10220 - Volkswagen T1 Camper Van

odenisblazin

11 minutes ago, BrickDesign said:

How much longer is this set going to last?

Investment value aside, do you people think it is a good set? I'm debating whether I should get one for myself or not.

They just made a new box for this set... i think it still have some life left. Maybe the Cooper will go before this one?

Oddly enough there is a crazy amount of car dealers accounts on Ebay Germany now that are selling the T1. All with the same description, pictures etc. and all over the country with local pick up only.

Edit: On further research it seems like Volkswagen has added the T1 to it's official webshop so all official dealers now sell this in their ebay stores - talk about big time market overflow.

Edited by TigerG
  • Like 1

Oddly enough there is a crazy amount of car dealers accounts on Ebay Germany now that are selling the T1. All with the same description, pictures etc. and all over the country with local pick up only.

Edit: On further research it seems like Volkswagen has added the T1 to it's official webshop so all official dealers now sell this in their ebay stores - talk about big time market overflow.

Ugh.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, TigerG said:

Yeah... many VW car dealers gave this set away when you bought a new VW. I suppose sales have plummeted so they sell the legosets. At least these will sell. They do not have any sneaky software in them I believe. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

I'm about to the point where I just want to sell mine off.  Even if I lose 10-20 per set, it'd be worth it to never have to come to this thread again and read more bad news.

I am about to the point where I just want to stay away from expert creator vehicles all together. SC prices are stagnant, T1 is the closest thing to the DS we have, EEE is doing meh, no one wants the Mini, etc.

Guest TabbyBoy

Just wait guys, the frenzy to end all frenzies will be here once the penultimate nail goes in its coffin. How can something that often sells for RRP+ on eBay be a turkey? VW has negative press right now but, people soon forget. If anyone in the UK wants to sell their's at a 20% loss, I'll take them all right now. Whoever has built this set and doesn't love it needs to see a shrink!

29 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

Just wait guys, the frenzy to end all frenzies will be here once the penultimate nail goes in its coffin. How can something that often sells for RRP+ on eBay be a turkey? VW has negative press right now but, people soon forget. If anyone in the UK wants to sell their's at a 20% loss, I'll take them all right now. Whoever has built this set and doesn't love it needs to see a shrink!

I'm building the T1 at the moment and I'm loving it! :)

1 hour ago, TabbyBoy said:

That is why I do not trust myself cutting them seals.

Edited by Ciglione

2 hours ago, Haay said:

I'm building the T1 at the moment and I'm loving it! :)

Yes, this has always been my favorite build and display model. I always intended to build it and then sell used, but could not part with it.  I have no doubt these will continue to sell post-production (whenever that may be), and hope for around 2 to 2.5x msrp. Anything higher would be a bonus, but I am tempering expectations.