After being "available in 30 days", T1 page has disappeared at 10 am and not returned since. (@ valenciaeric, where ya at? ;) )

Maybe they are just updating the picture of the box.

I still see it available. Perhas they have restocked it today. What does your real time affiliate app say?