10220 - Volkswagen T1 Camper Van

odenisblazin

8 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

Let's all get along please :)

Hmmm, my reply might seem harsh, but it wasn't meant that way. I did put a smiley at the end, right :)

I was just surprised that someone would think I was talking about Lego VIP point while it's clearly an entirely different reward system.

My gut feeling is that this will suddenly disappear without warning and the biggest buying frenzy of all will be upen us. This is a VERY popular set and I can see it hitting the roof within weeks, like the TH did. I used to do the "sticker test" in John Lewis (Reading) and they seemed to renew about every 7-10 days about a year back. This still often sells for RRP+ so it can only be a good sign. I have 22 but, I could still be tempted to round it up slightly to a nice even 100 ;-)

Please don't wait too long to buy at least a couple of these, remember missing out on the TH? I did!

Yes, this set is indeed popular, but it is also stockpiled in vast quantities.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

I only have 1 T1 Camper, to off-set the hoarding here. :lolu:

But that's only because I got into this 'game' only recently and haven't seen it anywhere yet for a decent discount since I started buying LEGO.

1 hour ago, BearCrash said:

Did you even read the conversation I was replying to? :)

I know how Lego VIP points work. I was talking about the Dreamland reward points.

1 hour ago, BearCrash said:

Hmmm, my reply might seem harsh, but it wasn't meant that way. I did put a smiley at the end, right :)

I was just surprised that someone would think I was talking about Lego VIP point while it's clearly an entirely different reward system.

To answer your question accordingly:

So eh... sorry? ^.^ Can't always read everything and there are enough people out there that don't seem to understand the VIP-Point system.

I'm passing along now...

35 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

That's so true... hope it retires soon... don't want to see another Death Star in my portfolio.

• Like 1

Of the three builds I have done, I definitely enjoyed this one the most. The Mini Cooper was pretty decent, but, well, mini. The Ferrari was tedious and fragile and the stickers were a pain. The T1 is my favorite display of the three. I don't think any of these are going away for some time.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Yinchuan said:

Of the three builds I have done, I definitely enjoyed this one the most. The Mini Cooper was pretty decent, but, well, mini. The Ferrari was tedious and fragile and the stickers were a pain. The T1 is my favorite display of the three. I don't think any of these are going away for some time.

I've built the Mini Cooper which I really enjoyed. I've also built the F40 which I found fun as well. Though I do agree with you that the finished F40 is a bit frigile, especially when turning upside down and the backside hinges loose. Your appreciation of the T1 makes me want to get one for my own collection as well and enjoy to build it. :-)

Whenever this retires, it's not going to go down. It may not rocket in price but I still expect an immediate price bump of up to 30%. So if you got it at a discount, that helps. 

But because it's been around for so long I keep putting off buying it. So I only have 3 boxed. The 3rd bought during this 2x VIP points session. The first two years ago. 

6 minutes ago, unholy said:

T1 never had a diesel engine ^^ so what

The average moron doesn't understand that. The average moron just knows "VW bad" at this point. You give the average moron too much credit.

2 hours ago, stephen_rockefeller said:

I'm guessing there aren't a whole lot of people who care about their association with VW......aside from investors who want the T1 to retire so they can line their pockets with loot, or so they think.

It's not so much thinking it will be a profitable set but knowing. The US may be a different matter and frankly not one I care for, but I am in no doubt T1 will make money when it retires in Europe

10 minutes ago, stephen_rockefeller said:

I think there still might be a few people out there that think the T1 is going to demand 10187 money..........people should know better by now right?

I guess we will find out when it retires and see if other resellers are buying from me at 2x msrp hoping it gets to 4x.