10220 - Volkswagen T1 Camper Van

odenisblazin

That is true, but it was only bumped to $149.99 a couple months ago.  So did they think it was going to be gone and raised the price, and now are lowering it because its available again? or do they now just want to drop inventory?  or did some one just screw up, since FAO was still at $119.99...

It's been $149.99 for quite some time, at least it feels like it has been.

Guest TabbyBoy

Time to offload asap as the new design will hurt prices of the old one in the UK. A future turkey that's caught us all out?

I think it'll be game over within 2 years due to vast production numbers and recent resurrections.

Edited by TabbyBoy
TYpo

Even if this retires now, I doubt that it will appreciate fast, given the qty hoarded by us over the years. Especially last year when it was over 3 years old and had the mini T1 promo, people must have loaded up full basements of them.

I will not be surprised if many BPer has 3 digit quantities.

Edited by legone3

Even if this retires now, I doubt that it will appreciate fast, given the qty hoarded by us over the years. Especially last year when it was over 3 years old and had the mini T1 promo, people must have loaded up full basements of them.

It still sells well, though, or they would have retired it long ago. This type of set is maybe like 7965, really hoarded but a really good seller at an RRP price point that doesn´t cause too much anguish. The ones who got it at 60 or so can still sell for 120/150 and turn a nice deal, even if they had expected more. Buying 3 digit quantities at full price probably won´t be profitable, same as with 7965.

People say this about every exclusive:

1. A member indicates that [Exclusive] is so hoarded that everyone must have them and won't appreciate.

2. [Exclusive] retires,

3. [Exclusives jumps in value,

4. Emazers indicates that everyone should have 40 of these OR another member indicates that you had years to get this set before it shot up in value.

Ed and others have repeatedly mentioned that many, if not most, of the BP members are not hard core investors.  This set will go up when it retires and a prime example of an exclusive that "everyone" had lots of is the 10211 GE.  It hasn't performed spectacularly but you can still make $100 profit on the set and that's still a good return for a "safe" investment.  It seems that exclusives are increasingly the safer plays because they will go up, but at a lower rate then some potentially riskier plays.

• Like 4

I wouldn't be too surprised if TLG's CD plan was simply to have sacked all old boxes by the end of 2015, period - meaning taht EOL decisions are being made 100 % idenpendently from the box art renewal thing. I mean, if something like "Agents Ocean HQ retiring before even being released" can happen, that box art + still going EOL does not seem so strange at the end of the day.