Friends 2014

wholovesboo

Weeeeeird. I wonder where that's going to be sold/given away. It looks like a giveaway type of set. Especially since there's no mini doll.

For sure, and I read it as being a promotional item so somebody will be giving it away somewhere for some reason with something in some manner somehow. ....I ran out of "somethings". :sweat:

• 3 weeks later...

Other than it could be released within the next couple of months far as perhaps in the middle of August and maybe retail for $109.99, not much else.

I would not be surprised if the Summer Riding Camp quietly went EOL about the time that the Mall is released.  Something tells me that there won't be two large Friends sets out at the same time.

I would not be surprised if the Summer Riding Camp quietly went EOL about the time that the Mall is released. Something tells me that there won't be two large Friends sets out at the same time.

My gut is saying that the upcoming Heartlake Shopping Mall will more than likely be a Toys R Us exclusive same as the Summer Riding Camp so I agree with your statement. There also is the Sunshine Ranch and Heartlake Horse Show currently out taking a bit more precedence in the limelight. I think someone said the Heartlake Horse Show was a Toys R Us exclusive as well but I can't confirm that.

So I am thinking the mall will be this christmas's dolphin cruiser....thoughts?

I don't think so. There were a few factors that made DC such a lucrative flip last year:

- Price point - even TRU's retail price was $89. But we were seeing sub $50 pricing on the set. RRP is $69.99.

- Scarcity - it was off the shelves by mid-November. It was pretty impossible to find.

Mall RRP is $109. Coupon stacking or sales will get the price down. But it won't be as low as DC.

There will be something, and it's not a bad idea to start trying to figure it out.

Heartlake Horse Show is a TRU exclusive. The Heartlake News Van is a Walmart exclusive.

I can always remember the Walmart one but not the other.

So I am thinking the mall will be this christmas's dolphin cruiser....thoughts?

Ehhh, I'm just not feelin' it. The price point is insanely high but it could be limited to a certain retailer which tied to the appeal will be helpful. Still, the Dolphin Cruiser was a nice mid-high priced complete vehicle compared to a very pricy broken-up playset.

I don't know if any set will perform like the Dolphin Cruiser, except for maybe the Dolphin Cruiser again.  It is still incredibly popular and the top selling Friends set at Target and Amazon.  Can you imagine if it retires before Christmas?  I doubt it, but I find it unlikely it will stay in stock.  It is a better seller than any of the princess line.  The other two sets I expect to do well are Olivia's House and the Beach House.  Of course it all comes down to what's out of stock, and no one can accurately predict that.  

If the princess line goes out of stock, than in think the prices will be crazy high for all of them, especially Creativity Tower, Magical Kiss, and the Cinderella's Castle.  There are some good prices on these right now, but I think cyber Monday will be better.

A new Friends Accessory Pack has sprung up.

via The Brick Fan

Oooooh a camping set!! I love it. My daughter will be all over this. So no word on where this set was actually spotted?

I'm curious as to why Nala is suddenly popping up in a couple places. Does she figure in the latest story lines about the jungle sets? I know the girls are supposed to head out to some safari adventure. Or maybe they already have ...I don't follow the movies.

• Like 1