Are fruitcakes running rampant on eBay lately? Selling, buying, listing, feedback, etc...

jaisonline

3 hours ago, KShine said:

Updated tracking (well, changed tracking description really, since they only changed the wording of the old tracking).

Apparently "Civil unrest" is no longer delaying my package - It is now delayed due to "Civil demonstration".

So a demonstration of civility is now delaying your package?  I'll bet they spent hours trying to come up with "demonstration" after someone complained about "unrest".

• Like 2

Got another request to cancel an item after payment, stating that someone made the order without their permission. This time, instead of through eBay, the message was sent via PayPal resolution center. eBay is not letting me cancel the item through eBay, looks like I have to refund through Paypal.

I already purchased an expensive shipping label $50+, but have not sent to post office yet. How do I void a label? I can't find that option anymore? I remember it used to be easy to spot. Help please?

NEVERMIND, found it. eBay don't make it easy for sure.

Edited by locidm

9 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

I had one the other day - "can I make an offer on this set?" (It's a BIN).  "Also, can you expedite shipping so I can get it by Friday for my son's preschool graduation?"

I ignored.

The set?  Scooby Doo Mystery Mansion

I've had a few on a Wednesday afternoon make a low-ball offer and demand the item by Friday.  They get declined without explanation.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

I was boxing up this weekends orders and I have never seen this before. I will have to wait to for my next invoice to see if I get charged 10% of the $870 . Not sure what happened there item weighs 3 pounds and is going only 1 state away. 

70951855-AF4B-46E1-9A48-1F497FE40335.jpeg

buyer calculates shipping?

9 minutes ago, zaphoid said:

So I just got this from PayPal, how concerned should I be?

I agree Psuedoty, for $21, I wouldn't be too worried.  If you've shipped, they will most likely reimburse you, if not then don't ship the item.

I had this happen with a Haunted House (the old one), it was sitting at the pickup location and I called them and asked them to hold it since it would be less of hassle if I had the item in hand as opposed to trying to get PayPal or eBay to reimburse me.

I got this from PayPal today. They ordered, paid, I shipped, they received ten days ago. What happens next? This is new to me.

The buyer reported that someone made the order without their permission. Until this case is closed, we've also placed a hold on the transaction amount.

The buyer has filed a case with their financial institution for a payment of $436.91 USD you received on Jun 3, 2020. We've opened a case on June 15, 2020 so that we can collect more info and resolve this with the buyer's financial institution.

19 minutes ago, Brystheguy said:

I got this from PayPal today. They ordered, paid, I shipped, they received ten days ago. What happens next? This is new to me.

The buyer reported that someone made the order without their permission. Until this case is closed, we've also placed a hold on the transaction amount.

The buyer has filed a case with their financial institution for a payment of $436.91 USD you received on Jun 3, 2020. We've opened a case on June 15, 2020 so that we can collect more info and resolve this with the buyer's financial institution.

sounds like buyer used CC funded Paypal payment and then disputed the charge to their CC company. CC companies typically automatically take the side of the card holder and the burden of proof lies w/ the vendor/seller..CC companies are big entities so they have a lot of clout.  This might be a credit fraud case if the cardholder truly did not make the original purchase.  I would think if you have proof of delivery to the address held by the card holder then you should be golden. Any other address then it could get messy.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

sounds like buyer used CC funded Paypal payment and then disputed the charge to their CC company. CC companies typically automatically take the side of the card holder and the burden of proof lies w/ the vendor/seller..CC companies are big entities so they have a lot of clout.  This might be a credit fraud case if the cardholder truly did not make the original purchase.  I would think if you have proof of delivery to the address held by the card holder then you should be golden. Any other address then it could get messy.

I: always just send to the address given to me by EBay. Should I be double-checking something or has the checking already been done?

i do have proof of delivery. This  just seems weird.

Has it always been like this with eBay? All 3 of my recent >$400 items that were purchased and paid for had resulted in me getting various forms of purchases made without buyer permission notices. One was through eBay, one came from Paypal resolution center, and another yet came after the item has been delivered and eBay letting me know that the sold listing has been removed because the purchase was unauthorized. This seems to me an extremely high rate of fraudulent activities. Have others noticed the same trends?

Question, on one of the most recent cancelled orders, the buyer opened a case on Paypal asking for a refund because the purchase was unauthorized. I tried canceling the order through eBay but then at the time it says i can't because there is an open case on Paypal resolution center. So I went ahead and refunded the amount on Paypal and got the case closed. Now,  eBay is keeping my final value fees but it's not allowing me to cancel the transaction without refunding. Since I have already refunded through eBay, would it then send the money to the buyer again? Or do I need to call eBay and straighten this out? How do I get eBay to refund me my final value fees?

10 hours ago, locidm said:

Has it always been like this with eBay? All 3 of my recent >$400 items that were purchased and paid for had resulted in me getting various forms of purchases made without buyer permission notices. One was through eBay, one came from Paypal resolution center, and another yet came after the item has been delivered and eBay letting me know that the sold listing has been removed because the purchase was unauthorized. This seems to me an extremely high rate of fraudulent activities. Have others noticed the same trends?

yeah, I've been nervous about my >$400s.  Recently sold to an offer at $450 and hasn't paid in 3 days.  finally get a communication this morning and they said will pay in 2 days.  I feel better for two reasons...one they communicated...which supports that the sale is legit...2: they sent message at 6am (located same time zone as me)...all my years of life has shown me thieves are lazy and tend to sleep in...LOL  

quick question to the group...did you guys get any communication w/ the buyer prior to the payment issues?

10 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

yeah, I've been nervous about my >$400s.  Recently sold to an offer at $450 and hasn't paid in 3 days.  finally get a communication this morning and they said will pay in 2 days.  I feel better for two reasons...one they communicated...which supports that the sale is legit...2: they sent message at 6am (located same time zone as me)...all my years of life has shown me thieves are lazy and tend to sleep in...LOL  

quick question to the group...did you guys get any communication w/ the buyer prior to the payment issues?

I require immediate payment so never have to wait like you are doing.

To answer your question, I did not get any communication From the buyer about my situation. I only got the communication from PayPal about the unauthorized charge. I haven't heard anything from EBay at all.

11 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

I didn't have any payment issues (my buy it now listings require immediate payment), just that after payment I get notified that the purchase was made without the buyer's authorization and had to refund. 

Update: I called eBay, they provided my FVF back without any hassle. It was much easier than expected given all the eBay customer service stories I've read.

1 minute ago, Brystheguy said:

To answer your question, I did not get any communication From the buyer about my situation. I only got the communication from PayPal about the unauthorized charge. I haven't heard anything from EBay at all.

call me a fruitcake but I am OK giving some wriggle room to pay since i've needed it on my end as well...ofcourse if this sort of thing keeps happening I may change my policy.

1 hour ago, Brystheguy said:

I require immediate payment but if you accept a best offer then you need to wait for them to pay

2 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

2: they sent message at 6am (located same time zone as me)...all my years of life has shown me thieves are lazy and tend to sleep in...LOL

I have the same logic as you, but still always a worry of mine... What if this person is so lazy that they haven't even gone to bed yet! Lol

13 hours ago, locidm said:

Yes. Hackers often log in to rarely used / old accounts and use them for buying spree.  Also, from time to time there are legitimate cases where spouses or kids use their spouses' / parents' eBay accounts to buy expensive toys.