10220 - Volkswagen T1 Camper Van

odenisblazin

Can I ask the photo looks authentic and you have been authentic in posts so I believe you and that it is real,

but where was the photo taken ? Is it fresh from shop at home Europe ?

strange I do not have good knowledge but I thought Europe did not have piece counts on boxes.

can not find anything on Internet for the new photo... So your copy may be one of the first...

congratulations and I am sorry 

People say this about every exclusive:

1. A member indicates that [Exclusive] is so hoarded that everyone must have them and won't appreciate.

2. [Exclusive] retires,

3. [Exclusives jumps in value,

4. Emazers indicates that everyone should have 40 of these OR another member indicates that you had years to get this set before it shot up in value.

Ed and others have repeatedly mentioned that many, if not most, of the BP members are not hard core investors.  This set will go up when it retires and a prime example of an exclusive that "everyone" had lots of is the 10211 GE.  It hasn't performed spectacularly but you can still make $100 profit on the set and that's still a good return for a "safe" investment.  It seems that exclusives are increasingly the safer plays because they will go up, but at a lower rate then some potentially riskier plays.

I only doubt that it will appreciate fast.

You know, the 50%-over-MSRP-then-stays-there-for-2-years kind of appreciation is probably more like it (IMO)

50% over MSRP means you barely make any money after fees, shipping, tax (that you paid when you bought), time spent, etc. even if you have bought at a discount or with promo.

Edited by legone3

Can I ask the photo looks authentic and you have been authentic in posts so I believe you and that it is real,

but where was the photo taken ? Is it fresh from shop at home Europe ?

strange I do not have good knowledge but I thought Europe did not have piece counts on boxes.

can not find anything on Internet for the new photo... So your copy may be one of the first...

congratulations and I am sorry 

No problem. Here is my source - an Austrian blog article. There is also an eBay listing with another photo of the new box.

The "old" box has the piece count, too - as you can see at amazon.de for example.

• Like 1

What's funny is, I was just about to buy a few more. Not now...

At what point does it cease to be investing and just become sales as part of a business?  Is there a line?

think for a lot its always been sales / business.   Never really understood the flippers vs long term used on here.   

Its just buying and selling.  Some do hold and sell way down the road which would be more investing.  Then some just collect and never sell at all.

• Like 1